[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Chris Matthews?

BrooklynKid

Doug Baldwin and Jimmy Graham will both get more targets. Russell Wilson has never produced one elite fantasy receiver. I don't see him producing 3 this year.

Wise words...I don't think Matthews had a catch up until the breakout SB game and now Graham will eat up targets and Lockett is competing for playing time. Matthews is a very deep sleeper in deep leagues.

Given that SEA was near the bottom (dead last, as I recall) in TE utilization last year I am not convinced that Graham will rate as highly as projected. Especially as SEA is a run first team in the first place.

I agree that Graham is typically being over-drafted, but he is going to take targets away from Seattle WRs this year relative to last year. Especially a long shot like Chris Matthews. Tony Moeaki was the most heavily utilized TE for Seattle in passing games last year, for several games.

They traded a lot and are paying a lot for him. Graham isn't a good blocking tight end. They must be planning on him being a focal point of their passing offense. Maybe previously they just hadn't had a tight end worthy of being an emphasis of the offense. Pete Carroll has always struck me as a coach who tailors his team to the strengths of his players. But I still don't think Graham will be a fantasy stud, even if he does lead the team in receptions.

given their other passing game weapons, I would imagine defenses will try to take Graham away as an opiton

given their other passing game weapons, I would imagine defenses will try to take Graham away as an opiton

Which probably makes someone like Doug Baldwin, or maybe Javon Kearse/Tyler Lockett, a good value as a WR4 injury bye week replacement type guy. Graham won't catch 100 passes, and probably won't catch 80, but he will likely get more targets than all of the Seattle TEs did combined last year. In Graham, Wilson has an established receiving target to throw to for the first time in his career.

Edited by Bobby Brown

Which probably makes someone like Doug Baldwin, or maybe Javon Kearse/Tyler Lockett, a good value as a WR4 injury bye week replacement type guy. Graham won't catch 100 passes, and probably won't catch 80, but he will likely get more targets than all of the Seattle TEs did combined last year. In Graham, Wilson has an established receiving target to throw to for the first time in his career.

agree
  • Like 1

Chris Matthews is big, fast, and made some great catches in the SB, and given the right circumstances, could be a very productive WR I believe. However, the SEA offense is not setup to allow that to happen. Also, he had a pretty rough looking injury in preseason. I'd love to see him succeed but I wouldn't bank on him being even a viable WR3 or WR4.

Also, he recovered the onside kick that got SEA into the SB to begin with. Awesome.

• Like 1

That should tell you how bad it is if he can't beat Javon Kearse. :unsure: