[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What a strange year for scoring ( at least in my league )

Papa Deuce

This has absolutely been the strangest year yet for scoring in my league.

McCoy and Forte and 25th and 26th in RB scoring ( I know Forte plays tonight )

Brady and Newton are 27th and 28 in QB scoring

Derrick Carr is above them, as is the guy is St. Louis. What!!!!??? LOL

I have 3 of the top 5 scoring wideouts....

Julio, Maclin, and Calvin, but Calvin has really only had 1 good week. But Maclin? I certainly wasn't expecting that, and I am an Eagles fan.

Ahmad Bradshaw, who was my last RB picked, in around round 18 is 7th in RB scoring ( which is good for me since I had Peterson )..... but really, I only took him as he seemed like the best back left on the board, and not really anybody I cared about.

Now, our league is VERY TD based, and TD yardage based, but still......

Any of you have any really crazy scoring anomalies in your league(s)?

Was just thinking the same thing reading the thread about Montee Ball not scoring enough. Many players in the top of scoring after 3 weeks that were not expected, and many that should be there who aren't.

I have been pleased with Cutler and should be trying to trade either him or Rivers to a team in need of a QB. (Problem is most have a good one, or one they think will be better than these guys.)

Add the crazy rash of injuries and suspensions to some wild scheduling, some really bad teams and some really stout defenses, RBBC, etc, mix together, and you have a recipe for some whacky FFL lineups though these bye weeks.

Nutty year.

Kirk cousins is the most phenomenal fantasy football player of all time in my league. Played 2 games and leads the QBs

Curious what scoring system results in him leading all QBs? He's 12th in my league, pretty nice with only 2 games (cutler is 7th and hasn't played yet either.

He's got 677 yard, 5TD, 1INT Luck leads our league with 912 yards, 9TD, 3INT. Manning is 2nd with 814/8/1.

Ryan Fitzpatrick (FA in our league) has as many points as Cousins (634/4/3 also has some rushing yards +TD).

Edited by stevegrab

Curious what scoring system results in him leading all QBs? He's 12th in my league, pretty nice with only 2 games (cutler is 7th and hasn't played yet either.

He's got 677 yard, 5TD, 1INT Luck leads our league with 912 yards, 9TD, 3INT. Manning is 2nd with 814/8/1.

Ryan Fitzpatrick (FA in our league) has as many points as Cousins (634/4/3 also has some rushing yards +TD).

This from one of his threads:

Yeah it's an awful scoring system my mates insit on that blows QBs way out of proportion of the other positions. Each week the win or loss is based on which QB did better. They get 1 pt for just their attempts, than 2 pts for completions.

There also might be some additional QB-blowing bonuses that he didn't talk about - it wouldn't surprise me if there were, considering they award full points for simple pass attempts :shrug:

This from one of his threads:

There also might be some additional QB-blowing bonuses that he didn't talk about - it wouldn't surprise me if there were, considering they award full points for simple pass attempts :shrug:

Yeah I did remember something about those points for attempts/completions, but even then Luck/Manning had way more.

Just goes to show you, that strange scoring rules can really skew player values from what othes consider normal.

Yeah I did remember something about those points for attempts/completions, but even then Luck/Manning had way more.

Just goes to show you, that strange scoring rules can really skew player values from what othes consider normal.

Yup. The commish in my local has always been big on QBs, but decided to make them even more valuable by adding pretty hefty high-yardage bonuses, and decreasing the yards needed for a point. Going into this week, 14 of the top 20 overall scorers were QBs.