[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Should Cobb's fumble recovery TD count as points

sdtony42

So I am the commisioner of my league and need to settle a dispute. A guy in my league who lost has Cobb and lost by 3 points which eliminated him from playoff contention. However, he was not awarded any points on our league site for Cobb's TD. I have the ability to adjust the score, but i'm undecided if its fair to do so and boot someone else out of the playoffs.

This. Amazes me how many ppl dont know their league settings...

I'd agree with this if this were a common play that happens regurlarly, but its a rare situation and not something someone would really consider when putting together league settings. Plus to be honest, I probably would have assumed something like this would have gotten marked down as a rushing td.

It makes it a grey area.

I'd agree with this if this were a common play that happens regurlarly, but its a rare situation and not something someone would really consider when putting together league settings. Plus to be honest, I probably would have assumed something like this would have gotten marked down as a rushing td.

It makes it a grey area.

I have to disagree with you. Any possible scoring play should be clearly spelled out. Recovering a fumble in the end zone is not so rare that it shouldn't be addressed before the season. It is clearly not special teams. It is clearly not a rushing or receiving TD. It is specific, and any of the main FF sites will have a fumble recovery for TD setting that is either on or off. You can not change it mid-season. How would you explain that to the guy whose playoff spot gets taken? If you did that, you would lose any respect as a commissioner that you may have from anyone who isn't the guy with Cobb. I know I would never play in one of your leagues again.

Edited by Boy Named Suh

I have to disagree with you. Any possible scoring play should be clearly spelled out. Recovering a fumble in the end zone is not so rare that it shouldn't be addressed before the season. It is clearly not special teams. It is clearly not a rushing or receiving TD. It is specific, and any of the main FF sites will have a fumble recovery for TD setting that is either on or off. You can not change it mid-season. How would you explain that to the guy whose playoff spot gets taken? If you did that, you would lose any respect as a commissioner that you may have from anyone who isn't the guy with Cobb. I know I would never play in one of your leagues again.

Well after leaving it up to league vote, its 10-2 in favor of correcting the error. Tthe only Nay votes were the guy who will have to play the guy who has Cobb in the playoffs next week and the guy who gets bounced.

Pretty much everyone in my league is in agreemant that this isn't a rule change, so much as correcting an error on my part for something that everyone assumed was a common sense thing. Somebody has to get credit for that TD and currently nobody is.

It makes it a grey area.

No grey about it in my opinion. If your league rules specified that individual players that score fumble recovery touchdowns are awarded X points, then he should get the points. Since they don't, he gets nothing. Simple as that.

If you want those points awarded in the future, propose a rule change to take effect next year. You can't change it now.

Edit:

Well after leaving it up to league vote, its 10-2 in favor of correcting the error. Tthe only Nay votes were the guy who will have to play the guy who has Cobb in the playoffs next week and the guy who gets bounced.

Pretty much everyone in my league is in agreemant that this isn't a rule change, so much as correcting an error on my part for something that everyone assumed was a common sense thing. Somebody has to get credit for that TD and currently nobody is.

Wow. I am genuinely shocked by that. I don't know what to say.

Edited by TitansFan

did you give points earlier in the season for Julio Jones' fumble recovery for a TD?

If not, you can't start now.

It is a rule change. You didn't have the league setup to score for such a play.

• Like 1

You asked for our thoughts, we gave them, furthermore it isn't the first time this season this has happened, why the change this time?

• Like 1

You are a weak commissioner for letting anyone vote to correct your mistake, and you had better at least give the guy getting bumped his money back since it's your screw up that is getting him bounced. Absolutely disgraceful. Someone would have gotten credit for the TD if you had you fumble recovery for TD on. Since you didn't, and those were the settings the whole time, you just pulled one of the all time weakest, most pathetic moves I've ever seen by any commissioner.

Edited by Boy Named Suh

It makes it a grey area.

Not gray at all ... it is called a "fumble recovery TD" in the scoring set up ... you can't change scoring rules in the middle of the season

[ETA]

And it isn't so uncommon that it doesn't happen at least once a year and software packages are set up to handle it ...

And if you don't have players set up to get credit for kick off return TDs then Antonio Brown isn't credited with that TD either

Edited by Grits and Shins

That is bogus. It would be my last year in your league ... rule changes in the middle of the year are horrible. And if you ARE going to have a mid-year rules change then it would require EVERY owner to approve.

Horrible job as commissioner

You are a weak commissioner for letting anyone vote to correct your mistake, and you had better at least give the guy getting bumped his money back since it's your screw up that is getting him bounced. Absolutely disgraceful. Someone would have gotten credit for the TD if you had you fumble recovery for TD on. Since you didn't, and those were the settings the whole time, you just pulled one of the all time weakest, most pathetic moves I've ever seen by any commissioner.

Lol...say it like it is suh. ?

Lol...say it like it is suh.

Dude, I am legitimately mad at this guy right now. That is such crap for the guy getting bumped. There is no possible way that I would ever have anything to do with this weakling ever again, fantasy or otherwise. I just hope the money isn't too big...otherwise there would be some pugilism in his future.

Wow Julio did the same thing earlier in the year what a dip$hit commissioner you are. You can't change rules in the middle or end of the season I would be furious with you and demand my money back immediately. You can put it up for vote next year but it is a clear scoring category in every league I play in offensive fumble recovery for a TD no gray area just you being a bonehead

If it's not in your league rules set as a offensive fumble recovery for a TD than no one gets the points. I have a couple leagues that don't either and we knew this when Julio did it weeks and weeks ago and did not and could not change it after the season started... Weak sauce dude weak sauce

Can any CBS Fantasy league members verify if they have a message-bar/banner at the top of their league home page (below the blue menu section) that reads:

"RANDALL COBB TD Didn't score for your league? Ask your Commissioner to update your league's scoring system"

Just trying to find out if CBS is doing this to "help out," or if our commissioner is doing some shady posing as the site.

100% agree with everyone in this post that isn't the OP

1. You didn't correct the Julio Jones TD earlier in the season.

2. It doesn't matter if the majority votes yes, EVERY OWNER should have to agree. You don't know what each person's motives are

3. You can't change settings in the middle of the season, but AT THE END OF THE SEASON? COME ON.

This is a pretty open and shut case.