[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

An analysis of 12 team WCOFF mandatory TE drafting

Thews40

Cook is one of my favorite TE2 picks with legit TE1 upside.

Everyone has the right to take a flier on anyone they want, and if you're drafting him in this capacity, I have no problem with it. However, his ADP is such that spending a 9th round pick on a backup TE seems a prohibitive luxury.

Everyone has the right to take a flier on anyone they want, and if you're drafting him in this capacity, I have no problem with it. However, his ADP is such that spending a 9th round pick on a backup TE seems a prohibitive luxury.

I usually roll with a couple of guys like this and hope one of them breaks out into a decent TE option. It worked last year with Rudolph. Worked in 2010 with Marcedes Lewis. I'm not worried about Cook's ADP. I know that Cook is more likely than not going to be there in the 11th-12th rounds in my main local. I got Rudolph in the 12th last year as the first TE off my board. Can't remember who my other flier was I drafted. But I'll probably try to grab two of Cook, Daniels, Bennett, or maybe even Olsen (he will last into the 9th).

It's short sighted to look at the Rams and Cook and say "they don't use their TE much" and conclude that Cook won't do much better than 20th overall. They paid him over $35M over 5 years to be more than a blocker. It appears that Cook is a much better fit in the Amendola possession role than any of their current WR crop, and the Rams appear to be ready to use him that way. Bradford is better than Locker/Hasselbeck and if the Rams' offensive line can stay relatively healthy, should've improved. The big thing is all the speedy young WRs and spread offense mean that Cook has a chance to clean up underneath on mismatches (and appears to be a favorite of Bradford's already). It's anybody's guess how things will actually play out, but Cook is one of my favorite TE2 picks with legit TE1 upside.

Maybe. Bradford just has not looked at his TE position much in the past 3 years. it could change and Cook is a solid player. did not mean to be short sighted on ya my friend. I just don't see him doing what he did in Tenne on the Rams. and his stats were only solid there. with a dropoff (which is what I expect) he becomes someone that is easily forgettable.

• 2 weeks later...

This just in: Philip Lutzenkirchen leads all Rams' TEs in receptions.

And Mike Higgins led all TEs in the 2012 preseason with 14 receptions. His teammate Jimmy Graham had 3. And actually Graham (3), Heath Miller (2), Witten (2),Gronk(4) & Gonzo(7)...you know, the top-5 TEs last year, they combined for 18 total receptions in the preseason Edited by keggerz

Wow, I don't think I've ever seen so much research to refute a joke.

Good thing I din't tell the one about the talking apples.

fwiw, it didn't even take 2 minutes to dig that up...and I'm guessing you're saying it was a joke because of what I posted...especially with how you took shots at Cook.

This just in: Philip Lutzenkirchen leads all Rams' TEs in receptions.

And Mike Higgins led all TEs in the 2012 preseason with 14 receptions. His teammate Jimmy Graham had 3. And actually Graham (3), Heath Miller (2), Witten (2),Gronk(4) & Gonzo(7)...you know, the top-5 TEs last year, they combined for 18 total receptions in the preseason

Anyone else think that if Lutzenkirchen suddenly broke out and had a monster season Axe would be back in this thread and deleting his "It was a joke post" before bumping it up and claiming he is all knowing?

Anyone else think that if Lutzenkirchen suddenly broke out and had a monster season Axe would be back in this thread and deleting his "It was a joke post" before bumping it up and claiming he is all knowing?

Only problem is that if Lutzenkirchen was going to suddenly break out and have a monster season, Baby Jane would have already told you about it by now.

Vernon Davis

Davis is lining up as a WR with Crabtree out. He wants to be a WR and he has huge upside. Kapernick and Davis have had some time to gel and IMO he has a very huge upside. It wouldn’t surprise me if Davis was the #1 TE at the end of the year.

Tony Gonzalez

Coaxed out of retirement for one more shot a ring, Gonzalez is at the end of his career. Don’t drink the KoolAid, because his points come from touchdowns. A 4th to 6th round pick here is wasted IMO, as there’s just too much downside and better options later.

I just had this situation on a draft where I needed to get my starting TE. Graham, Witten and Gronko gone and my last pick before my long turn around (I was 3rd pick in a 12 team ppr league).

I pulled the trigger on Gonzo. I understand him being out of retirement but he had great stats last year and while I don't expect the same numbers, I hardly see a significant drop to not draft him. I mean, with the Falcons 2 corners in Jones and White - Gonzo at 37 can still beat most defense men on single coverage. I see around 70-80 catches with 700-800 yards and about 6 TD's with upside for more TD's. I'm just not that confident about Davis, I can't put my finger in it but I just can't.

Thanks for this post!

Through two preseason games, I've cooled on Jared Cook, mainly because he doesn't seem to be getting a ton of looks despite whatever plans the team says they have. I still like Cook as a possible breakout candidate, but he's not my favorite TE2 with upside. Whereas I don't think he'll finish 18-20, outside of the top 12 wouldn't surprise me. I think he'll need a Kyle Rudolph-like red zone presence to be top 10, and TDs are pretty darn difficult to predict. I like Jordan Cameron, Rob Housler more for the price. Dustin Keller was on that list too until he blew out his knee (understatement of the year there).

• 3 weeks later...

Remind me where you have Cook ranked, Baby Jane... Where do you think he ends the season in TE fantasy rankings? I'm guessing if drafting him is a joke, that means at least a middling TE2 (so close to 20th overall maybe?)

Yeah, I'd say #18 - #20 is fair.

:thinking:

What a joke it was drafting Jared Cook...

Edited by MTSuper7