[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Peyton Manning

AX2RUN

I have one of my teams where I (unfortunately) heavily invested in DEN players (i.e., Peyton, CJ, Hillman, and McManus), but yet the real team is 5 - 0, and my fake team is only 2 - 3 (go figure - I guess what I really need is the DEN DEF! LOL)...anyway, I'm ready to start dropping them, one-by-one, each week beginning with Peyton, then next week CJ, then the following week Hillman, unless/until I see some improvement in their #s, but based on some of the posts, above, I may just need to dump them all... :bash: I'll probably hold McManus, though...he seems to be the only one who can score in that offense!

Might even be safe to drop him. Denver's schedule only gets harder from here. And nobody is giving up anything of value for Peyton.

Btw I got hit with the Jordan Matthews disappointment too. I thought I stole him in the draft after he started the 1st 2 weeks with 20 points each. But now he's hardly even a decent flex play.

I could drop him but I won't, our league has a deep bench (9 start 9 bench) so I have the room. Plus it is a keeper league and you never know what may be for next year.

J. Matthews is a victim of the poor play of the PHI offense, I thought he was a decent keeper and the rest of season rankings (here and on another site) still have him in position to be a top 30 or so WR, easily a starter in my leauge with 3WR in the lineup. What kills me is I had him as one of my 5 keepers in this league, could have kept Fitzgerald of Landy, or Rivers as QB (which means I wouldn't have drafted Peyton in our 2nd round which looked like a steal).

PS I also have McManus and he's been a great difference at kicker.

So I think the last those defending Manning have just ran for the hills. We can say the pick 6 and 75 yard TD cancel each other out. So you can really say that he was of no benefit to this team AT ALL today. As a matter of fact if it wasn't for a ferocious defensive front that last pick would have been the game losing play. There were signs of a running game today so that excuse is not in play this week. The defense can't maintain this forever especially with teams like Green Bay, Indy, New England, and Cincy coming to town after the bye.

Like i said before, I can't see Manning being benched. But maybe they should consider giving Osweiler a few chances. Maybe a half or even just a quarter at the end to a game. Osweiler is a free agent at the end of this year and if theyre going to pay him to stay then i think that they should know what he looks like In a real game situation. And frankly, at this point the QB play certain cannot get any worse. These broncos have a championship caliber defense, but they need SOMETHING helping them on the offensive side otherwise this 6-0 start will mean nothing come December/January