[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Does your league use 6pts for passing TDs?

keggerz

I am doing some research for an article and looking for leagues that fit the following criteria:

League A

12 team league that has been in existence for at least 5 yrs

Non-IDP

Passing TDs are 6pts

9 or 10 starters

Uses MFL

League B

12 team league that has been in existence for at least 5 yrs

Non-IDP

Passing TDs are 4pts (all other TDs 6 pts)

12+ starers

Uses MFL

If I use your league in my research I will credit it in my article.

TIA

EDIT: Got League A covered...still need B.

Edited by keggerz

Hi Keggerz, I'm in two leagues of this nature, both have been around for over 10 years. 12 teams. One has 7pts for all TDs and the other has 6pts for all TDs.

We migrated from Fanball to RTSports, so both have a scoring history to look at. Send me a PM if you want further info/details.

(though in reading, it looks like you have those angles covered).

Edited by CowboysDiehard

I commish 3 leagues. Many years ago, we had endless debates about awarding 4pts vs 6pts for passing TDs. Lots of good arguments on both sides. We even had a vote which ended up 50-50 among 36 teams across three 12-team leagues. sigh. Being that I am a descendent of King Solomon, I pronounced that passing TDs in all 3 leagues would hereafter get 5 points! No complaints in the last 4 years about it. Everyone seems satisfied with the relative value of the QB position vs all the others. We're staying at 5 points only because I don't want the stupid debates again.

my league scoring had passing TD's between 6-9 pts, I don't believe in making the TD for a QB 4 pts....I don't see the relevance and I also make it that if a QB runs in a TD or catches one it will be 9-12 pts - the range in pts for any TD depends on the distance...

all standard TD's are 6-9 pts and when a player performs out of position like a RB catching a TD, it becomes anywhere between 9 and 12 pts...

plus you have the yardage and the bonus scoring for yardage....

QB passing is 10 pts @ 200 yds and then 1pt per 10 additional...

QB rushing and receiving is 2pts per 10 yds and a 10pt bonus @ 100 yds

RB rushing is 1pt per 10 yds, 5pt bonus @ 100 yds

RB receiving and passing is 2pts per 10 yds, 10pt bonus @ 100 yds

scoring for a WR is the same as RB but you just swap rushing with receiving....

when a player is versatile, it gives them more value and sometimes you can land gold like Sproles 2 years back...