[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Do you think someone actually started Eli?

IrishPride

Not sure why people think it would be so unlikely that Eli would be started on fantasy teams, he may not be top ten but he's hardly a bottom feeder and we have 6 teams on bye with at least 2 sure starting QBs (Peyton & Wilson).

Owner in our league started him, its his main QB (Tannehill backup) as he is rebuilding. Also the Donnell owner started him, but only because Julius Thomas is on bye. Those 2 teams played each other, the Eli owner also has Cruz and the Donnell owner has Alamo. The score is 45-37 (Eli owner leads).

While I was lucky to face the Cousins owner, who has Wilson on bye and RG3 as his other good QB. He also had Rashard Jennings who luckily didn't do much.

There will be many people starting Eli after last night's performance. Just like there were many people starting Cousins lastnight due to his performance last week. Eli might even have a few more good games. He has had plenty of good games in the past. But he can just as easily throw 5 interceptions on any given sunday. Lets not forget that this is the guy that had 18 TDs last year and 27, yes 27 Interceptions.

Its not surprising that he was started in a few leagues lastnight due to all the bye weeks, But this is what Eli does. He has a few good games, then just when you need him he will throw 5 interceptions. If you are tempted to use him as your starter now, I wish you luck. You will need it :)

Edited by Alphashado

That is way different than maybe a handful of QB's right...LOL.

If you don't have one of the top 6 or 7 guys, Eli is on the level with many of the rest. Not saying he is better. Not saying you can for sure count on him. All I am again saying is borderline top 10 or so his next 4 games.

Brady? Romo? Cousins? Stafford two straight down games. Dalton? Kaep? Cam? Ben?

Not saying he is better or worse than any of those guys. Just saying outside of the really top guys like Peyton, Brees, Rivers, Rodgers, Foles, Luck, maybe Stafford and Cutler and Ryan is Eli that much worse looking forward? To me I can see borderline top 10-12 the next 4 games.

• Like 1

There will be many people starting Eli after last night's performance. Just like there were many people starting Cousins lastnight due to his performance last week. Eli might even have a few more good games. He has had plenty of good games in the past. But he can just as easily throw 5 interceptions on any given sunday. Lets not forget that this is the guy that had 18 TDs last year and 27, yes 27 Interceptions.

Its not surprising that he was started in a few leagues lastnight due to all the bye weeks, But this is what Eli does. He has a few good games, then just when you need him he will throw 5 interceptions. If you are tempted to use him as your starter now, I wish you luck. You will need it :)

Don't know why he would throw 5 INTs, he's never done it before. [Edit] (my mistake, he has has done it once)

I like him in this new offense now that they had some time to gel. Eli has only once ever had back to back games with 70+completion %. That ended up as one of his best season with a passer rating of 93. I'm looking forward to this season and expect good things from him

Edited by Croe

I drafted Rg111 and Palmer in my main local. I dropped both of them and picked up Geno and Eli. Started Geno last week and was Meh so I gave Eli the nod last night .

• Like 1

He was dropped in one of mine. I really meant to pick him up yesterday (and maybe start), but had trouble deciding who to drop (Romo is my starter at the moment). Now I'm full of regret, he'll be long gone next WW period.

My brother in law in fact started him in our league. Texted ELIIIIIIII!!!!! to me during the game.

Kind of like Cousins...

Also, I wish I was that football in your profile pic :pickle:

I agree that with Eli's really soft schedule, he could easily ring top 15 QB stats this year. 5 TD's last night, maybe 3 picks next week, but he's going to have a lot of cherry matchups this year. Pretty handy to have if you have a non-stud QB facing a medium to tough match-up and Eli's going against DAL, PHI, IND, etc.

Don't know why he would throw 5 INTs, he's never done it before.

lol you Giant fans crack me up :)http://www.nydailyne...ticle-1.1548562

I'm not saying he is terrible. The man has 2 Super Bowl rings and deserves a certain amount of respect for that. I'm just saying that he is wildly inconsistant and he is one example of how being a good Football QB doesn't always translate into being a good Fantasy Football QB.

Edited by Alphashado

The only person cracking people up is you. For some reason you seem to think anyone in favor of Eli is saying he is a given stud now...NO ONE has said that. I have seen borderline top 10-12 QB. Top 15. Solid QB in a 2 QB league. That's what I have seen and 100% agree with.

You have turned that into Giant fans acting as if Eli is a given or great and we are all saying that and he will be a top 5 stud. You are the one off in magic land here.

• Like 1

lol you Giant fans crack me up :)http://www.nydailyne...ticle-1.1548562

I'm not saying he is terrible. The man has 2 Super Bowl rings and deserves a certain amount of respect for that. I'm just saying that he is wildly inconsistant and this is one example of how being a good Football QB doesn't always translate into being a good Fantasy Football QB.

Sorry was looking through pro-football-reference and missed it, my mistake. way to be a class act about it, though.

So he's done it once. its not like its the norm...hell...Peyton threw 6 in a game.

By your standards we should never say peyton is going to be good because he's bound to throw 6 INTs on any given Sunday.

My point was simply that I like the look of the offense...I like Eli's dedication and trust in the new system...he changed just about everything about the way he plays the game and, for the last two weeks at least, it looks like he is making it work for him. It is simpler...he no longer has to guess which option the WRs are going to make at the end of their routes, something many QBs are not very good at - Eli won two Super Bowls with it.

Eli may not be as good as say an Aaron Rogers but I think using the same type of west coast offense he ran will be good for Eli's confidence and stat line, especially in the upcoming weeks.

Edited by Croe

Look I said the man deserves respect. He has two rings. But he is a bad QB for fantasy. If you want to get all bent out of shape about it, then fine. I don't care. Start him every week and lose your season. Don't matter to me. I never said Eli sucked. Dunno why you guys are so bent. All I've said is that Eli has a very long resume of letting down fantasy owners. I've also said that he is a good Football QB and that doesn't always translate to fantasy.

Sorry that you can't handle even a mild amount of critisism for your QB

Edited by Alphashado

Look I said the man deserves respect. He has two rings. But he is a bad QB for fantasy. If you want to get all bent out of shape about it, then fine. I don't care. Start him every week and lose your season. Don't matter to me. I never said Eli sucked. Dunno why you guys are so bent. All I've said is that Eli has a very long resume of letting down fantasy owners. I've also said that he is a good Football QB and that doesn't always translate to fantasy.

Sorry that you can't handle even a mild amount of critisism for your QB

the fact is that I can't find any of these statements that you are now saying in your previous posts (oh I see it now, you edited your post). You are missing the point :whack: No one is saying to start him every week - funny thing is I can find those statements being said multiple times...I know I won't be starting him, I have Peyton...just that if one is struggling at QB, Eli has a soft schedule coming up and has looked good enough the past two games that he warrants consideration. Its funny how the Eli bashers think ever Giants fan think that Eli is the second coming, even when it is stated multiple times that is far from the truth.

Edited by Croe

If you guys haven't noticed, ELI prefers TE's? When he is without a pass catching TE, he throws int's because he forces passes to people? New Offense or not? Look at his stats and the starting TE's there is definitely a correlation? He is better than 50% of QB's starting now, which isn't great? But he's not an every week starter, he is a bye week and match up FF Quarterback? Nothing wrong with that, he's not his brother, Brees or Luck? But he's better than Big Ben who I have to start every week in FF! What gets lost in translation is the simple fact, FF is not and never will be real football? By that I mean we pick players based on match ups, strength of schedule, statistical analysis? For everyone that's played FF for awhile, its truly hard to be fan of a team? You become a fan of the game(NFL), remember its a game within a game. IMO

• Like 1

since 2009, Giant #1 TEs have averaged rougly 600 yards and 4.5 TDs. Each season only varries by about 50 or so yards in either directing and it is always 4 or 5 TDs. I don't see the correlation there.

2009 Kevin Boss 42-567-5, 2010; 2009 Eli 317-509, 4021 yards, 27 TDs, 14 INT, 93.1 Rating

2013 Brandon Meyers 47-533-4; 2013 Eli 317-551, 3818 yards, 18 TDs, 27 INT, 69.4 Rating

The big key2 were offensive line and Cruz and Nicks combined were huge drop offs from where they were.

This young O-line looks like they click with each other, Eli is getting the ball out of his hands lightning quick, something we are not used to at all. Donnell looks like the best Giant TE since Shockey, and if he keeps it up he will easily surpass anything Shockey ever did.

Edited by Croe

Passer rating and INT's is what I looked up, didn't brake it down to yards and TD's. I guess the comfort or security is what I meant?Pulled this from article in 2012, Last year, the Giants replaced Kevin Boss with Jake Ballard. This year, the Giants hope to find another big target over the middle for Eli Manning." His passer rating has steadily gone down and int's up since Boss left for Oakand, now as you mentioned O-line and Wr's also played a role but in my opinion he seems to be a better Qb if he's comfortable with his TE.

I agree...Not certain how many of those TEs had only one or two big games in those seasons it was just an example to show that I think there is a lot more to it. I remember When boss was there I liked the way Eli looked he would get targeted consistently and it helps pull one of the safeties down to cover the middle and gives some one a one-on-one opportunity to the outside with no one over the top. Eli, to his credit does pretty well against 1:1 coverage with no one to jump a route. After this week, Donnell will start pulling more attention, Cruz is already coming back around, would like to see Randle benefit from the Donnell attention. Add Jennings to the mix and I think the offense looks very balanced right now - something we haven't seen since 2007-2008 when Jacobs was averaging 20 touches, before that was Barber doing even better.

I almost had to laugh when they were talking about the change in the offense and how Eli would get rid of the ball so fast. "No way you are going to sack him, will be rare." they said. I was thinking are they kidding, wasn't this guy getting killed back there before?

They sure have done a job retooling the offense, sucked in preseason and the first game, but have been turning it around since then. I see a vastly improved outlook for Eli. He may be inconsistent, but he isn't going to be horrible like last year. His sack #s were way up as well (almost 40) compared to an average of about 25 per season over his years as a starter.

His fantasy rank amongst all QB (in my league).

2013 -24

2012 - 14

2011 - 8

2010 - 8

2009 - 10

2008 - 8

2007 - 10

2006 - 8

2005 - 6

2004 (rookie season started only 7 games)

Hmm top 10 all but twice, certainly worthy as a starter in those years. I wonder what alphashado thinks a QB needs to do to be a "good fantasy QB". Is that only the top 2, 5, ??? He's not elite, but this idea that is bad seems to be mostly based on the last couple of years or some issues with not being consistent enough.

So by your own list and your own scoring system, Eli has finished above #8 once out of the last 9 years in standard 10 team leagues. Gotcha. Or an even better perspective is that in the last 5 years, he has finished better than #9 in a 10 team league twice. And the last two years actually finished well outside of the realm of even being worth a roster spot in a 10 or even 12 team league. You have to keep in mind that we aren't talking about 32 teams here. The average league has 10 starting QBs. So we are talking about the top 10 or 12 only. Yes he is an above average NFL QB. But he is way way way below average in fantasy. And this isn't an NFL or a NYG forum. This is a fantasy football forum.

So I'm sorry, but yes that is bad. By your stats, Eli has been way below average in standard leagues in 8/9 years. Odds are that any poor bastard that had Eli on his roster for any of those years likely didn't even make the playoffs. Even if you loaded up with RBs and WRs early in your draft every year and got ELi late in the draft, you still got one of the statistically worst QB available in your league as a starter.. Those numbers just prove my point. Thank you for posting them.

And since you mentioned consistancy, yes that is very important. And Eli has consistantly finished 8th or lower in every standard league 8/9 years.

I make the playoffs almost every year in all of my leagues. 70% win rate since 2007. Not bragging, just saying that I am pretty good at this silly thing we do. And consistancy matters. He very well may have a fabulous year in this new system. But I follow the laws of consistancy and averages. I will pass on Eli.

Edited by Alphashado

clearFor fantasy how many QB's are hands down better Alp? List them.

Again the issue, that you don't seem to want to accept, is everyone except you seems to be honest on what Eli is. A borderline top 10-12 QB. Certainly top 15. Maybe a low end # 1 in a 12 team league. Certainly a starter in 2 QB 10 or 12 team leagues.

And in good matchups, like EVERY SINGLE ONE OF HIS NEXT 4 GAMES, he is a decent option. You can do much worse.

No one is saying elite. No one is saying top 5. At best I said borderline top 10 (in good matchups). So the only one who seems to be over the top here is you. Unless you think he isn't even a top 20 fantasy QB, and if you feel that way list the 20 that are better, then I am just not sure what you are saying. NO ONE is saying elite, top 5, or even top 10.

Edited by giantsfan
  • Like 1

Didn't read the entire 2 pages of this thread, but all I know is the guy who started him this week in my league has a 53-0 lead going into Sundays games...fortunate for him, his regular starting QB (the "other" Manning) is on bye this week...