[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Peyton Manning

AX2RUN

Now if only he could face Jamell Fleming every week...

:sad:

Well he won't have to face Houston every week either who was killing him. I didn't notice much of what Fleming was doing, but Peters was a beast most of the game, that kid can play.

I was very nervous early, and a bit relieved when he scored the first one, then started getting into more sync with the second and drives in the second half. He still looked off, bad throws, under or over thrown, fluttering balls, etc. I have to hope it was the pressure, him getting hit or rushed on some of the throws. He just didn't look right at times.

Will be interesting to see what balance they have going forward, and if Kubiak turns over control to him when its clear the running game won't work.

Well he won't have to face Houston every week either who was killing him. I didn't notice much of what Fleming was doing, but Peters was a beast most of the game, that kid can play.

I was very nervous early, and a bit relieved when he scored the first one, then started getting into more sync with the second and drives in the second half. He still looked off, bad throws, under or over thrown, fluttering balls, etc. I have to hope it was the pressure, him getting hit or rushed on some of the throws. He just didn't look right at times.

Will be interesting to see what balance they have going forward, and if Kubiak turns over control to him when its clear the running game won't work.

It was the pressure, he was on the ground after almost every play last night.

• 4 weeks later...

I didn't see the game today. I have started Peyton every week and this is the third game out of five he has put up 10 points or less. If I lose close this week this will be my second loss due to Manning alone. I think it may be a time to stick a fork in him and call him done. Cudos to him winning games but I need POINTS

Edit: Also losing potentially due to my poor choice/luck of playing Crabtree and Hankerson over Boldin and Duke Jr. I expect more points from my QB though

Edited by tylcook13

I still believe that Denver should've let Manning go and just roll with Osweiler. He may not be the answer, but he is at least as good as Manning right now. I don't understand why he continues to look for the TE even when he's covered. He's better off taking a chance with any other receiver. Uggg

I still believe that Denver should've let Manning go and just roll with Osweiler. He may not be the answer, but he is at least as good as Manning right now. I don't understand why he continues to look for the TE even when he's covered. He's better off taking a chance with any other receiver. Uggg

I'd have to agree. I was so sick with Manning after last year's playoff loss to the colts. I wanted him gone.

If Denver didnt have to pay Mannings salary then they could have kept Terrance Knighton AND perhaps Julius Thomas. As crazy as the Denver D is now, imagine it with potroast back in the mix.

Osweiler is no John Elway but he has shown that he has a great arm, he has some level of mobility, and he understands Kubiacks offense. That's 3/3 over Manning. And it's sad because once the defense gets exposed or suffers a key injury (and it will eventually) this season is a bust, because Peyton isn't winning any shootouts this year and they can't afford to bench a legend. Tough situation in Denver this year.

Edited by AX2RUN
  • Like 3

I probably would have lost either way but the paltry few points from Peyton sure aren't helping much. Going to be time for me to go with Eli, and possibly scout for another QB option.

I'm down 45 with Gates + Woodhead vs. nothing (no PPR), but if I had played Eli I'd only be down 22 and have a reasonable shot (10 points per player vs. 20).

If Denver didnt have to pay Mannings salary then they could have kept Terrance Knighton AND perhaps Julius Thomas. As crazy as the Denver D is now, imagine it with potroast back in the mix.

I know this is a Peyton Manning thread, and don't want to hijack it, but I do want to state for the record that I'm VERY happy with where Pot Roast landed... :yay:

Edited by the outlaw

who the hell is pot roast?

Terrance Knighton. He was arguably the best defensive lineman the Denver Broncos had the last 2 years. Nobody ran up the middle on him. And they let him walk.

If you want to see some crazy intense arguments about Manning, go check out the Mile High Report.

I am still in the pro-Manning camp. I honestly think Osweiller kinda sucks. IMO he is just another big armed dude that panics under pressure. I'd say he is a Cutler level talent AT BEST.

The only argument for Oz over PM that I can sort of get on board with is the whole 'Kubiak needs a functionally mobile QB to run his offense correctly' thing. Oz can scramble, sure, but he doesn't feel the pressure or anticipate where it will come from. Manning is actually making our garbage OL look way better than they are because he always feels the pressure and steps away from it.

The thing that is killing me about Manning right now is how he keeps on overthrowing Sanders. It seems like he is super afraid of throwing an interception on those shot plays and he isn't giving Manny a chance to catch it. I have seen about 2-3 of these overthrows in each game. If Manning just hits one of every three, his stat line would look a whole lot different.

For me, this still goes back to Kubiak and the OL not doing what it takes to let Manning be semi-comfortable in the pocket. He is getting hit non stop and it is (the really bad word)ing up his game.

If you want to see some crazy intense arguments about Manning, go check out the Mile High Report.

I am still in the pro-Manning camp. I honestly think Osweiller kinda sucks. IMO he is just another big armed dude that panics under pressure. I'd say he is a Cutler level talent AT BEST.

The only argument for Oz over PM that I can sort of get on board with is the whole 'Kubiak needs a functionally mobile QB to run his offense correctly' thing. Oz can scramble, sure, but he doesn't feel the pressure or anticipate where it will come from. Manning is actually making our garbage OL look way better than they are because he always feels the pressure and steps away from it.

The thing that is killing me about Manning right now is how he keeps on overthrowing Sanders. It seems like he is super afraid of throwing an interception on those shot plays and he isn't giving Manny a chance to catch it. I have seen about 2-3 of these overthrows in each game. If Manning just hits one of every three, his stat line would look a whole lot different.

For me, this still goes back to Kubiak and the OL not doing what it takes to let Manning be semi-comfortable in the pocket. He is getting hit non stop and it is smoochieing up his game.

No argument that the O'line is bad. Here's the thing though. Os actually throws a nice deep ball. Much more touch than Manning does these days. And Os can throw 2 picks per game just as well as anyone. Teams know that they can afford to cover one on one deep because he can't complete it. That 2nd pick took an hour to go about 40 yards. I alsmost caught it from my living room in NC because I had plenty of time to drive over and catch it!

I honestly think Osweiller kinda sucks. IMO he is just another big armed dude that panics under pressure. I'd say he is a Cutler level talent AT BEST.

This is EXACTLY what I said about him in a discussion with a few veteran huddlers days after I joined the site. I caught all sorts of hell for it too.

But the fact of the matter is with an elite defense all you need at QB is a game manager. If you have someone to get 1st downs here and there and not turn the ball over, couple that with a running game and defense and you can beat almost any team. Seattle proved that. Wilson's deficiencies were masked by beast mode and the best defense in the league up until now.

But like I said, they can't bench Peyton. At this point the only thing Denver can do is keep trying to establish a ground game and hope Peytons picks don't start costing him games.

Denver is screwed. They would not dare bench Peyton and he will NEVER bench himself. I am a fan of Osweiler and think he could do well with the talent this team has. And a great defense helps.

Manning has to call it quits after this year right? I mean he can't come back again? I do not know what his contract situation is but I am thinking he has to see the writing on the wall and if he get sout healthy this year, he can slide right into a game day set and make money there.

Of course, I am sure it is KILLING him that Eli has two Super Bowl/Super Bowl MVPs to his one.

This is EXACTLY what I said about him in a discussion with a few veteran huddlers days after I joined the site. I caught all sorts of hell for it too.

But the fact of the matter is with an elite defense all you need at QB is a game manager. If you have someone to get 1st downs here and there and not turn the ball over, couple that with a running game and defense and you can beat almost any team. Seattle proved that. Wilson's deficiencies were masked by beast mode and the best defense in the league up until now.

But like I said, they can't bench Peyton. At this point the only thing Denver can do is keep trying to establish a ground game and hope Peytons picks don't start costing him games.

You could be completely right about Osweiler. All I'm saying is that he is no worse at this point than Manning. I actually don't think he panics under pressure, I just think that he might actually figure it out given the opportunity. Otherwise, the oline is poor to average at best and they have no running game. Something has to change as the D can't win every game for them.

Unfortunately your right about Manning as well. He will never be benched so we are stuck with him.

I still find it interesting that he added a no trade clause to his new deal. I wonder why?

I don't care what Denver is doing, I have to bench him now. Cannot take these crappy games of his, 3 times in 5 weeks he fails to score double digits (6pt TD makes that really easy for a QB). He is one of my guys that has been underperforming and Eli is a suitable replacement (I think he's scored same or better each week).

Sadly I have no such guys to plug in for DT, Calvin and Jordan Matthews who have all been a dissapointment at one time, all 3 have major issues with their offense.

I don't care what Denver is doing, I have to bench him now. Cannot take these crappy games of his, 3 times in 5 weeks he fails to score double digits (6pt TD makes that really easy for a QB). He is one of my guys that has been underperforming and Eli is a suitable replacement (I think he's scored same or better each week).

Sadly I have no such guys to plug in for DT, Calvin and Jordan Matthews who have all been a dissapointment at one time, all 3 have major issues with their offense.

Might even be safe to drop him. Denver's schedule only gets harder from here. And nobody is giving up anything of value for Peyton.

Btw I got hit with the Jordan Matthews disappointment too. I thought I stole him in the draft after he started the 1st 2 weeks with 20 points each. But now he's hardly even a decent flex play.