[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Started Cousins over Rodgers

Nostack

I contemplated starting him over Cutler, but then I heard something on the radio about a chance for bad weather in DC, coupled with the last time he played the Giants in the rain he was atrocious, and then I also figured Thursday night is usually a fantasy death trap, so I decided to roll with Cutler anyways even with the possibility that Marshall may not play. I just thought even after all the projections, etc. that Cutler was still a better play. We'll see.

And in another league, my opponent started Cousins over Kaepernick. He's not happy, but he still got 15+ out of him so it wasn't a complete flop.

I don't care what any expert or ranking says, starting a guy who has more turnovers than TD's in his career over Aaron Rodgers is not smart. The TO to TD ratio is just one of the reasons why no one should have bought into Kirk Cousins as some automatic starting option. Should he be owned in every league, probably as he's worth considering as a starter. But to anoint him as a fantasy stud and wonder if you should start him over Aaron Rodgers? That's nuts.

I don't care what any expert or ranking says, starting a guy who has more turnovers than TD's in his career over Aaron Rodgers is not smart. The TO to TD ratio is just one of the reasons why no one should have bought into Kirk Cousins as some automatic starting option. Should he be owned in every league, probably as he's worth considering as a starter. But to anoint him as a fantasy stud and wonder if you should start him over Aaron Rodgers? That's nuts.

I love all the experts coming in here after the fact to blast. Rodgers this season? Not so hot. Going up against the ball hawking Bears. To me, if you had Cousins after his huge day, against a team he figured to have success against based on the matchup, you had to at least consider going for it. I personally have had a lot of success "riding the hot hand" during my fantasy career.

Last night it didn't work out, but if someone had started Eli instead of Rodgers I doubt the smug rear-view mirror crowd would have much to say this morning except the dude "got lucky."

Smart? Meh. What the hell is smart in this chaos? Get off your high horses.

• Like 5

If you are trying to argue that Kirk Cousins, a man who has started 5 games in his career with mixed results at best, was a better starting option than Aaron Rodgers I don't know what to say other than I wish I played in a league with people like you.

You can. I play the $350 FFPC leagues. Next year look me up and I will tell you which league to sign up for.

• Like 2

I would start him if I was able to get him off waivers but didn't got Donald Brown instead? I guess In my case, Big Ben til the end! But I definitely would have started him over Ben? But I'm so desperate for a QB, I'm hoping to grab Palmer off his bye week with a #5 waiver? How bad is that?

It looks like I got burned this week, however I don't mind taking the risk. Watching he game, it looked like he was rushing and forcing his throws. The turnovers were bad and snowballed as the game progressed. There's always a matchstick player that emerges during the season and I thought he could of been that player (He still might). What is fantasy football, 90% luck and 10% luck? In truth, most people pick up players off the waiver wire to solidify their bench. In all the leagues I play,int you only get points from your starters. So if i pick up a player during the year, I have every intention of playing them at some point.

It looks like I got burned this week, however I don't mind taking the risk. Watching he game, it looked like he was rushing and forcing his throws. The turnovers were bad and snowballed as the game progressed. There's always a matchstick player that emerges during the season and I thought he could of been that player (He still might). What is fantasy football, 90% luck and 10% luck? In truth, most people pick up players off the waiver wire to solidify their bench. In all the leagues I play,int you only get points from your starters. So if i pick up a player during the year, I have every intention of playing them at some point.

The matchstick player...starting to look like Donell might be the one.

'Skins o-line looked like absolute crap Thursday, and it's only going to get worse if Trent Williams misses any time w/his knee injury...gruden stated in his post-game presser that he never considered benching cousins, and that sometimes as part of the growing process, you just have to grind it out...hard knocks, I guess...lol

Having said that, some of those picks were 100% on cousins, as there really wasn't anyone even in the pocket...he just tried to force the ball into coverage, when there wasn't anyone open...I'll call it the "reverse RGIII hero syndrome"...lol...RGIII gets in trouble when, after his first progression no one is open, and he feels the need to run...looks like cousins was trying to carry the team on his back, and just made some very bad decisions...

Anyway, all I know is that was one of the ugliest games I've ever witnessed, and I've seen a few "stinkers" over the past 20+ years since the end of the Jjoe Gibbs 1" era...