[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

2014 Huddlers' NFL Mock Draft - Commentary

irish

Welcome to all those who have offered up their time and effort to participate in this NFL Mock Draft, along with those wanting to follow along!! This should be a lot of fun watching fellow Huddlers play GM for their Homer and other teams. Please keep all comments in this thread only as the actual selections will be in the other Draft thread.

Thanks.

1.01 Bortles - In the end IMO this is the clear choice. Bortles has more upside than Bridgewater, who underwhelmed in his workouts and has questions about his more slightish build, while O'Brien reportedly loves the bigger, stronger Bortles and can coach him into greatness. Clowney's questionable attitude and the lack of need, along with the severe need at QB, mean he's not a serious consideration.

BeeR decided it was overwhelming to make both picks back to back right away. Need some time to let it settle between.

The Rams weren't prepared for the curveball just thrown at them, need to reset the board their entire mock prep had them taking Bortles

BTW, flemingd, did you see your new colors for the Brownies? Figured you were disappointed with the first go around that I'd try again.

I do demand that the Buffalo Bills name be as creatively expressed with blue and red as the Browns are with sh1t and lighter sh1t.

LMAO!

I do demand that the Buffalo Bills name be as creatively expressed with blue and red as the Browns are with sh1t and lighter sh1t.

Nice and pretty now.

• Like 1

Hey, I earned that creative text. Whining is hard work!

PS - pick 26 plox

Yes it is and has paid off yet again.

If the Rams hadn't re-signed Saffold and had so much coin tied up in him and Long, I'd have went with Robinson...but they've committed themselves to crossing their fingers and praying these guys stay healthy, and despite adding Austin are in serious need of play-makers, so IMO Watkins is the pick to make. If the OL stays healthy (and therefore Bradford, probably), this suddenly becomes a much better offfense and Steven Jackson will be sitting there going "you effing @#@$% why didn't you get guys like this when I was there" - there may still be able to nab a top OL (eg Lewan) later if they so desire, but there won't be a WR near this level by then, most likely.

BeeR decided it was overwhelming to make both picks back to back right away. Need some time to let it settle between.

Not entirely untrue. It was late and I was drunk - thought I'd keep the suspense going for a bit :drama:

lol. As I said, I'm in and out this weekend. Had plans first thing in the A.M.

And bite me.

;)

LoL! I see, so now it's my fault that I started it, you saw it and made only 1 of 2 picks which were back to back. :thinking:

:whack:;)

Browns are disappointed that both Bridgewater and Watkins are gone. The plan was Bridgewater all the way, and with the depth in this draft still get a very high quality WR later. Clowney is the best player in the draft, and it's a mistake to think he "doesn't fit a 3/4" - he's an impact player and those guys fit anywhere. I trust Ray Horton to do wonders with this guy. A trade down wouldn't be out of the question.

• Like 2

Look at all this progress with BeeR now all sobered up.

Browns are disappointed that both Bridgewater and Watkins are gone. The plan was Bridgewater all the way, and with the depth in this draft still get a very high quality WR later. Clowney is the best player in the draft, and it's a mistake to think he "doesn't fit a 3/4" - he's an impact player and those guys fit anywhere. I trust Ray Horton to do wonders with this guy. A trade down wouldn't be out of the question.

I think Horton is in Tennessee or something now...

I think Horton is in Tennessee or something now...

That's correct he is with the titans.