[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Offer my view to anyone wanting fantasy advice

HighKite

I drafted Shonn Greene. I don't like Shonn Greene and don't have any plans to start him---It's PPR and I have Lesean McCoy, Andre Ellington, Knowshon Moreno, Danny Woodhead, and Benny Cunningham, so plenty of depth to avoid having to start Greene--especially since he will be most likely splitting/overtaken early mid season by Sankey. I'm looking at picking up either Alfred Blue or Paul Richardson who could have huge breakout seasons depending on starters injuries (behind Arian Foster and Percy Harvin). Nonetheless, is it prudent to drop a starting RB on the possibility of injury? It is a keeper league too, so if for some reason my rook has a big year that is 16th round value. Thoughts? other back-ups to consider, granted they are available?

Rate my squad in a 12 team PPR

QB:

Matt Stafford

Carson Palmer

RB:

Jamaal Charles

Andre Ellington

LeVeon Bell

Knowshon Moreno

WR:

Roddy White

Jeremy Maclin

Brandin Cooks

Doug Baldwin

Danny Amendola

Jarrett Boykin

TE:

Dennis Pitta

DST:

Denver

K:

Cairo Santos (I had to take a Chief with my last pick)

I've got Brady starting but have heard more than once that Russell Wilson will have a bigger week than Brady. Should this bench swap be given legitimate consideration?

I have Brady in 1 league starting this week but if I had Wilson I would start him over Brady. much better matchup and there is not much downside with Wilson as his running ability always makes him servicable. Brady does have slightly more upside just because he is Brady but I think his downside negates that and some.

Need to drop one player to p/u a kicker.

Bench consists of:

Pierre Thomas - NO

Mark Ingram - NO

Danny Woodhead - SD

Jarrett Boykin - GB

Matt Cassell - MN

I have Matt Prater at K and he's out for the first 4 weeks. I could drop Cassell, but there are not many QB's on the pickup list. I figure one of the backs should go, but which one? Playing Yahoo standard format. 14 teams.

I understand Prater is a kicker, but one of the best and doubt he'll be available on the waiver wire at week 4. Could drop him and pick up another kicker, but will I lose out overall?

I would drop Prater myself. my 2nd choice would be Cassell but I would need to see what QB's are left on your waiver wire 1st.

To expand on that question just a bit, Wilson has GB at home, Brady is @Miami, and I don't want to be a slave to projections but more than a few sources have Wilson producing more points. First year fantasy player, trying not to talk myself into anything I'll regret. Another case of "start your stud"? Or nah?

I do not buy into the always start your stud theory if you got a solid player with a much better matchup.

I drafted Shonn Greene. I don't like Shonn Greene and don't have any plans to start him---It's PPR and I have Lesean McCoy, Andre Ellington, Knowshon Moreno, Danny Woodhead, and Benny Cunningham, so plenty of depth to avoid having to start Greene--especially since he will be most likely splitting/overtaken early mid season by Sankey. I'm looking at picking up either Alfred Blue or Paul Richardson who could have huge breakout seasons depending on starters injuries (behind Arian Foster and Percy Harvin). Nonetheless, is it prudent to drop a starting RB on the possibility of injury? It is a keeper league too, so if for some reason my rook has a big year that is 16th round value. Thoughts? other back-ups to consider, granted they are available?

I believe if you get rid of Greene you no longer have good depth at RB. Woodhead and Greene are your RB depth IMO.

IMO Blue at best would split with Grimes and I doubt either would be worth owning until 1 overtook the other for majority carries. this is not the same line that used to leave gaping holes for RB's to where anyone they put back their looks good.

And Richardson is not Harvin. the only reason I think Harvin has a solid fantasy year is because he is supertalented. no other WR on that team is talented enough to be fantasy relevant with as few targets as you get playing for Seattle , who wants to run it down your throat. although Richardson is not a bad hold for the future, I think you can get him back off of waivers next year with a late pick as even if Harvin goes down Kearse would benefit the most from a Harvin injury.

How bad is your WR siutation? do you need a WR like really bad?

Rate my squad in a 12 team PPR

QB:

Matt Stafford

Carson Palmer

RB:

Jamaal Charles

Andre Ellington

LeVeon Bell

Knowshon Moreno

WR:

Roddy White

Jeremy Maclin

Brandin Cooks

Doug Baldwin

Danny Amendola

Jarrett Boykin

TE:

Dennis Pitta

DST:

Denver

K:

Cairo Santos (I had to take a Chief with my last pick)

I think you should of drafted a ambulance for your WR's. : )

Anytime I see a team with 3 strong RB's I know that is a team in it for the long haul.and you got 3 strong backs.

Edited by HighKite

For my week one line up I have a receiver slot open and a flex slot open and I don't know which two out of Vincent Jackson,Andre johnson, and Doug Martin to start. Any advice will be appreciated

When asking questions like this you should tell me your point system.

Andre Johnson is a for sure no matter the format to me. I have him ranked number 1 at WR this week myself.

Martin and Jackson have the same problem. a tough matchup. I think I would go with Martin as RB's just get more yards on average when they get the touches Martin will get.

Defense/ST, i picked up Denver in the second laat round, should i drop them for philly, or see how they play vs jax first.

Also, MJD, Sproles or T Rich this week at RB2 behind forte?

I do like Philly this week and I drafted them on 1 of my teams but I would stick with Denver. they are just a better defensive team and I think if you dropped them someone else would grab them right up.

On your 2nd question I would go with Richardson this week. if Richardson is gonna do anything all year he will at least do solid this week.

Hello,

I am curious about what you think about J. Hill's stock. Do you think it will continue to rise or do you think that G. Bernard will damper any further rise?

I am considering proposing a trade to the G. Bernard owner for some WR depth (see team 1 in my signature). The Bernard owner has the following WRs:

Golden Tate

TY Hilton

Greg Jennings

Markus Wheaton

Do you see anyone I should target? If so, what do you think would be a reasonable offer one of those players (his other RBs are D. Martin, Pierre Thomas and Jacquizz Rodgers)? Or should I stay put with J. Hll for the time being?

Thanks again for your help.

I missed the fact that Demarco Murray should be on my list on available players also. I see Lacy, Murray and Marshal probably gone. So if I go RB the choice might be Morris or Martin and WR would be Brown or Nelson. I am a big Steelers fan and my 2nd favorite team is the Redskins, but I try to let that enter into my drafting.

I ended up getting Marshall because the player picking 2nd took Andy Dalton. I just said thank you and never asked what he was thinking. I ended up taking Andrew Luck in our 2nd round because QB's were going fast. I like my starters with Luck, Forte, G Bernard and Marshall. My backups are somewhat questionable, but only time will tell. I will update my signature with my whole team.

Thanks again for your advice! I'll probably be back for more.

Hello I'm new to the forums, but I've been a fantasy junkie for a number of years. I usually go off instinct with these types of things, but I've got a couple toss ups and I'm looking for other people's opinions.

First off Russell Wilson vs GB Week 1 or Alex Smith vs TEN Week 1? At the moment I have Russell Wilson in.

In my flex spot, I don't know whether to start Chris Johnson from the Jets vs Oakland week 1, Michael Floyd from the Cards vs SD week 1, or Pierre Thomas from NO vs the Falcons week 1? Michael Floyd is projected to have the most points, but I was thinking Thomas or Johnson would have a better chance because they're both starters for their respective teams. Any advice?

In my other league, I have the first world problem of too many good WRs. I have Michael Crabtree, Emmanuel Sanders, Antonio Brown, and DeSean Jackson. I can start two and then another in my flex. At the moment, Desean Jackson has become my odd man out because the way Emmanuel Sanders was getting targeted during the preseason and now that Welker is out, he'll probably get more looks.

In my third league, again I'm having WR issues. I don't whether to start Pierre Garcon or Randall Cobb. I have Cobb in, but Garcon may be better in week 1 because GB is playing Seattle's secondary even though they're slightly banged up.

Well thanks for reading, and I appreciate any opinions and advice on who to start week 1.

Should I trade away

1. Brandon Marshall

2. Toby Gerhart

3. Derrick Carr

for

1. Montee Ball

2. Andy Dalton

3. Reuben Randle

Rest of my team (12 team league)

Matt Stafford

Carr

Gerhart

LeSean Mccoy

MJD

Terrance West

Carlos Hyde

Marshall

Keenan Allen

Eric Decker

Golden Tate

Michael Floyd

Brandin Cooks

Jordan Reed

Travis Kelce

Tim Wright

Hello,

I am curious about what you think about J. Hill's stock. Do you think it will continue to rise or do you think that G. Bernard will damper any further rise?

I am considering proposing a trade to the G. Bernard owner for some WR depth (see team 1 in my signature). The Bernard owner has the following WRs:

Golden Tate

TY Hilton

Greg Jennings

Markus Wheaton

Do you see anyone I should target? If so, what do you think would be a reasonable offer one of those players (his other RBs are D. Martin, Pierre Thomas and Jacquizz Rodgers)? Or should I stay put with J. Hll for the time being?

Thanks again for your help.

1st on Hill. I like him alot. he is kinda the plugger Green-Ellis was except he catches a tad better . they plan on Hill getting over 200 carries this year and if he does better than Green Ellis I would not be suprised if he does not get even more. I would be worried if I was a Bernard owner because he may just fall right back into last years role. although that still makes him solid but not the stud he would of been with 300 touches.

As far as the trade, you do need another WR and you have the RB depth to spare.Hilton would be the only person of those that would be worth Hill IMO. my only thing is if Hill is gonna get 200 carries with Bernard healthy what does he do if Bernard was to get hurt? or if he just out runs Bernard? he is not far from being a stud under the right circumstances. you know they want a power running game there too.

WR's are much easier to find on the waiver wire than RB's. I am not saying I would not go for a WR but I don't think you will get Hills value in return until people see with their own eyes that he gets those carries. it would not hurt anything to just throw his name out there to the Bernard owner and see what is offer is. I would make him make the actual offer though so we can really see what he thinks about Hill.

I might go to the Rice owner with Pierce and see if there is any interest there unless the Rice owner has plenty of backs. he won't want pierce if he has plenty of backs. otherwise I sit still and enjoy my RB depth and wait for people to come to you. that is what happens when you grab backs like you did. they will come to you.

I ended up getting Marshall because the player picking 2nd took Andy Dalton. I just said thank you and never asked what he was thinking. I ended up taking Andrew Luck in our 2nd round because QB's were going fast. I like my starters with Luck, Forte, G Bernard and Marshall. My backups are somewhat questionable, but only time will tell. I will update my signature with my whole team.

Thanks again for your advice! I'll probably be back for more.

Anytime brother and you are welcome. hope it pans out.