[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

So weird seeing all injured players tagged with a "Q" next to them

robert terni

I didn't realize the NFL had eliminated the "probable" designation. Wondered why Julio and Marshall were questionable when all indications are that they're fine for week 1.

I don't get why they changed it. An article I read stated that "probable" me at 75% chance to play, and 95% of probable designated players actually played. Questionable and doubtful are 50% and 25%, respectively, and those are unchanged.

This change is one of the stupidest things the NFL has ever done. There is absolutely no reason to do it unless they are TRYING to piss off the fantasy football players. You know, the ones that have fueled the NFL's growth over the last 15 years?

Damn I hate the NFL more and more every year.

• Like 3

This change is one of the stupidest things the NFL has ever done. There is absolutely no reason to do it unless they are TRYING to piss off the fantasy football players. You know, the ones that have fueled the NFL's growth over the last 15 years?

Seriously? The competition committee and the NFL have nothing better to due than mess with fantasy players. You ever think that maybe coaches wanted this?

So I agree that their rationale for changing this had nothing to do with fantasy football, but you mention the coaches wanting it this way. In what way could this possibly benefit a coach? He obviously knows the player status. It's not like Bruce Arians is gonna open up yahoo sports and go, "damn, Fitzgerald is questionable today, now who do I play?"

Honestly asking because I don't see the reason for changing this

Edited by Apothus

THIS 100%!!!!

So I agree that their rationale for changing this had nothing to do with fantasy football, but you mention the coaches wanting it this way. In what way could this possibly benefit a coach? He obviously knows the player status. It's not like Bruce Arians is gonna open up yahoo sports and go, "damn, Fitzgerald is questionable today, now who do I play?"

Honestly asking because I don't see the reason for changing this

An article I read said it would allow the coaches to be more vague with their designations. It also mentioned as somebody did here that 95% of those labeled probably actually played. So they figured it was not very useful.

Beyond that I don't really know. But I'm fairly certain it wasn't about angering fantasy players.