[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Montee Ball?!?!

GoldenEagle81

M Ball > A Ellington, yes?

Both are "available" from same owner, who will be forced to lose one due to simultaneous bye weeks; he's last on waiver list this week, so no chance of him getting anyone decent. Should be able to offer F Jackson or C Ivory successfully

M Ball > A Ellington, yes?

Both are "available" from same owner, who will be forced to lose one due to simultaneous bye weeks; he's last on waiver list this week, so no chance of him getting anyone decent. Should be able to offer F Jackson or C Ivory successfully

Say what? He could also just not start a RB and keep both his RBs.

Say what? He could also just not start a RB and keep both his RBs.

I suppose he could go that route...let's hope he's not keen on tanking a week on purpose

I said it earlier in this thread, and I'll say it again.....the biggest concern for me would be the fact that Ball was not part of the crunchtime series at the end of the Seattle game. When I try to assess where a RB sits with the coaching staff, their usage in high leverage situations is often the most revealing thing. It could have been a simple matter of Hillman fitting better in the 2 minute drill, or it could be something more telling.

I said it earlier in this thread, and I'll say it again.....the biggest concern for me would be the fact that Ball was not part of the crunchtime series at the end of the Seattle game. When I try to assess where a RB sits with the coaching staff, their usage in high leverage situations is often the most revealing thing. It could have been a simple matter of Hillman fitting better in the 2 minute drill, or it could be something more telling.

Between Hillman and CJ Anderson, I would be most concerned with Anderson taking snaps from Ball. As an SDSU alum, I have always pulled for Hillman to do well but he just isn't that good at the NFL level. Nothing to see here.

Edited by hardway

The problem with buying low is most of his owners know this as well. Just as Eddie Lacy owners (I'm one of them) - I'm not dumb. I know what he's worth, and I know he's a buy low candidate. I've been getting some pretty ishtty offers for him - just as the Ball owner is. He actually put a post on the league message board that says "I have M Ball. I am not giving him away - stop with the scrubs for studs offers."

Edited by Shorttynaz
  • Like 2

Between Hillman and CJ Anderson, I would be most concerned with Anderson taking snaps from Ball. As an SDSU alum, I have always pulled for Hillman to do well but he just isn't that good at the NFL level. Nothing to see here.

I think this is exactly what's helping Ball - the Broncos don't have great alternatives. If they did, I'd be really really concerned as a Ball owner

• Like 1

I think this is exactly what's helping Ball - the Broncos don't have great alternatives. If they did, I'd be really really concerned as a Ball owner

I am a Ball owner and I agree.

This guy's upside is all about situation, but that has turned out plenty of good fantasy seasons before. I think if Denver's line can get their crap together in run blocking, Ball will still produce satisfactorily this year.

Edited by hardway

Not every Ball owner FF wide feels the same and there are some that have already thrown in towel on him and some that wont give up on him ever. Can't buy low on him in every league but there are some leagues where it is a possibility. Especially ones that have short benches

Already grabbed juwan thompson in my 16-man league. Shoe's about to drop if you believe the Denver radio...through camp and going into the bye week.

Fully displace? Not immediately. But ahead of CJ Anderson and Hillman....very likely. Good blocker, hits the hole fast, and is the "thunder" type of back to compliment ball. Juwan had no business making this team, but he makes plays every opportunity and "forced" Denver to keep him rostered. Ball was given the keys, but they are not deeply invested in him either. As a (heavy) ball owner and bronco fan: hedge your bets on deep rosters imo.

Edited by ChampSampson

Not every Ball owner FF wide feels the same and there are some that have already thrown in towel on him and some that wont give up on him ever. Can't buy low on him in every league but there are some leagues where it is a possibility. Especially ones that have short benches

Hard to think he won't produce as the season goes on, but some can't wait for the production.

I agree about buying low, schedule softens up soon so go get him.

Depends on what you mean by soon. The next 4 games are against some pretty decent run defenses:

Cardinals

@NY Jets

49ers

Chargers

It definitely softens up after that. He might be a buy low guy now, but in a couple of weeks, he could be going even lower. I'm not touching him... yet.

Depends on what you mean by soon. The next 4 games are against some pretty decent run defenses:

Cardinals

@NY Jets

49ers

Chargers

It definitely softens up after that. He might be a buy low guy now, but in a couple of weeks, he could be going even lower. I'm not touching him... yet.

Underestimated how good the 49ers run D had been so far but Chargers are in the top 10 in pts given up to opposing RBs. Long term his schedule is great though yeah as after those four only the Benglas would be a concern.

Underestimated how good the 49ers run D had been so far but Chargers are in the top 10 in pts given up to opposing RBs. Long term his schedule is great though yeah as after those four only the Benglas would be a concern.

Yeah, the Chargers are kind of odd. The run D is actually pretty good, but they've given up a passing TD to a RB in every game so far. Not sure if this is a fluke or what - they haven't given up a ton of passing yards to RBs until FJax last week with 8/78.

Hard to think he won't produce as the season goes on, but some can't wait for the production.

What makes you so certain he will produce? It's not like he has a long track record - what you're essentially banking on is continued opportunity, and in the NFL that can be a fleeting thing. There's always the possibility that someone else on the roster gets a shot and runs with it - we saw it last year when Moreno ran away with the job after starting as a the clear #3 in the pecking order.

What makes you so certain he will produce? It's not like he has a long track record - what you're essentially banking on is continued opportunity, and in the NFL that can be a fleeting thing. There's always the possibility that someone else on the roster gets a shot and runs with it - we saw it last year when Moreno ran away with the job after starting as a the clear #3 in the pecking order.

Agreed. Tough comparison due to the offenses being so much better, but look at trent Richardson or spiller last year. Holding out hope they'd turn it around probably resulted in you finishing near the bottom.

Agreed. Tough comparison due to the offenses being so much better, but look at trent Richardson or spiller last year. Holding out hope they'd turn it around probably resulted in you finishing near the bottom.

Both TRich and Spiller had other RB's on their teams putting up solid #'s when given the chance, all Denver RB's get fed their mouth pieces at the line of scrimmage. Ball is getting what's there so far this season.

And to Nelosi, I am not so certain that he turns it around, I just think it's likely that he does. Especially with Welker back and more pressure on the defense to defend the intermediate passing game. I think it's likely that the line is putting in serious work on the run blocking during their bye as well.

Edited by hardway
  • Like 1

I'm a Ball owner and I really hop Denver figures out the run blocking. I've watched 2 of Denver's 3 games, and what worries me the most is Ball looks slow with no burst of speed.

I think it takes Ball a few steps to get up to speed. I've seen the same thing you are seeing, but I think if there were actual lanes to run in, he'd be better. Last year, and at Wisconsin, he looked to have a lot more burst but I think he just had some room to get up to speed.

Now I feel like a big Ball defender. As a Ball owner (taken at the end of the first round no less), I am as concerned as anyone. I'm just not ready to cut bait on the guy yet because the blocking has been so bad.

Edited by hardway
  • Like 1

I've been offered Joique Bell for Ball straight up. :rofl:

Not sure what's worse, that offer or the Victor Cruz/Gerhart for my Calvin/Lattimer. :tdown:

Please...I was just offered Crabtree and Royal for Demaryius and Garçon because "Demaryius sucks and Garçon is the #2 in Washington"......really?

• Like 1