[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ppr your first pick?

Slugs3511

Depends on which number you wind up with. I expect Calvin Johnson (top 8), Jimmy Graham and AJ Green to go in the first round. I also expect "stud" RB's on bad teams to drop to the second round... lessons learned. Really depends on what changes are made to each team and how they draft the new players out of college.

WCOFF scoring had the top 12 consisting of QB's except for Charles (#3) and McCoy (#10). Josh Gordon was #17 overall with a circus of less than average QB's throwing to him, so that one will be interesting. The delta between the #3 QB (Stafford 338) vs. #13 Matt Ryan (299) was 39 points, so QB's really were deep this year. Peyton Manning was the king of the hill at 460 with Brees (#2) at 385. Who knows where Rodgers would have wound up if healthy? Stafford really choked at the end with <14 in weeks 14-16. Alshon Jeffery will be another one to watch, but depends on who is throwing to him. We'll see.

After the Super Bowl ends I am hoping to start working on my new player value model. I hope to have it finished by June/ early July for draft season. It will help value positions like the NFL draft pick value board. It will be up to people to plug in the player they have as RB1, RB2, RB15, WR1, WR5 etc

I skipped this year, COMPLETELY, and enjoyed the NFL like I haven't in a decade! If it matters, Dan Marino was my first ever player selected in Fantasy Football.

As to specific player in a PPR? Not sure. I would hope to draft bottom half and grab a couple of solid WRs. Trade down maybe if Im high?

When you have the likes of Ryan Mathews with as many 100 yard games as anyone, clearly RBs are not the dominating force as a whole that they used to be.

ETA: WOW. This was my 5000th post. Kind of a let down, huh? LOL

Edited by McBoog
  • Like 1

A lot can be said about the number of injuries and coaching this year in the NFL but one thing is for sure, if you want to win next year again, your preparation begins now......So, who would be your first pick in a ppr league next year?

Jamaal Charles

Jamaal Charles and it's not even close. He's caught 22 more passes than McCoy has this year, and Andy Reid isn't going to reduce that any time soon. If anything less of that offense will go through McCoy next year as they have great depth at the position and better targets in the passing game to spread it out to.

Charles

McCoy

Graham

Calvin

1. McCoy

2. Charles

3. Forte

4. Peterson

5. Megatron

6. Jimmy Graham

7. Lynch

8. AJ Green

9. Dez Bryant

10. Julio Jones

11. Demarco Murray

12. Eddie Lacy

off the top of my head without much thinking...there is my first round for a 12 team ppr next season.

I can't start this until after the superbowl and then again after schedules ....and then after the draft...or the other way around?...I forget..

it has been a long time since a RB has gone deep into the playoffs and came back to be a top RB...

I will do a top 10 in a ppr anyways for giggles anyways..

Charles

McCoy

Forte (only if McCown starts, otherwise he is around Lacy and Bell)

Megatron

Graham

Green

Gordon

Lacy

Peterson

Lynch (if he doesn't see the NFCC then I will bump him up to 6 or 7)

Interesting , is this from anylist of years past ?

If so how far back ?

I don't know what you just asked :lol:

edit: if this has to do with the playoffs comment I said ....it has more to do with averages...take the superbowl for example where you have Gore and Rice....Rice is falling apart while Gore has had a pretty decent year...

But on average it has always seemed like superbowl players usually come into the following season off....especially rbs...the wear and tear plus a possible superbowl hangover...this applies to NFCC or AFCC rbs as well...I like fresh legs at rb to which Lynch is very good but he has been healthy for far too long considering his physical style

Edited by Avernus

His ceiling in the passing game is actually higher on a consistebt basis with McCown

Thru 6 weeks with Cutler he was on pace for 90.56 catches. With McCown starting he extrapolated out to 83.20 catches. I didn't give the 2 catch game to either but that's the game Cutler got injured in and McCown played 67% of the game and both completions to Forte were from McCown. If you give that to McCown then it drops to 74.56...If you want to extrapolate the 2 catches over 60 minutes then he'd be at 3 and that would have made his pace 77.28. Edited by keggerz

I am aware of that being this year...but overall Cutler has not thrown to the rb and McCown has looked to Forte more from what I have watched...Cutler is more about Marshall and then Jeffery...but he has hit Forte more than he ever has..I would not see that as a trend based on what he has done historically..

I am aware of that being this year...but overall Cutler has not thrown to the rb and McCown has looked to Forte more from what I have watched...Cutler is more about Marshall and then Jeffery...but he has hit Forte more than he ever has..I would not see that as a trend based on what he has done historically..

It's a trend based on Trestman's offense.

Forte has done really well before and without Cutler...he has been a huge part of the offense but Cutler has been known to under-utilize his backs...

regardless I like his prospects better with McCown than Cutler...and I think that is coming..

I get it, you like McCown, but beyond that there isn't really much to point to that says that McCown is better for him. This was Trestman's offense, an offense that highlights the RB. It doesn't matter who their QB is, Forte will be an integral part of it and the passing game. The past and how much Cutler or any other QB does or doesn't throw to the RB has no bearing on anything...because it's about this offense and what drives it and that is lots of passes to the RB.