[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Is Sproles a MUST start now in PPR formats?

robert terni

Sproles fills a role that not every team has... a smaller quick RB to catch screens. McCoy is ground and pound, but Sproles caught all 7 targets. He's the screen pass guy, so I'll ride the hot hand while the PPR hand is hot. He'll put up an average week now and then, but who doesn't?

Under the wire and in the same boat is Danny Woodhead. His stats were against the Seahawks when Mathews did play. Since I tanked RB this year, guys like these are gold... it's like your WR3 scoring 2 TD's. Next week, it's Woodhead's turn.

Edited by Thews40

Sproles is a perfect Flex player in any league with a flex. Chip Kelly is going to facilitate is talents. He will keep getting him the ball in space against defenses that are worn down from the no huddle offense. He won't touch the ball 20+ times like a "bell cow" RB. That is McCoy's job. But they will give him plenty of opportunities and this is a guy that can take it to the house every time he touches the ball.

I suspect this will be a career year for Sproles.

Of course. But I'd like to see a lineup where someone could bench him this week. 8 or maybe 10 teamer I guess but ...damn, guy looks great in that O. That long one yesterday he looked like he was shot out of a freakin cannon

12 team league, no PPR, start 2 RB, no flex

Owner benched him the first week, then started him in place of AP in week 2.( This week he's swapped Sproles our for Khiry Robinson (alongside Bernard, AP suspended, his only other RB is MJD). That could change by game time.

I'd be starting Sproles every week for sure, but then I don't have much at RB (Chris Johnson, Gerhart, JSTEW and a bunch of scrubs).