[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Is this something you'd guys be against?

Jason96

My brother in law plays Fantasy Football, he plays on NFL Network's app and I play on Espn Fantasy Football. He started playing Week 7(Kind of suprised he was able to get into a league that late into the season), and has a record of 3-3 in one league and 4-2 in another league. He has a new job that requires him to work early mornings on Sunday, where he doesn't come home until 3 in the afternoon, and by then he's tired and hungry to pay attention to football. He asked me if I could take care of his team for him(Make changes, trades, etc), and I accepted. If you were in his league, would you rather have the team be active to make the game more fun, as well as make trades in such, or rather just see in tank?

This seems to be the important part of your post

"If you were in his league, would you rather have the team be active to make the game more fun, as well as make trades in such, or rather just see in tank?"

I'd rather the team be active and don't care how. We've had people draft for other owners, I was away from computer access one weekend once and gave my brother info and planned to call if needed to have him check an injury and update my line-up.

But in the end, if he doesn't have the time to commit to it, then he probably shouldn't be playing.

• Like 1

If I were in his league, I would rather have the lineup set every week. It wouldn't be right to give the guys he's playing against now an advantage by starting guys who are inactive, etc.

Real life is far more important than fantasy football, and if it has fallen off his priority list, then I see nothing wrong with you picking it up as you are not in the league. I would say that you should not be making trades or waiver moves for him, as that would take players from the guys in his league who have remained active. Doing what you can do to keep a valid lineup with the players that he already has should be your plan. Winning shouldn't really be your main concern as he has given up on the team.

• Like 1

Who wants to bet the guy has a smart phone in his pocket? It's too fn easy to set a lineup nowadays..as posted above, it takes 12 seconds wtf

While that may be true, it has nothing to do with what the OP asked. Same goes for others with similar posts.

• Like 1

While that may be true, it has nothing to do with what the OP asked. Same goes for others with similar posts.

Good luck...not worth their time to actually answer the question. Much better use of their time to ridicule someone for asking a fantasy football question on a fantasy football forum. :clap::bow:

Edited by Boy Named Suh
  • Like 1

i dont see a problem with it. theres a cpl inactive owners in my local and its annoying that every week whoever plays them pretty much gets a free win. id rather have someone manage it if they dont want to, whats the difference? yes it may only take a min to set a line up but if he doesnt want to and has somebody who will, no biggie. honestly even if the league did have a problem with it theres nothing they can do. theres no way to prove it wasnt him that setting the line up realistically.

i dont see a problem with it. theres a cpl inactive owners in my local and its annoying that every week whoever plays them pretty much gets a free win. id rather have someone manage it if they dont want to, whats the difference? yes it may only take a min to set a line up but if he doesnt want to and has somebody who will, no biggie. honestly even if the league did have a problem with it theres nothing they can do. theres no way to prove it wasnt him that setting the line up realistically.

What do you think about him trading or using the waiver wire?

Edited by Boy Named Suh

Good luck...not worth their time to actually answer the question. Much better use of their time to ridicule someone for asking a fantasy football question on a fantasy football forum. :clap::bow:

I agreed with Fleming. That was my answer to the question. Now I'm deciding to ridicule a dude that doesn't decide to play ff til week 7 then decides he doesn't have 4 minutes a wk to set his lineup cuz he's too tired and hungry therefore screwing over the other owners in the league. That ok with you?

I agreed with Fleming. That was my answer to the question. Now I'm deciding to ridicule a dude that doesn't decide to play ff til week 7 then decides he doesn't have 4 minutes a wk to set his lineup cuz he's too tired and hungry therefore screwing over the other owners in the league. That ok with you?

No, by agreeing with a bulltaco answer that doesn't have any bearing on his question, you're ridiculing the dude who asked the question, who is not the guy you have an issue with.

Agreeing with fleming is not generally a good way to protest that you weren't being an A-Hole.

Edited by Boy Named Suh
  • Like 1

No, by agreeing with a bulltaco answer that doesn't have any bearing on his question, you're ridiculing the dude who asked the question, who is not the guy you have an issue with.

Agreeing with fleming is not generally a good way to protest that you weren't being an A-Hole.

pretty sure my 3 posts in this thread say that I'm not ok with what the OP is proposing. If you can't see that...idk what to tell you. IMO the guy that is too tired and hungry to set a lineup in a league he joined to play ff is the A-hole. :shrug:

If I were in his league, I would rather have the lineup set every week. It wouldn't be right to give the guys he's playing against now an advantage by starting guys who are inactive, etc.

Real life is far more important than fantasy football, and if it has fallen off his priority list, then I see nothing wrong with you picking it up as you are not in the league. I would say that you should not be making trades or waiver moves for him, as that would take players from the guys in his league who have remained active. Doing what you can do to keep a valid lineup with the players that he already has should be your plan. Winning shouldn't really be your main concern as he has given up on the team.

Thanks. I know the feeling of a inactive league and I hate it so I wasn't really pleased with the thought of his team being inactive. I'll take your advice about the trades/ww. Thanks!

This seems to be the important part of your post

"If you were in his league, would you rather have the team be active to make the game more fun, as well as make trades in such, or rather just see in tank?"

I'd rather the team be active and don't care how. We've had people draft for other owners, I was away from computer access one weekend once and gave my brother info and planned to call if needed to have him check an injury and update my line-up.

But in the end, if he doesn't have the time to commit to it, then he probably shouldn't be playing.

This...i would rather have the team active