[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ray Rice video inside the elevator . . .

CaptainHook

Ray Rice just released per ESPN

Nothing on their site, except the words "New Rice Video Released".

Check that - it's on NFL.com that Ray Rice has been released.

"The running back's contract has been terminated, the team announced."

Edited by lennykravitz2004

As much as Ray Rice deserves a harsh punishment this is completey laughable. Ravens were completely okay with him hitting his fiancé until a video of him hitting his fiancé surfaced. What a bunch of hypocrites.

• Like 4

As much as Ray Rice deserves a harsh punishment this is completey laughable. Ravens were completely okay with him hitting his fiancé until a video of him hitting his fiancé surfaced. What a bunch of hypocrites.

The way most people seem to understand it is that there was a mild skirmish in which both of them were being violent. She then fell and hit her head on the handrail. Hense her being unconcious. Then Ray's wife (then fiance) gave statements to both the police and the NFL saying that She was the instigator, that she started it, and that she was also physical with him. In fact, they were both initialy charged with assault.

Then this video was released. Clearly she is the victim here. Clearly if she instigated the situation it was only with words. And no words from a woman warrent that kind of physical retaliation. He straight up left hooked her in the face. Twice. She either felt compelled to lie either because of love. money, or for whatever reason abused women always seem to lie about it... to protect their spouse.

The entity that failed here in my opinion was the local law enforcement agency that handled the case. They are the only ones besides the hotel that we know for a fact had this video. How does a guy get off with a slap on the wrist and some treatment with this kind of indisputible evendence.

Edited by Alphashado
  • Like 1

The way most people seem to understand it is that there was a mild skirmish in which both of them were being violent. She then fell and hit her head on the handrail. Hense her being unconcious. Then Ray's wife (then fiance) gave statements to both the police and the NFL saying that She was the instigator, that she started it, and that she was also physical with him. In fact, they were both initialy charged with assault.

Then this video was released. Clearly she is the victim here. Clearly if she instigated the situation it was only with words. And no words from a woman warrent that kind of physical retaliation. He straight up left hooked her in the face. Twice. She either felt compelled to lie either because of love. money, or for whatever reason abused women always seem to lie about it... to protect their spouse.

This makes sense. Apparently I was in the minority who thought he did exactly what was showed in the video.

I'm gonna call for a source on this. This was never my understanding of it. He punched her, we all knew that, it was heavily reported. The fact they were both charged with assault has nothing to do with it.

I'm gonna call for a source on this. This was never my understanding of it. He punched her, we all knew that, it was heavily reported. The fact they were both charged with assault has nothing to do with it.

Honestly I don't remember. There is no way I can mentally recall exactly who said what when I have read so many different versions of the same story. But I was watching ESPN all morning. I was the one that broke this story on this very forum at 9am this morning. Before it even hit the fan. But several analysts including the likes of Chris Mortenson and Adom Shefler all agree that the facts were fuzzy prior to the video. We saw the video of him dragging her unconcious body out of the elevator.

Then we got a press conference with both Ray and his Wife where she says that she started it. She also says that she was being physical with him. They were both charged with assault. Her charge was dropped and she dropped her charges on him.

It was generally accepted that they were hitting each other and it was the handrail of the elevator that knocked her out.

I'm only telling you what I have heard from several reporters throughout the day. I have no scource. I don't claim to be QFT.

So therefore both the Ravens and the NFL are claiming that they were misinformed because this video clearly sheds a new light on the story.

• Like 1

Well except for her to be charged with assault she would have had to hit him, or there be some evidence that she hit him. At the least I suppose he could have said "she hit me first." and police may have to charge her because of domestic violence laws. From the beginning I always wondered what really went on, what happened before he dragged her from the elevator.

Now this is going to be dissected a million ways, from sports talk to legal shows, to TMZ, to the View and every program in between. More will come out, most of it conjecture and speculation, with a few facts tossed in.

Interesting, seems one of the key sources of the claim that the NFL saw the video was Peter King who stretched the truth a little from what he was told

Basically he was told by a source he trusts that they guy assumed the people at NFL HQ and Ravens saw the elevator footage. King reported that as a fact, didn't verify it, or report exactly what he was told.

http://deadspin.com/has-peter-king-read-his-own-reporting-on-the-ray-rice-f-1631901579

Well except for her to be charged with assault she would have had to hit him, or there be some evidence that she hit him. At the least I suppose he could have said "she hit me first." and police may have to charge her because of domestic violence laws. From the beginning I always wondered what really went on, what happened before he dragged her from the elevator.

Now this is going to be dissected a million ways, from sports talk to legal shows, to TMZ, to the View and every program in between. More will come out, most of it conjecture and speculation, with a few facts tossed in.

I don't care what she did. The NFL didn't suspend her for a year. I want to know why people (Goodell especially) think this video all of a sudden changes anything. We already knew he punched her. This video changes nothing.

• Like 2