[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

16 Team League Schedule for a 12 week regular season

archiebonker

Not too hard to do.

This assumes the NFL follows the same bye schedule as last year (byes weeks 4-11 only)

Have all teams in a single division.

Schedule double headers weeks 1 thru 3 and single headers weeks 4-12. (You could always shift a double header from week 1-3 to week 12 if desired).

With this set up, all teams play each other once (thus, if you use H2H as a tiebreaker, it will work out to equal amounts of games played between teams), all double headers are in non-bye weeks and you can more cleanly get the top 8 teams into the playoffs because you don't have the issues that divisions cause.

I am in a 16 team league with a 13 week schedule. You could use 12 weeks if you wanted. We have 2 conferences of 8 teams and 4 divisions of 4 teams. You would play everyone in your division twice (6 games), every one in other division, same conference (4 games) and than two non-conference games. You might have to manually enter the schedule into your league.

We have 8 teams in the playoffs as well. 4 division winners and than two wildcards from each conference.

We did that once too, and now went with a 4 week playoff format. But ya, love divisions. We tried Double headers each week last year with 14 teams. Everyone loved it. So now that I'm pushing for 16, I was wondering if we would be able to do a schedule. Not easy.

I'll keep your option in mind Outshined and yours bigCountry.

Wish the Huddle, and some of the other sites would have more options for schedules.

Got 1 for ya

4 divisions, 2 conferences

Weeks 1-3 double headers within the division - play each team twice

week 12 triple header within the division - play all 3 teams 1 more time

weeks 4-11 double headers - 1 against each non conference team each week (8 games) and once against each non division conference foe weeks 4-7 and repeat for weeks 8-11

So you end up playing all double headers and 1 triple header.

Each division foe 3 times

Each non division/in conference foe 2 times

Each non Conference foe 1 time

Of course you would have to enter this entire schedule manually.