[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ppr your first pick?

Slugs3511

His ceiling in the passing game is actually higher on a consistebt basis with McCown

I am aware of that being this year...but overall Cutler has not thrown to the rb and McCown has looked to Forte more from what I have watched...Cutler is more about Marshall and then Jeffery...but he has hit Forte more than he ever has..I would not see that as a trend based on what he has done historically..

That's like saying Sproles is better than AP because Sproles catches more passes. Forte's overall productivity was higher with Cutler. Who cares who he catches more passes from? If Cutler is throwing more passes to WR's that net first downs and goal line situations, that can only help Forte.

That's like saying Sproles is better than AP because Sproles catches more passes. Forte's overall productivity was higher with Cutler. Who cares who he catches more passes from? If Cutler is throwing more passes to WR's that net first downs and goal line situations, that can only help Forte.

no...it's actually not like comparing Sproles with AP at all :lol:...

If you exclude the game where Cutler first got hurt and McCown came in he averaged a half a target more per game with McCown in to which I thought the difference was greater than that..

and my point was that McCown looks to Forte more as he has been known to focus on the wideouts but this is one of the few years if any that he has had a rb get this many looks..

I get it, you like McCown, but beyond that there isn't really much to point to that says that McCown is better for him. This was Trestman's offense, an offense that highlights the RB. It doesn't matter who their QB is, Forte will be an integral part of it and the passing game. The past and how much Cutler or any other QB does or doesn't throw to the RB has no bearing on anything...because it's about this offense and what drives it and that is lots of passes to the RB.

:lol: yeah I like McCown a whole lot :huh: ....after looking at the numbers Forte only averaged a half a target more with McCown but I thought the difference was much greater...

Cutler is a gunslinger and has left the rb hanging wide open many times because he wants to go down field...I don't follow one year even if it is the system..

I would have Forte ranked higher also if he were closer to 25 than 30 but we are only talking a few spots...I had him ranked higher than most people prior to this season...even though he started down a little...he creeped into my top 5 with Charles and McCoy...

Edit***

He slides up even a spot probably because he has not made the playoffs...he will have a full offseason..

Edited by Avernus

:lol: yeah I like McCown a whole lot :huh: ....after looking at the numbers Forte only averaged a half a target more with McCown but I thought the difference was much greater...

Cutler is a gunslinger and has left the rb hanging wide open many times because he wants to go down field...I don't follow one year even if it is the system..

I would have Forte ranked higher also if he were closer to 25 than 30 but we are only talking a few spots...I had him ranked higher than most people prior to this season...even though he started down a little...he creeped into my top 5 with Charles and McCoy...

Agree. Forte got looks early on this season from Cutler because the offense was still very new to them.

McCown is not a gunslinger and would therefore utlize Forte more.

I'm not saying MUCH more. But more.

I'm somewhat reluctant to pick Gordon as my #1 receiver as he is one drug bust away from a year suspension.

I am willing to take the risk there and hope that most people believe this....and I am not knocking it because I will have drafted a player in the late 2nd early 3rd who can be done for the year on any day....not just Sunday. .

but I am betting on him being mature enough to know what is at stake...

I am willing to take the risk there and hope that most people believe this....and I am not knocking it because I will have drafted a player in the late 2nd early 3rd who can be done for the year on any day....not just Sunday. .

but I am betting on him being mature enough to know what is at stake...

Late second or third-OK, but not 1st or early second-I'd agree. Let's hope Gordon is mature enough- only time will tell.