[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ray Rice video inside the elevator . . .

CaptainHook

I don't care what she did. The NFL didn't suspend her for a year. I want to know why people (Goodell especially) think this video all of a sudden changes anything. We already knew he punched her. This video changes nothing.

My point was you said

"The fact they were both charged with assault has nothing to do with it."

And I was trying to point out that if she was charged with assault then there was some evidence or claim that she had hit him.

As for the video, it confirms what many (not everybody) believed happened, and was shocking/disturbing to many. Its like those commercials where they show the starving child in Africa, hoping it tugs at your heart and you'll donate. I agree that it doesn't basically change anything (if you already believed he hit her), but it causes a public outcry and that puts pressure on the team/league. Notice all his former teammates and other players speaking out now. Where were they before? Silent mostly, because they didn't believe or didn't feel compelled to speak.

I just hope the whole mess goes away and we can enjoy part of the 2014 season without it dominating things (along with the new drug policy and suspensions).

I don't care what she did. The NFL didn't suspend her for a year. I want to know why people (Goodell especially) think this video all of a sudden changes anything. We already knew he punched her. This video changes nothing.

What I think changed was public perception. And it snowballed from there. A lot of people probably thought something along the lines like "OK, he got a little rough with his wife... maybe slapped her and she fell and got knocked out. Heat of the moment, he 'fessed up and apologized, she took him back, they're trying to work it out." Then the video showed otherwise.

• Like 2