[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

McGahee to Play vs. Vikes

Swifter02

My guess is that McGahee's range for this week would realistically be anywhere between 4-9 points. He probably would only be a desperation FLEX play for this week in the deepest of leagues (like maybe in a 14 team league decimated with injuries).

Honestly, nobody expects him to do well even 5 weeks from now. McGahee is proven and has shown his reliability, it's just a matter of whether or not his age/injuries have caught up with him yet. The truth is, no one knows at this point.

Still, I wouldn't start him this week unless you have NO other option.

Seriously, who else is CLE going to give carries to? They're starting Hoyer at QB. You think they'll throw a bunch?

Wouldn't surprise me in the least to see McGahee get 12+ touches. He's a better bet than some other scrubs right now. And given CLE's D, it wouldn't shock me to see McGahee become a legit FF RB2. And I wouldn't rule out his outperforming what Richardson produced in CLE, but then I think Richardson is pretty overrated and McGahee is a pretty damned good RB when healthy.

• Like 1

Seriously, who else is CLE going to give carries to? They're starting Hoyer at QB. You think they'll throw a bunch?

Wouldn't surprise me in the least to see McGahee get 12+ touches. He's a better bet than some other scrubs right now. And given CLE's D, it wouldn't shock me to see McGahee become a legit FF RB2. And I wouldn't rule out his outperforming what Richardson produced in CLE, but then I think Richardson is pretty overrated and McGahee is a pretty damned good RB when healthy.

Oh I think you're completely accurate in saying that McGahee has proven to be a really productive back and still could be. I sure as heck hope he ends up producing well enough to become my RB2, but right now he's my RB4. He will have not played a down of football since last November or so when he takes the field on Sunday.

My current RB2 and RB3 are Murray and Miller, and right now I have no reason to insert McGahee into my starting lineup over either of them (flexing Tavon Austin over Miller anyway). I'm hoping he plays well enough in the coming weeks to consider starting him though.

Oh I think you're completely accurate in saying that McGahee has proven to be a really productive back and still could be. I sure as heck hope he ends up producing well enough to become my RB2, but right now he's my RB4. He will have not played a down of football since last November or so when he takes the field on Sunday.

My current RB2 and RB3 are Murray and Miller, and right now I have no reason to insert McGahee into my starting lineup over either of them (flexing Tavon Austin over Miller anyway). I'm hoping he plays well enough in the coming weeks to consider starting him though.

I'm not starting McGahee this weekend either, but that's because I think Ivory is going to go off on BUF.

But he's welcome depth and I'd seriously consider starting him over guys like Ingram, MJD, or even Miller if I started the season with guys like SJax and Vereen rostered.

According to this report (video in the link starting around 3 min) McGahee thought he was coming to Cleveland to play with Richardson, not replace him. Said he got the call then a friend told him TRich was traded, he called his agent and his agent didn't know that.

http://www.ohio.com/blogs/cleveland-browns/cleveland-browns-1.270107/video-browns-rb-willis-mcgahee-thought-he-d-be-playing-with-trent-richardson-not-replacing-him-1.430413

Also read somewhere that TRich found out he was traded from a friend who heard it on the news, not from the team.

http://www.ohio.com/news/top-stories/trent-richardson-trade-leaves-browns-trying-to-stay-upbeat-while-their-opponents-let-out-sighs-of-relief-1.430246?comments=n has this quote

Richardson said a friend called him Wednesday to alert him he had been traded and then he heard the news on the radio.

Stay classy Browns :bag:

According to this report (video in the link starting around 3 min) McGahee thought he was coming to Cleveland to play with Richardson, not replace him. Said he got the call then a friend told him TRich was traded, he called his agent and his agent didn't know that.

http://www.ohio.com/...g-him-1.430413

Also read somewhere that TRich found out he was traded from a friend who heard it on the news, not from the team.

http://www.ohio.com/...0246?comments=n has this quote

Richardson said a friend called him Wednesday to alert him he had been traded and then he heard the news on the radio.

Stay classy Browns :bag:

WOW lol