[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

In a ESPN league 1 division, which tiebreaker should I pick for playoffs?

PeasantFootball

Ok how does that work ESPN is confusing and their explanations make no sense.

Note that wherever 'Total Points Against' is indicated as a tiebreaker, the team with more points against is considered superior.

If Head-to-Head Record is selected, Total Points For, Intra Division Record (if your league has multiple divisions), and Total Points Against will be used as further tie breakers (in that order).

If Total Points For is selected, H2H Record, Intra Division Record (if your league has multiple divisions), and Total Points Against will be used as further tie breakers (in that order).

If Intra Division Record is selected, H2H Record, Total Points For, and Total Points Against will be used as further tie breakers (in that order).

If Total Points Against is selected, H2H Record, Total Points For, and Intra Division Record (if your league has multiple divisions) will be used as further tie breakers (in that order).

In all cases, a coin flip will resolve any teams that are tied after all other tiebreakers are used. Note that the League Manager can override any automatically generated playoff

In the beginning it says Total points against is considered superior... with that team that had more points scored against them (this seems stupid)

At the bottom Total points against they claim its h2h record then total points for. Isn't that a contradiction?

Ok so if I pick "points for" it will do h2h record first then total points against? I don't like the total points against part being after the h2h tiebreaker if I pick that

If Total Points For is selected, H2H Record, Intra Division Record (if your league has multiple divisions), and Total Points Against will be used as further tie breakers (in that order).

Or am I reading this wrong? I want points for to determine before points against feel me?

Thanks for the replies and help to

I would do those tiebreakers in this order:

1. Total Points For (the team that scored more should be considered the better team, after all, scoring points is the goal of the game)

2. Total Points against - and yes, ESPN has this right, We are not playing real football, so the team with more points against faced opponents when they likely scored above their average, so they compiled the same record while facing tougher competition.

3. H2H record - should always be last, it's pretty much meaningless in fantasy football. The only thing dumber is to use a division record to compare teams from different divisions.