[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Offer my view to anyone wanting fantasy advice

HighKite

Made it to the Super Bowl in the one league I'm in where we actually play all 17 weeks (which still kills me), however, I'm concerned with my defense for this week, and considering another option.

I've been able to ride the Chief's all season, but barely won last week as they only put up 3 points versus the Colts, and now they are going into San Diego where they've scored poorly before, plus, the Chiefs have nothing to play for and Reid is talking about resting some players, so they are really not an option this week.......

Most of our defensive scoring is standard (sacks, fumble's, INT's, TD's), but we also can score points for points against and total yards allowed. I already have the Cardinals on my roster (vs the 49ers), but am also considering picking up the Bronco's as they play a hapless Oakland team....

I currently have the Cardinals penciled in to start this week, but am debating on picking up the Bronco's as they are trying to secure a 1st round bye, and Oakland is not the best scoring team........

Thoughts, comments, suggestions???

I think of the 2 I might go with the Cardinals. that defense swarms and will have kaep fooled. if Gore cannot run the Niners are in trouble in this game. and, The fact you can score extra points for how many yards given up could be bad for Denver as they may give up a bunch of junk yardage.

As far as the points againt Vegas has them both giving up about the same amount of points.

In case you do want to look into some other defenses I would look over Indianapolis who plays Jville who should play everyone on their roster this week ( if they are out there) or Miami (if they are out there).

Edited by HighKite
  • Like 1

Need a third receiver

Have Streater and Balwin

but Prior kind of kills Streater.

Players avaialble

Marvin Jones

Vicent Brown

Eddie Royal

Miles Austin

Keeny Stills

Nate Washington

Jerome Simpson

Andre Holmes

Thoughts

That is a tough group. being they all basicly have the same downside I would go upside. to me that is Marvin Jones. you know Green will be double teamed and Jones has basicly taken the number 2 job rom Sanu. he could blow up.

I liked the Raider WR's ( and still kinda do) but Pryor is such a horrible QB there is no way to even guess what he is gonna do as he does not know himself. junk yardage potential here though.

Nate Washington has been playing good but he has made a career out of fooling fantasy owners ito picking him and then doing nothing. plus his matchup I don't like.

Hey Kite. Final week and I'm trying to lock down 3rd in my 12 man league (top three finish in the $$).

Here's what I got. Some of this lineup depends on AP's status for Sunday against your Lions ;-)

QB - ??

RB - Knowshon

RB - ??

WR - Dez

WR - Keenan Allen

TE - ??

FLEX - ??

K - Vinatieri

DEF - Panthers

Let me know what you think of the following:

1) QB - Leaning Luck against Jags, but Brady shooting for first round bye

2) RB - If AP plays (should know after tomorrow), do you start him? I also picked up Edwin Baker on WW, and it looks like Andre Brown will be good to go for Giants against Skins.

3) TE - Gates or Pitta? Probably a coin flip.

4) FLEX - With Rodgers returning I feel James Jones would be a good play here. You think one of my RBs would be better here (if AP plays)? Then there's also Cordarelle Patterson...

Thanks boss.

1. You never know how long they leave Luck in as the game is meaningless.I would roll with Brady . he is playing for something and good things sometimes happen when Brady is playing for something.

2. If AP plays I think i roll with him. Brown has the 2nd worst matchup you can have and I just do not trust Baker. plus Peterson is 1 of the few NFL players that play for not only pride but for the numbers. he will want as many carries as he can get if healthy enough. but, keep your eye on him during the week and if he does not play I would start Baker just because he has had to solid games ina row and has better matchup that Brown.

3. I don't like either TE going into the game but if I have to choose 1 I would go with Gates just because he has been here so many times in his career. If Griffin from Houston was out there I would play him over either.

4. If Rodgers plays I would start Jones and feel good about it. if not I think I would take my chances with Patterson. he has a great matchup and the team is doing what they can to get the ball in his hands.

1. You never know how long they leave Luck in as the game is meaningless.I would roll with Brady . he is playing for something and good things sometimes happen when Brady is playing for something.

2. If AP plays I think i roll with him. Brown has the 2nd worst matchup you can have and I just do not trust Baker. plus Peterson is 1 of the few NFL players that play for not only pride but for the numbers. he will want as many carries as he can get if healthy enough. but, keep your eye on him during the week and if he does not play I would start Baker just because he has had to solid games ina row and has better matchup that Brown.

3. I don't like either TE going into the game but if I have to choose 1 I would go with Gates just because he has been here so many times in his career. If Griffin from Houston was out there I would play him over either.

4. If Rodgers plays I would start Jones and feel good about it. if not I think I would take my chances with Patterson. he has a great matchup and the team is doing what they can to get the ball in his hands.

Does Andre Brown really have that bad a matchup? I thought the Redskins were pretty generous to opposing running backs :thinking:

Oh, and Ryan Griffin is still available on the WW.

Since this is one of the few forum posts getting replies, I would like to ask for some advice. I need all the help I can get, I am playing in a John Clayton ESPN league and am in the championship game for $5K.

Here are my questions:

Jay Cutler or Aaron Rodgers

Pick two:

Demarco Murray

Knile Davis

Giovani Bernard

Edwin Baker

Which Kicker:

Justin Tucker

Alex Henery

I appreciate any advice you all are willing to offer.

Does Andre Brown really have that bad a matchup? I thought the Redskins were pretty generous to opposing running backs :thinking:

Oh, and Ryan Griffin is still available on the WW.

Good catch Zeus. the Redskins are horrible against the run. not sure where I got lost on that 1 but appreciate the catch and apologize for the bad advice on that 1 as I would lock and load Brown as I believe he has passed his concussio protocol.

Since this is one of the few forum posts getting replies, I would like to ask for some advice. I need all the help I can get, I am playing in a John Clayton ESPN league and am in the championship game for $5K.

Here are my questions:

Jay Cutler or Aaron Rodgers

Pick two:

Demarco Murray

Knile Davis

Giovani Bernard

Edwin Baker

Which Kicker:

Justin Tucker

Alex Henery

I appreciate any advice you all are willing to offer.

QB is tough as I feel Cutler has the easier matchup and Aaron Rodgers has not played in a while. if not for last weeks Philly game I would probably recommend Cutler. but Rodgers is beast and if he is ready to go I think I roll with him.

Out of your RB's Murray is the easy choice (although not sure how easy it is gonna be with the defense stacking on him). the 2nd I would go Davis. Reid has made every back he has ever played with look better than they are. don't see it stopping now and since I expect Davis to get 20 touches I would roll him out as the number 2.

Bernard is also a intriguing matchup just don't see the upside of Davis there as Gio and Green-Ellis kill each other off.

At kicker I think I would go Henery. he has friendlier confines to kick in and a better matchup.

Good catch Zeus. the Redskins are horrible against the run. not sure where I got lost on that 1 but appreciate the catch and apologize for the bad advice on that 1 as I would lock and load Brown as I believe he has passed his concussio protocol.

Haha alllll good. After 98 pages of posts, not sure how you keep it straight to begin with...

Would you drop Pitta for Ryan Griffin?

Haha alllll good. After 98 pages of posts, not sure how you keep it straight to begin with...

Would you drop Pitta for Ryan Griffin?

LOL. yeah sometimes it is crazy bcause I change my views as the week goes along many times so by the end of the week sometimes you will find I have flip flopped.

Then you have the occasional mistake I make (this 1 was not the 1st caught). I am crazy hyper so my mind is all over the place sometimes.don't know what I was thinking with Brown's matchup.

As far as TE Griffin has a nice matchup against Tennessee and has been producing his last 2 games while Pitta has not been producing and faces a Cinci defense that will be trying to hurt him. I like Griffin pretty much becuse of the matchup difference.

EDIT: and yes I would drop Pitta for Griffin

Edited by HighKite

Picked up Starks and will play him if lacy is out, but if not I have C Ivory but could pick up KN Davis

C Ivory # Miami their weakness son de is against the run, but Ivory rarely scores.

Davis is a big unknown.

Thoughts

This is tough 1 for me as I expect both to produce this week. as you said Davis is a unknown and he won't be the ony 2nd stringer out there with him so that is a worry I just believe Reids schemes will still make him a good fantasy play. on the other hand you make a good point about Ivory not scoring. I just expect him to see another 20 carry game against a defense you can run against.

I right now go Davis. I just think his upside is way higher with only a slightly lower downside.

HighKite,

Now that it's likely that Vereen is inactive, I am reconsidering my choices for Flex in a non PPR:

Chris Ivory @ Miami

LeGarette Blount vs Bills

Knile Davis @ San Diego

Tony Gonzalez vs Panthers

also... I hate asking about kickers because it's such a royal crap shoot, but what are your thoughts on the following for this week:

Bironas vs Texans

Nugent vs Ravens

Folk @ Miami

Tucker @ Cincinnati

Carpenter @ NE

Feely vs 49ers

HighKite,

Now that it's likely that Vereen is inactive, I am reconsidering my choices for Flex in a non PPR:

Chris Ivory @ Miami

LeGarette Blount vs Bills

Knile Davis @ San Diego

Tony Gonzalez vs Panthers

also... I hate asking about kickers because it's such a royal crap shoot, but what are your thoughts on the following for this week:

Bironas vs Texans

Nugent vs Ravens

Folk @ Miami

Tucker @ Cincinnati

Carpenter @ NE

Feely vs 49ers

I would go with Davis. alot of upside there although I do like Ivory this week as well. just think he has less downside.

At kicker I personally like Folk. the Jets have a hard time getting into the endzone and it believe it will lead to some FG's. the Dolphin D can be ran on also which is basicly all the Jets can do so it has the makings of a kicker game.

Who to sit? Eric Decker, Ashlon Jeffrey, Antonio Brown, and Josh Gordon. Got to sit one.

Also, need two of 4 RBs. Joique Bell, Alfred Morris, Edwin Baker, Knile Davis

I think I sit Antonio Brown. he has Haden on him which IMO caps his upside. I think he will be solid but I think all your WR's will be solid. I just think the rest have more upside.

At RB I I would go with Morris and Davis. I think Charles is in long enough to get 2000 total yards(just my guess and he needs like 30) and then Davis is in the rest. Reid makes every RB look good so I don't see anything being different with Davis.

Hey Highkite, I'm in the final championship espn standard! I need some help for this last lineup.

Qb Ben Rothelisberger

rb D. Murray

rb F jax

wr aj green

wr v jax

te ??

Flex ??

Def Cardinals

k Kaeding

For Tight end I have J. Cameron but he has a concussion and he is questionable. My backup Tight end is Zach ertz but he is a complete hit or miss and I can't trust him. Analysts are saying that Cameron will probably not play so I am thinking of getting Meyers (NYG) or B. Celek off the waivers. What would you do?

For flex I have either Mendenhall, T. Smith, and Cobb. All of these guys are toss ups honestly. Mendenhall goes up against San fran D, T.smith has an injured J. Flacco throwing against the Cincy D and Cobb might not even play,... but the team I play against might play A.Rodgers... I have no idea where to go from here.

Defense I'm playing the Cards D over Chiefs D, how does that sound?

Thanks HighKite!!

Hey Highkite, I'm in the final championship espn standard! I need some help for this last lineup.

Qb Ben Rothelisberger

rb D. Murray

rb F jax

wr aj green

wr v jax

te ??

Flex ??

Def Cardinals

k Kaeding

For Tight end I have J. Cameron but he has a concussion and he is questionable. My backup Tight end is Zach ertz but he is a complete hit or miss and I can't trust him. Analysts are saying that Cameron will probably not play so I am thinking of getting Meyers (NYG) or B. Celek off the waivers. What would you do?

For flex I have either Mendenhall, T. Smith, and Cobb. All of these guys are toss ups honestly. Mendenhall goes up against San fran D, T.smith has an injured J. Flacco throwing against the Cincy D and Cobb might not even play,... but the team I play against might play A.Rodgers... I have no idea where to go from here.

Defense I'm playing the Cards D over Chiefs D, how does that sound?

Thanks HighKite!!

At TE my worry with Celek is Ertz. they are both capping the upside of each other.Celek has a great matchup..but so does Ertz. Myers has been OK but you get no upside from him. If I have to pick between the 2 I would go Celek.If Ryan Griffin was on the waiver wire I would pick him up and start him myself. I feel you get more consistancy with him and get more upside.

At WR, did anyone pick up Jernigan or give up on Andre Caldwell this week? if so I think they have a good week and I would start either over any of them. shame you cannot start Smith but he has uncertainties everywhere.bad matchup, QB hurt, and hes hurt.

At defense I would also start the Cards. the Chiefs will end up benching more and more players as the day goes along.

You are Welcome Clutch. hope you crack heads brother.

Pretty sure the answer to this question is NO, but I'll ask anyway -

I'm currently 28 points in front of my opponent, but he's favored is week by 23.

His player with the biggest upside is Josh Gordon. Should I consider starting Jason Campbell to reduce the amount of damage Gordon can do to me? Standard scoring, not PPR.

My current QB is Cousins.

Thanks!

Pretty sure the answer to this question is NO, but I'll ask anyway -

I'm currently 28 points in front of my opponent, but he's favored is week by 23.

His player with the biggest upside is Josh Gordon. Should I consider starting Jason Campbell to reduce the amount of damage Gordon can do to me? Standard scoring, not PPR.

My current QB is Cousins.

Thanks!

i would play the guy I think gets the most points. there has been cases where this is a good idea ( so far I have came across 1 so it is rare for me) but this circumstance calls for you to play the guy you think will do the best.

Funny thing is after looking at your matchups for your QB'S I think it is so close between Cousins and Campbell that you may be the 2nd case. both QB's have similar matchups to me but right Now if Gordon scores it only effects 1 team. if you use Campbell it affects you as well negating Gordons score a little. I would use Campbell under these circumstances I believe. you are case number 2.

If I had the QB's with a little more of separation I would of stuck with the " use the guy who you think is gonna score the most points" schtick. but I don't.

I would use Campbell myself. at the same time I would be staring at my waiver wire before then. I would start Orton,Pryor or Cassell over either I think.

Appreciate the feedback. Picked up Campbell.

Ok. How about this - L Bell, R Bush, J Bell, K Davis - Which 3 would you start? I'm leaning towards keeping K Davis on the bench. I think this could be one of those weeks where both R Bush and J Bell put up good numbers. L Bell should get plenty of work like always.

Thoughts?

At TE my worry with Celek is Ertz. they are both capping the upside of each other.Celek has a great matchup..but so does Ertz. Myers has been OK but you get no upside from him. If I have to pick between the 2 I would go Celek.If Ryan Griffin was on the waiver wire I would pick him up and start him myself. I feel you get more consistancy with him and get more upside.

At WR, did anyone pick up Jernigan or give up on Andre Caldwell this week? if so I think they have a good week and I would start either over any of them. shame you cannot start Smith but he has uncertainties everywhere.bad matchup, QB hurt, and hes hurt.

At defense I would also start the Cards. the Chiefs will end up benching more and more players as the day goes along.

You are Welcome Clutch. hope you crack heads brother.

Kendall wright and aaron dobson are available. Would they be better pick ups?

For my Te I picked up Fauria from the Lions...

Edited by Clutch Catastrophe

Got some tough calls this week - Non-PPR, Standard ESPN scoring

1. Aaron Rodgers or Jay Cutler (playing each other)

2. WR2 Options: Keenan Allen (vs KC), Julian Edelman (vs Buf), James Jones (@Chi)

3. Flex Options: CJ Spiller (@NE), Julius Thomas (@Oak), Gio Bernard (vs Bal), Julian Edelman (vs Buf)

Thanks

Appreciate the feedback. Picked up Campbell.

Ok. How about this - L Bell, R Bush, J Bell, K Davis - Which 3 would you start? I'm leaning towards keeping K Davis on the bench. I think this could be one of those weeks where both R Bush and J Bell put up good numbers. L Bell should get plenty of work like always.

Thoughts?

Yeah I would also go the L Bell and R Bush route and feel very good about it.

Kendall wright and aaron dobson are available. Would they be better pick ups?

For my Te I picked up Fauria from the Lions...

I like the 2 I said better. Dobson does have some upside, but the Bills are so horrible against the run I think the Patriots don't throw as much as usual which could limit targets to Dobson and others on the Patriots.Wright has the Texans which is about as hard as a matchup as your fantasy WR can get.just my opinion.