[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Borderline Collusion?

Inziladun

This trade just went through in a league I'm in and ruffled a few feathers. I'm just curious what you guys think about this trade. It solidified the person receiving Julio Jones and Ameer as the clear NO.1 team in the league in my opinion, this guy has an 70-80% chance of winning at this point.

Devonta Freeman, Terrance Williams, Eifert FOR Julio Jones, Ameer Abdullah.

This trade just went through in a league I'm in and ruffled a few feathers. I'm just curious what you guys think about this trade. It solidified the person receiving Julio Jones and Ameer as the clear NO.1 team in the league in my opinion, this guy has an 70-80% chance of winning at this point.

Clearly if it improved one or both of their teams there must be collusion involved.

contrary to my post above, i just don't see it (collusion, that is)... :shrug:

I dunno, this just seems very imbalanced. Here's the teams after the trade if ya'll curious. Return Yards, PPR, Bonus

QB:Wilson

WR:Landry

WR:Julio Jones

RB: Adrian Peterson

RB:Arian Foster

TE:Graham

FLEX:Abdullah

BN: Jeremy Hill, Tyler Lockett, Travis Benjamin, C.J Spiller

QB: Rodgers

WR: Golden Tate

WR:Terrance WIlliams

RB: Sproles

RB: Freeman

TE: Lewis

Flex: Allen Robinson

Bench: Eddie Royal, Kaepernick, DeAngelo Williams, Eifert

The guy who is giving up Julio -- what does his team look like now?

• Was he in last place?
  • Was he desperate for a TE?
  • Is he loaded at WR?

Lopsided trades to not equal collusion; it is when two plays are in "cahoots" wherein one gives up players with no intention of winning or improving their team, to a player who still has a shot.

I think the guy giving up Julio is a big stoner. For all I know he traded him an ounce of Josh Gordon for it. I dunno, the trade just seemed suspicious to me. I'm not a detective nor the commissioner, I was just curious as to how everyone outside the league with no personal stakes thought about the trade itself. Just about everyone in the league is up in arms, and the commissioner is just putting his hands in the air saying "what am I supposed to do about it" which I respect, mind you.

Edited by Inziladun

The guy who is giving up Julio -- what does his team look like now?

• Was he in last place?
  • Was he desperate for a TE?
  • Is he loaded at WR?

Lopsided trades to not equal collusion; it is when two plays are in "cahoots" wherein one gives up players with no intention of winning or improving their team, to a player who still has a shot.

I posted the teams AFTER the trade right above your post, if you're curious. He was 6th place (12 man) weighing in at 2-1.

I dunno, this just seems very imbalanced. Here's the teams after the trade if ya'll curious. Return Yards, PPR, Bonus

QB:Wilson

WR:Landry

WR:Julio Jones

RB: Adrian Peterson

RB:Arian Foster

TE:Graham

FLEX:Abdullah

BN: Jeremy Hill, Tyler Lockett, Travis Benjamin, C.J Spiller

QB: Rodgers

WR: Golden Tate

WR:Terrance WIlliams

RB: Sproles

RB: Freeman

TE: Lewis

Flex: Allen Robinson

Bench: Eddie Royal, Kaepernick, DeAngelo Williams, Eifert

if you really want some fascinating reading, spend a few moments sifting through this thread and you'll get an idea of how the folks on this board feel about unbalanced trades and/or vetoes... :rofl:

http://forums.thehuddle.com/index.php?/topic/445541-vetoing-a-trade/

Lol, ya'll are funny. Semantics aside, this just seems like he could possibly be collusion is what I meant really. I read that thread you linked and I agree with everything said in it, in all honesty. Again just asking for opinions on the trade itself. Does it not seem imbalanced enough to the point to be fishy?

I think the guy giving up Julio is a big stoner. For all I know he traded him an ounce of Josh Gordon for it. I dunno, the trade just seemed suspicious to me. I'm not a detective nor the commissioner, I was just curious as to how everyone outside the league with no personal stakes thought about the trade itself. Just about everyone in the league is up in arms, and the commissioner is just putting his hands in the air saying "what am I supposed to do about it" which I respect, mind you.

Well if he actually got outside consideration (e.g., weed), then that's not allowed either. That said, people need to stop confusing collusion for simple stupidity.

• Like 2

Lol, ya'll are funny. Semantics aside, this just seems like he could possibly be collusion is what I meant really. I read that thread you linked and I agree with everything said in it, in all honesty. Again just asking for opinions on the trade itself. Does it not seem imbalanced enough to the point to be fishy?

Translation: You really had no reason to suspect collision as you had no evidence that collusion had occurred But when you saw that the top team in your league had improved his team (in your opinion) you were ready to accuse the owners of colluding and were ready to veto the trade.

• Like 1

i'll reiterate what i said above, i just don't see it...all 5 players do have some value...it's not like it's Julio for a kicker...lol

Translation: You really had no reason to suspect collision as you had no evidence that collusion had occurred But when you saw that the top team in your league had improved his team (in your opinion) you were ready to accuse the owners of colluding and were ready to veto the trade.

Rude, lol

you also have to consider the idea that someone might be trying to unload Julio because of his hamstring issues and that once he appeared fine, he unloaded him....

I remember the one year LT had turf toe issues and played through them......he had a bye and came off the bye with a crazy stat line....so I traded him for Andre Johnson and some RB who ended up killing it down the stretch....I believe AJ was having an off year too....but finished strong...

LT didn't do much of anything after that....

The owner who I made the trade with knew what he was doing, but I like to avoid RB's with turf toe and WR's with hammy issues....

what was my point?....oh, timing is everything and scared money don't win.....but this can also blow up in his face....as have many of my trades, but the ones you hit on can be pure money....

/brag