[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Cam Newton

Potman

Reports here from Charlotte, are that Cam missed practice Wednesday. This was his first regular season practice that he has ever missed. Reports are that he was still sore from throwing at Monday's practice. Should the Panthers sit Cam for game 1 and let him heal up? Seems like this is going to be an ongoing issue through the season unless he lets it fully heal now. Anyone not starting Cam this week because of his injury?

True, but we're talking about a QB who needs rushing production for his fantasy value. Rib injuries aren't conducive to that.

I hear ya on that. That is definitely where the risk lies - they may limit how much rushing he does. I think that it will all depend on game script. If CAR starts beating TB's ass early, they are just going to pound away with their 6 man RB platoon. If it is a close game, then they are going to do what is necessary to win, which is probably rely on Cam to save the day.

From what I'm hearing here in Charlotte is he will play, but he will be wearing protection for his rib and rumor is the coaches are asking him to stay in the pocket more this year.....after a couple close loses they will let him run! But still a gametime decision, risky!

Edited by dope man