[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Seattle's Defense

Shorttynaz

This is a thread specifically about Seattle's defense. Today they gave up 3 points to a 9-1 team. Last week your Colts team gave up 42 points at home.

Congrats.

apples to oranges dude. As hook said, the Cards were without two of their three best offensive weapons. Didn't know we were talking the Colts D though. Its no mystery they're not good. How's that come into play on a thread talking about Seattles D? NE would put up a lot of points against Seattles D too.. What's yer point?

NE would put up a lot of points against Seattles D too.. What's yer point?

I feel it's worthy to give Arizona a bit of credit..even in a Seattle D thread....this is Stanton's 4th or 5th game and now all the cool kids want to pretend Arizona sucks? That's fine..

I'd encourage you to take a hard look at the 8-12 data points for top tier QB performances (Manning, Rodgers, Brees, Brady) against Seattle's D over the last couple seasons.

Seattle's D had six different starters return from injury over the last 2 weeks. Today was the healthiest Seattle's D has been since week 1 and last years SB. Aaron Rodgers went 189 1TD and 1 INT in week 1. Manning did what he did last year in the SB.

I guess if I have a point, someone assuming NE would auto roll up 40+ points on Seattle is not really paying attention. :shrug:

• 2 weeks later...

fantasy wise as far as the op. Teams that drafted them got nothing for what seems like the 1st half of the season at least

Yes. Per the evolution of the season (and the thread) my contention was that the Seattle D getting healthier would equal better defensive performance.

Philly was averaging some 400+ yards per game at home and were held to 156 total yard today. Does this performance count?

Nope. Everyone knows Sanchez is a fraud and just not as good as Foles(despite all the earlier hype). He's nothing without a lead and a defensive TD or two. Likewise the Niners offense is horrible and the Cardinals were missing Palmer and Fitz. It has nothing to do with Wagner, Chancellor, Maxwell, and Lane returning and everything to do with who they've played. Next they get the awful Niners offense again but in Seattle, the Cardinals again without Palmer and Ellington, and the Rams for the last game of the regular season. That kind of schedule would give any team the number one defensive ranking in the league. They'd get lit up by an elite offense like the Packers, Broncos and Eagles(with Foles). :fishy:

True, but I did come not come on here to state delusional thoughts about my Steelers. Their defense is old and tired. The Seattle D has proven nothing to me so far against anyone worth two cents besides Peyton "psych's himself out vs good D's" Manning.

Fair enough. Seattle's D only dominates lesser teams and the highest rated offense of all time during the Superbowl.

This has been a great discussion.

What happened to your D in that other super bowl. Ohhhh...that is right...thanks for the ring!!!

If u are going to the past go all the way, otherwise I believe we were discussing this year

We were discussing this year. You brought up Peyton Manning last year in the SB. Not me, you did. Does your large forehead slope foreward or backward?

Fair enough. Seattle's D only dominates lesser teams and the highest rated offense of all time during the Superbowl.

This has been a great discussion.

Dominates lesser teams? Gave up 17pts and mustered just one sack against the Redskins in week 5 but I'm sure Hawks D owners will be pleased with the fact they dominated last years SB when the fantasy season was well and truly over.

They've certainly improved but if you drafted them then you'd probably given up hope before they turned it around or were stuck through some horrible scores.

They've certainly improved but if you drafted them then you'd probably given up hope before they turned it around or were stuck through some horrible scores.

That's why us guys still starting them in high stakes FF are smart. And if you play in a league where team defense means so much...well it's 2014 and highly influential team defenses are pretty much outdated...if they aren't niche..in almost all leagues...Play Individual Defensive Players if Defense means so much.

I feel it's worthy to give Arizona a bit of credit..even in a Seattle D thread....this is Stanton's 4th or 5th game and now all the cool kids want to pretend Arizona sucks? That's fine..

I'd encourage you to take a hard look at the 8-12 data points for top tier QB performances (Manning, Rodgers, Brees, Brady) against Seattle's D over the last couple seasons.

Seattle's D had six different starters return from injury over the last 2 weeks. Today was the healthiest Seattle's D has been since week 1 and last years SB. Aaron Rodgers went 189 1TD and 1 INT in week 1. Manning did what he did last year in the SB.

I guess if I have a point, someone assuming NE would auto roll up 40+ points on Seattle is not really paying attention. :shrug:

Well you did bring it up here in this thread, so I included it as argument, but my point was the game Seattle played against the donkies this year.

I did however chuckle at your forehead remarks. My response would be to ask your mom she looks up up at it a lot.