[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Tford's pre-combine rookie rankings (offense only)

Tford

IDPs will be updated in the IDP forum later tonight. I won't expound on the rankings in this post but I'll encourage some further discussion that I'll get to when I get a spare moment.

QB:

1) Geno Smith (West Virginia)

2) Mike Glennon (NC State)

3) Ryan Nassib (Syracuse)

4) Matt Barkley (USC)

5) Landry Jones (Oklahoma)

6) Tyler Bray (Tennessee)

7) Tyler Wilson (Arkansas)

8) EJ Manuel (Florida State)

Notable Omission: Collin Klein (Kansas State) - Arm is too weak for the pro game.

RB:

1) Eddie Lacy (Alabama)

2) Stepfan Taylor (Stanford)

3) Giovani Bernard (North Carolina)

4) Montee Ball (Wisconsin)

5) Joseph Randle (Oklahoma State)

6) Marcus Lattimore (South Carolina)

7) Jawan Jamison (Rutgers)

8) Mike Gillislee (Florida)

9) Andre Ellington (Clemson)

10) Le'veon Bell (Michigan State)

WR:

1) Cordarrelle Patterson (Tennessee)

2) Keenan Allen (California)

3) Terrance Williams (Baylor)

4) Justin Hunter (Tennessee)

5) Tavon Austin (West Virginia)

6) Quinton Patton (LA Tech)

7) Robert Woods (USC)

8) Markus Wheaton (Oregon State)

9) DeAndre Hopkins (Clemson)

10) Da'Rick Rogers (Tennessee Tech)

TE:

1) Tyler Eifert (Notre Dame)

2) Zach Ertz (Stanford)

3) Jordan Reed (Florida)

4) Gavin Escobar (SD State)

5) Travis Kelce (Cincinnati)

OT:

1) Luke Joeckel (Texas A&M)

2) Eric Fisher (Central Michigan)

3) DJ Fluker (Alabama)

4) Lane Johnson (Oklahoma)

5) Brennan Williams (North Carolina)

Interior OL:

1) Chance Warmack (Alabama)

2) Jonathan Cooper (North Carolina)

3) Kyle Long (Oregon)

4) Barrett Jones (Alabama)

5) Larry Warford (Kentucky)

• Like 1

I'm curious why you ranked Lattimore #6 at RB? Is that based on how well he plays as a rookie? Over his career? That he'll be the 6th RB drafted? Where does his injury play into it for you? He seems like a tough one to include in any rankings with all the variables.

My rankings are based on if I were an NFL GM, who would I value over whom? That means that I would draft Lattimore if I wanted an RB and 1-5 were gone.

It is tough to slot Lattimore no doubt but his recovery seems to be progressing well which is a good sign for his draft stock. In addition, some teams flat out ignore pre-draft injuries if they feel confident in a guy. Willis McGahee in 2003 is a great example of this. He was drafted as the RB1 (1.23) despite completely destroying his knee in the championship game. Granted, he fell 10-15 spots depending on who you believe but the Bills took him knowing that he was hurt. If you like a guy, you like a guy.

• Like 1

I'm curious why you ranked Lattimore #6 at RB? Is that based on how well he plays as a rookie? Over his career? That he'll be the 6th RB drafted? Where does his injury play into it for you? He seems like a tough one to include in any rankings with all the variables.

I've seen a lot of info on Lattimore, and everyone keeps saying he could be one of those rare talents that could play for a long time in the NFL...... I read in USA today where this kid has put on 20lbs of muscle in his rehab alone, and has a phenominal work ethic to go along with being just a great kid......... He also had the same doctor as AP. Personally, and despite the risk, I'd love to see the Colt's take a shot at him, even though I think we have greater needs at CB and/or OL.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/draft2013/story/_/id/8975113/dr-james-andrews-says-marcus-lattimore-rehab-ahead-schedule

Whoever gets Lattimore is getting a steal. Robert Woods is going to be a pro-bowler. Really like E.J. Manuel as a project QB. Collin Klein is most certainly not an NFL QB, but unlike that Tebow guy, my gut tells me he'll be willing to play wherever, and could be a nice weapon for, say, the Patriots...

I've seen a lot of info on Lattimore, and everyone keeps saying he could be one of those rare talents that could play for a long time in the NFL...... I read in USA today where this kid has put on 20lbs of muscle in his rehab alone, and has a phenominal work ethic to go along with being just a great kid......... He also had the same doctor as AP. Personally, and despite the risk, I'd love to see the Colt's take a shot at him, even though I think we have greater needs at CB and/or OL.

http://espn.go.com/n...-ahead-schedule

Oh trust me I'm all over him from a pure talent perspective, he and Richardson have were neck and neck if my eyes a couple of years ago. Pre-injury he's a freaking stud and a top 5 overall pick (hello there Jaguars, nice to meet you). But this wasn't a partial tear of an MCL, he absolutely wrecked his knee. He tore three different ligaments plus dislocated the knee. We have no way to know his progress right now, and probably won't know this until well after the draft process. I was just curious about TFord's thought process behind putting him at #6.

If I were doing the rankings, I probably wouldn't rank him per se, I would just list him with an asterisk and note that "he's more about what kind of pick you are willing to gamble". I don't see anyone risking an early pick on the risks involved. I think he goes in the 4th somewhere, probably to one of he better teams that needs a little less help and can afford a busted pick. Atlanta, San Fran, someone like that.