[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

How bout them Cowboys

Cowboyz1

you sure about that? To me it would only cement Jerry Jone's assertion that he can maintain the role as GM. You guys need to suck...and suck BAD for 2-3 years for it to become clear to the man that he has no business being the decision maker.

No amount of sucking can change the mind of a guy as egotistical as Jera...

No amount of sucking can change the mind of a guy as egotistical as Jera...

As long as JJ owns the team he is going to do it his way. I know it sucks but hell he has the right to struggle year after year batting about .150 with player evaluations. But if he does finally get lucky and inspite of himself drafts a good couple of linemen on both sides of the ball next year, get some safety help and a hard nosed FB. Who knows......

Like Al davis, he is going to do it his way period. I agree with the premise that winning with Switzer was the worst thing that happened to us. He can't get it into his head that it was Jimmy Johnsons team that won not his.

I know this though, it they give Romo a solid line and run Murray, the Cowboys are going to be tough to beat on Sundays.

As long as JJ owns the team he is going to do it his way. I know it sucks but hell he has the right to struggle year after year batting about .150 with player evaluations. But if he does finally get lucky and inspite of himself drafts a good couple of linemen on both sides of the ball next year, get some safety help and a hard nosed FB. Who knows......

Like Al davis, he is going to do it his way period. I agree with the premise that winning with Switzer was the worst thing that happened to us. He can't get it into his head that it was Jimmy Johnsons team that won not his.

I know this though, it they give Romo a solid line and run Murray, the Cowboys are going to be tough to beat on Sundays.

Well you are in luck because this is the deepest OL coming into next years draft I can ever remember. I don't think even Jerry can screw this up. There are STARTERS all the way into the 4/5th rounds!! It is so deep and talented, that the Chargers, with the 1.6 are looking at the 2 best LB's in college at there pick and I would be screaming for them to trade down. And they could STILL draft OL with 3rd/4th rounders or whatever they get out of the trade and feel like they hit the lottery. Of course, if Smith is still in control...oh god nevermind I don't even wanna think about it.

Well you are in luck because this is the deepest OL coming into next years draft I can ever remember. I don't think even Jerry can screw this up. There are STARTERS all the way into the 4/5th rounds!! It is so deep and talented, that the Chargers, with the 1.6 are looking at the 2 best LB's in college at there pick and I would be screaming for them to trade down. And they could STILL draft OL with 3rd/4th rounders or whatever they get out of the trade and feel like they hit the lottery. Of course, if Smith is still in control...oh god nevermind I don't even wanna think about it.

Well I sure hope your right. I can't even imagine what this Offense could be with a pass protecting line that can also run block. Honeslty, there are only three positions we should be drafting for in 2013. Linemen, Safety and Linemen.

Now Dez Bryant out with torn ligaments in his hand. That makes 15 now on IR. This is just ridiculous.

So I ask you again as I still haven't gotten an answer from you who accused me of exaggerating. Well, Was I?

Edited by Cowboyz1

Now Dez Bryant out with torn ligaments in his hand. That makes 15 now on IR. This is just rediculous.

So I ask you again as I still haven't gotten an answer from you who accused me of exaggerating. Well, Was I?

Ridiculous . the 2nd letter in ridiculous is an i. If we were on the electric company me and someone else would be face to face and it would go like this

Ri----------------------------------------diculous

Ridiculous

Ridiculous . the 2nd letter in ridiculous is an i. If we were on the electric company me and someone else would be face to face and it would go like this

Ri----------------------------------------diculous

Ridiculous

:clap::rofl:

Ri--------------------------------------diculous

Yeahhhh.

Now my turn

Fu-----ck---------------------Off----------------- Now put it together

Now that was funny, I don't care who you are.........

Seriously, Thanks for the sp chk. I always sucked at spelling when typing fast.

Edited by Cowboyz1

Now Dez Bryant out with torn ligaments in his hand. That makes 15 now on IR. This is just ridiculous.

According to the Cowboys website, you currently have 11 on IR. If Bryant is on IR, that would be 12, so, yes, you are exaggerating.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_current_NFL_team_rosters

Titans 15

Jaguars 14

Panthers 13

Redskins 13

Cowboys 12

Patriots 11

Ravens 11

Giants 11

Colts 11

Bills 10

Bengals 10

Packers 10

Bucs 10

According to the Cowboys website, you currently have 11 on IR. If Bryant is on IR, that would be 12, so, yes, you are exaggerating.

http://en.wikipedia....FL_team_rosters

Titans 15

Jaguars 14

Panthers 13

Redskins 13

Cowboys 12

Patriots 11

Ravens 11

Giants 11

Colts 11

Bills 10

Bengals 10

Packers 10

Bucs 10

so...of these #'s, how many of these players are starters/actual players?

http://en.wikipedia....FL_team_rosters

Titans 15

Jaguars 14

Panthers 13

Redskins 13

Cowboys 12

Patriots 11

Ravens 11

Giants 11

Colts 11

Bills 10

Bengals 10

Packers 10

Bucs 10

You can't count its 13 on the site(look down to see Johnson and Coale) plus bryant that's 14 and 2 more that were released injured. LB draft pick Wilber and backup CB

LeQuan Lewis. So that makes 16. So no I wasn't exaggerating.

Edited by Cowboyz1

This thread is very entertaining and I've only read a portion of it. With that being said, the Cowboys are mediocre and will always be inferior to my Gmen for many years to come. Oh and to whoever said Tony Romo is elite - ha ha ha ha ha ha..come in dude, get real.

so...of these #'s, how many of these players are starters/actual players?

They are all actual players.

No idea on how many were starters, but, I'll guess that according to you and Cowboyz1, none of them come close to comparing to what the Cowboys have had to overcome. :yawn:

Best injury-overcoming team EVAH !!!!!!

They are all actual players.

No idea on how many were starters, but, I'll guess that according to you and Cowboyz1, none of them come close to comparing to what the Cowboys have had to overcome. : yawn:

Best injury-overcoming team EVAH !!!!!!

not likely to ever happen, but I feel bad for you if Dallas ever puts a season together...you won't have a reason to fly in here and post on sunday nights anymore..

not likely to ever happen, but I feel bad for you if Dallas ever puts a season together...you won't have a reason to fly in here and post on sunday nights anymore..

Yes, I fly in and post on only Cowboys threads. :rolleyes: Unfortunately, there isn't much else being discussed here anymore. :(

The Cowboys are way down on my dislike list. They are on it, but, down quite a bit:

1. Ravens

2. Bengals

3. Browns

4. Patriots

5. Eagles

7. Cowboys

Please explain to me what you mean by "face the realization that we need to start over" because I don't know exactly what you mean. Do you mean if Philly loses out they're going to dump all the overpaid underachieving players on the team? Because if that's the case how many players we talkin' here? TIA

Not sure anyone ever posted here that 8-8 was acceptable as a fan of any team. Link?

Truth be told if 8-8 gets you in the playoffs, you get some players healthy and catch fire I guess 8-8 is acceptable, ask the NYG fans.

And if you think losing out is good for Philly, by all means root against them every sunday. I'll root for my team every week to win

I'll address your questions in order....pretty easy to answer:

1. Whether they lose out or not, facing the realization that they need to start over means hiring a new coach. for the first time in over a decade, bringing in a new system, a new set of position coaches, and search for a field general: a franchise QB that can lead this team for the next decade. It will also mean dumping players/salary to free up some roster space to evaluate and sign new talent. This process has already begun with the release of overpaid, over-the-hill Pro-Bowler Jason Babin two weeks ago.

2. Whomp mentioned earlier in the thread that yesterdays win to move Dallas to 7-6 was "satisfying". Last week, the OP was chirping that 6-6 with the Monday Night WAS-NYG on -deck was making things interesting. Even you mentioned above that "I guess 8-8 is acceptible if it gets you into the playoffs". 8-8 IS mediocrity defined.

3. Please post a link to any thread where I ever even remotely mentioned I was rooting for the Eagles to lose. TIA.

I'll address your questions in order....pretty easy to answer:

1. Whether they lose out or not, facing the realization that they need to start over means hiring a new coach. for the first time in over a decade, bringing in a new system, a new set of position coaches, and search for a field general: a franchise QB that can lead this team for the next decade. It will also mean dumping players/salary to free up some roster space to evaluate and sign new talent. This process has already begun with the release of overpaid, over-the-hill Pro-Bowler Jason Babin two weeks ago.

2. Whomp mentioned earlier in the thread that yesterdays win to move Dallas to 7-6 was "satisfying". Last week, the OP was chirping that 6-6 with the Monday Night WAS-NYG on -deck was making things interesting. Even you mentioned above that "I guess 8-8 is acceptible if it gets you into the playoffs". 8-8 IS mediocrity defined.

3. Please post a link to any thread where I ever even remotely mentioned I was rooting for the Eagles to lose. TIA.

Just because your sorry arse Eagles need to tear down the shack and rebuild doesnt mean you can go ahead and project your measurably hopeless outlook on the Cowboys. Frankly the Cowboys are in far better shape then the Eagles. Call me delusional but i like our inside linebackers. I like our running back Murray,our TEs witten Phillips and Hanna. Ware is perhaps the best in football. Hell we have a solid rookie corner and a good vet beside him. Say what you want about Romo but I know he can get it done. We need some linemen and a safety or two, stay healthy and viola.

On the other hand your Eagles. Hell I don't blame you for wanting to blow up the team and start over. Who do you really have to build around. Shady Vicki the fumbler, Bryce brown, no wait he's a fumble too. Hell your right, I'm getting depressed just thinking about em. You know we have Jenkins who's a pretty good corner about to be available, he's better then both your starters. No wait that won't work your in to those guys 3 or 4 more years with the money you paid right.

Damn swamm for once I have to totally agree with you. The Eagles suck big green bald Eagle balls.......hehehehehehehehehe

You know until you get stuff worked out over there I'd appreciate it if you stayed out of my Cowboys victory threads. Don't want any of that stuff waffting over if you know what I mean.

Oh and Merry Christmas

Edited by Cowboyz1

2. Whomp mentioned earlier in the thread that yesterdays win to move Dallas to 7-6 was "satisfying".

:shrug: It was. I wasnt talking about the record. I was talking about beating a pretty good AFC team on the road to stay in the hunt.

:shrug: It was. I wasnt talking about the record. I was talking about beating a pretty good AFC team on the road to stay in the hunt.

Why would you wanna stay in the hunt when it's obviously better for the franchise, and you as a fan, for your team to just totally fnn suck and be eliminated from contention in week 9?

DUH.. :fool:

Why would you wanna stay in the hunt when it's obviously better for the franchise, and you as a fan, for your team to just totally fnn suck and be eliminated from contention in week 9?

DUH.. :fool:

:lol: If you say we took it too the Bengals it is overstating the win (took it to them was a little much in this case) . If you say you are satisfied its wrong too. I guess "It sucks that we won" is the only acceptable response

:lol: If you say we took it too the Bengals it is overstating the win (took it to them was a little much in this case) . If you say you are satisfied its wrong too. I guess "It sucks that we won" is the only acceptable response

In my defense of the "took it to them" remark. In my book, anytime you go into another teams stadium, with both teams playoff hopes on the line, undermanned as many would have our Dallas Cowboys and against a team with a better record. You have to "take it to them" to a certain extent at some point in the game in order to win. In my opinion, in the fourth quarter, we had to stop them three times and score 10 points. So yes, Spencer and the defense "took it to them" sacking Dalton and shutting their offense down late with the game on the line. Then the offense "took.it to them" driving not once but twice with Murray pounding away and slip carving up the naddy D to get into range for Bailey to split the uprights.