[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Sean Payton granted conjugal visit

rajncajn

The only thing that is obvious is you don't really care what anybody says. You've got a raging hard on for all things Saints and are taking every opportunity to make some sort of controversy out of things. What would you have said if Goodell said "nope, sorry those guys are suspended they cannot attend games."

I honestly don't know why things are different for Williams vs. Payton, but as others pointed out it has something to do with one still being under contract with his team (Payton) and the other not being under contract, or being removed from the team in some way outside of the suspension.

From what I know of you before this whole event you're a great guy, good fantasy player and fine source of info on the Saints.

PS After reading your last post all I can say is wow. Who is saying they didn't deserve their SB win or cheated to get it? I haven't ever said, nor have I read people hear saying it. I ignore the vast sports talk world and much of the national media, so maybe they are tearing down your team and giving you this impression that the one good thing that happened to them is being taken away. Why not just ignore them, you know your team is good and rightly won a championship, who cares what all the talking heads say.

PPS If you're going to keep posting things like this you will continue to have people responding in a negative way, I am not the only one so even if I go away and ignore your threads it will continue.

Wow. Dude you have a serious complex about the whole thing apparently. If you're still pizzed off about the suspensions and the whole thing than just go ahead and rant about how unfair they were and how your team is getting screwed... Don't make it about Payton's "conjugal visit".

You asked about the whys of what happened with Payton being allowed to attend... would you rather he wasn't? Your team, including your coaches pulled some dirty chips ahoy and the league punished them for it... did you get suspended too? I must have missd that part of it. Take it like a man and be happy for your QB and be happy that Payton got to be there to share it with him instead of crying that you didn't get to see Sean on the jumbotron.

Or if you just want to rant and don't want to hear other opinions, be clear with it so we can stay out of your thread.

The only thing that is obvious is you don't really care what anybody says. You've got a raging hard on for all things Saints and are taking every opportunity to make some sort of controversy out of things. What would you have said if Goodell said "nope, sorry those guys are suspended they cannot attend games."

Well, I am a fan. :shrug:

I didn't write the quotes that I posted above. Glazer has been a pretty harsh critic of the Saints regarding the bounties & even he is calling it "absurd." And in the interview I posted with Tafoya, they sounded pretty incredulous that they weren't even allowed to speak to Payton. So to say I'm the one creating the controversy is being a bit disingenuous.

As I've posted several times, I would rather the league had stuck with the suspension. It would have made me think no less of them than I already do.

Well, I am a fan. :shrug:

I didn't write the quotes that I posted above. Glazer has been a pretty harsh critic of the Saints regarding the bounties & even he is calling it "absurd." And in the interview I posted with Tafoya, they sounded pretty incredulous that they weren't even allowed to speak to Payton. So to say I'm the one creating the controversy is being a bit disingenuous.

As I've posted several times, I would rather the league had stuck with the suspension. It would have made me think no less of them than I already do.

The media is always upset when they are not allowed to speak with people, so that is a moot point in all this. And they are also well known for creating controversy where there is none. So while you may not be creating it yourself, you are following the lead of people who regularly make a big deal out of nothing (all to get ratings).

I think some of us just feel you're beating the same old horse and being overly bitter about anything related to the Saints. While you may have been happier had Payton not been allowed to attend the game, I bet many more Saints fans would have been seriously pissed about it (along with Brees and most of the team).

Not exactly. Your beginnings of this rant was much more focused on the appearance of it being unfair that Williams could go to all games, and Payton just this one... you even stated that part of you was happy that he was going to be there. And while maybe you're not creating the controversy nationally, I don't see Jay Glazer and Michelle Tafoya ranting about it here...

2 simple points:

- It WAS a nice gesture by the NFL towards Brees and Payton, on a personal level. Brees asked their permission for Payton to be there because it was obviously important to him. The NFL was actually showing a bit of respect and graciousness to allow Payton to witness and celebrate with his player and friend... and that's all it had to be about... celebrating the record. If they go any further and let Payton talk to the media, you know what kind of questions their going to ask... and if you put him up on the scoreboard and let the fans get all whipped up about it then it's not about the record anymore, it's about Sean Payton.

- I can completely understand the difference in the way Williams is being treated vs. Payton. The Saints are still Sean Payton's team. I'm sure he's watching the games somewhere, taking notes... (might even be getting coaches film and making suggestions somehow but that's not the point) The point is the day his suspension is lifted the Saints are HIS team again. The interim, and interim-interim coaches are nothing more than a placeholder trying to tread water and progress with HIS team. It's a much different story in STL... will Williams come back to the Rams if/when the NFL lets him back in... maybe. But the Rams certainly are not going along just trying to keep his seat warm until x date when he gets back. They don't know when/if he'll be back. It's not HIS team or HIS spot anymore. You can argue wheather it's right or wrong that their being treated differently, but you can't suggest there's not a difference.

The media is always upset when they are not allowed to speak with people, so that is a moot point in all this. And they are also well known for creating controversy where there is none. So while you may not be creating it yourself, you are following the lead of people who regularly make a big deal out of nothing (all to get ratings).

I think some of us just feel you're beating the same old horse and being overly bitter about anything related to the Saints. While you may have been happier had Payton not been allowed to attend the game, I bet many more Saints fans would have been seriously pissed about it (along with Brees and most of the team).

Oh the irony. :wacko:

Oh the irony. :wacko:

What irony, I'm commenting on a topic here that you started. You're the one trying to make some federal case out of anything that relates to the Saints. I'm not the only one that has seen it and commented on it, many other regulars/vets have said the same thing. But somehow I'm the bad guy in all this.

Suppose he was allowed to be pictured on the Jumbotron. Suppose also that the Saints have the ball at the opponent's 49 yard line down by 7 with 5 minutes remaining. It is 4th down with one yard to go. Payton is excited and like any fan makes a gesture to go for it and this is broadcast in the stadium and around the nation. The interim coach is seen looking at the screen while the gesture is made. The Saints do go for it.

Question, did he just coach them? What is the NFL to do?

No, the NFL worked it out so that even a person under suspension could be shown some humanity to share a special moment, one that maybe transcended the doings of this season, though I think a little too much was made of the record break. At the same time the League protected itself, the Saints, and payton from any further controversy.

I see your point though I do not suscribe to it. Can you see this point?

Edited by Ditkaless Wonders