[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Do you think someone actually started Eli?

IrishPride

Whatever you say Mr. Expert fantasy league guy. You won't get it so it not worth discussing it further. I guess every player you have on teams is in the top of their tiers, no 8-10 place players at QB, RB1 etc.

I guess it is imposible to convey my opinion on these boards without getting flamed and lambasted. I have never insulted anyone here, yet every other post I find myself responding to an insult. Very classy.

Now what I have been trying to say all along is that I won't ever start Eli again due to his incoinsistancy. I won't start him as a number 5 QB or a number 12 QB or a number 16 QB. Even if I need a QB for a bye week replacement, I would still use a guy that I feel has a consistant chance to give me 12 points over someone that can give me 24 or -2 on any given Sunday. Eli is pure boom or bust. Always has been and always will be. More so than any QB in the history of fantasy football. Go ahead and email any fantasy football expert and ask them which QB in the past 10 years has been the most inconsitant and see what they tell you. I model my strategy around consistancy first and upside second. And it works very well for me. Regardless of rankings.

Take a look at this article. Maybe you will then understand where I am coming from. http://www.4for4.com...ll-quarterbacks Note that Eli is at the bottom of the list.

Some people (myself included) focus their strategy around consistancy.

Eli is WILDY INCONSISTANT. This is why I won't start him. In any ranked position. That is just the way I play this game. You play it your way, I will play it mine. I never once suggested that anyone called him elite. I have simply stated that I will never start him and explained why I won't. And it has gotten me nothing but insults in return.

Now I am done posting on this thread. I will not be responding to the next childish attack on my personal character that I'm sure is coming. Good day.

Edited by Alphashado

Good article and you make some good points and explain your view better. I think many of us were taking your "I would never start Eli" as nobody should ever start Eli and obviously it is just your opinion and how you would run your team. Yes he can be inconsistent and that is not good but sometimes you have to choose between that or somebody who is just horrible.

Yeah, that is a different story Alp. If you are saying YOU would not start Eli because he is up and down, which BTW is not what I think you were saying prior to your last post...but I digress, then all good. That is obviously your own call for your team. But overall the point some of us are making is YES Eli is up and down. NO Eli is not a stud or a top 5 QB by a long shot. BUT in good matchups, which he has PLENTY of moving forward, he can be a solid QB and better than a lot of guys outside of those top 8-10 really good QB's.

I despise Eli for many reasons (I'm a Cowboys fan, I don't think he's worthy of two superbowls, he always has a dumb look on his face) but I was forced to start him on Fanday.com this week because I went heavy at other positions. I think his up and down nature makes him awful for a season long team but a great bargain on daily fantasy sites as long as he has a proper matchup, is on one of his hot streaks, etc.