[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Bortles & Bridgewater

tdybaz

I've seen (and feel the same) that Bortles reminds some of Andrew Luck... similar stature, arm strength, and ability to break off some runs even though he's a pocket QB.

However, I've read elsewhere someone comparing Bridgewater to Russell Wilson... again, similar stature, but they mentioned similar intelligence and methods of extending a play.

Curious to hear what you guys think of the Bridgewater/Wilson comparison, I don't follow college football as much so I'm still learning about him.

A player can look like another player without being that player.

I think Bridgewater has the instincts and has the highest floor of the QBs in this draft. Bortles is one of those where the competition level was a bit suspect so I'm concerned about him adjusting. Both are pretty talented, but most of the analysis I've read is that Bridgewater's strengths are best seen on the playing field, so when it comes to stopwatch and tape-measure stuff, he's going to suffer in comparison to a player like Bortles.

^Hit the nail on the head, Bridgewater was one of the top draft prospects this time last year because of what he was doing for Louisville, and then his draft stock suffered greatly after all the measurements and pro-day stuff. Ideally AP would have been there to ease the load on him and maximize Turner's system. Regardless, I think he is in a better situation than Bortles and is more prepared for the NFL because of his experience in a pro-style offense.

Bortles is somewhat of an unknown commodity compared to Bridgewater but could certainly become a great player if he shows the ability to learn the position because of his physical tools. He has some okay players around him and will obviously have every chance to learn from failure (the best way) playing for Jacksonville

Edited by TonyBromo

Thanks guys, appreciate the insight. I had picked up Bortles in my keeper league but I may drop him and pick up Bridgewater instead. It won't make or break my team, I'm starting Cam and there are other QBs.