[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Williams is dumber than a box of rocks

HowboutthemCowboys

dallas looked pretty solid in pass d but not so sure about stopping the run. i don't think the giants are as good at running the ball as they seemed. felt like every other run was 8-12 yards (in the second half, they did stop the run fairly well in the first half), I wouldn't expect that to continue.

i thought dak looked like a pro at least, cowboys fans should be happy about that much. certainly not gonna be a repeat of 2015.

Edited by pun

Bonehead play. But Dallas should really be kicking themselves since they had to settle for two short field goals in the first half. 15 plays and 70 yards and 11 plays and 68 yards to come away with only 6 points? With a rookie QB you HAVE to get one in the end zone.

After thinking on it some and letting the emotions subside, I think the Cowboys played well in their first outing with a rookie QB and RB. The telling sign was Dez not getting involved. That tells me that Dak as yet can't make adjustments on the fly to find him on option routes. Tells me he is going through progressions on static routes run by his three receivers. I was surprised they didn't go to Dunbar or Zeke in the flat which seemed obvious to me that the Giants were begging to get beat on some crossing routes coming out of the backfield. What happened to the wheel route or swing passes in the flat?

I never want to see a TE screen pass to Witten. He looks like a D10 cat in first gear. Made some great plays but he's not going anywhere after the catch.

Zeke did a great job picking up the blitz and blocking but he's got to learn patience like Morris. He was the eager beaver today and was probably amped up too much. When he learns to slow down and let his blocks develop he will be dangerous.

Dak avoided the turnover so that is good. The defense had it's moments but leaked some big runs late. Overall to be down one with a shot at winning in the end with a solid 2 minute drill by the rookie has me encouraged. Williams thinking was to make a move, get the first and dart out of bounds. His thinking was wrong and the only move he should have made was to the sidelines and fight like hell to make sure he got there. With Bailey kicking you have to give him a shot.

Week two will be huge.

Edited by Cowboyz1

Blame Beasley for one of those fg drives . It wasn't a perfect pass but one you should catch as a professional wide receiver. That drive should have ended in a TD

• Like 1