[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ty Montogomery?

teenwolf711

Few owners trusted him enough to start him and reap the benefits of his solid production in weeks 6 and 7. But many got burned by his last minute week 8 deactivation and mediocre weeks 9 and 10.

Happens all the time and why I've tried to be more cautious with these kind of players. Paying $2 per RM also makes me think "is it worth it".

Found this info about Montgomery. Evan Silva's column at rotoworld:

http://www.rotoworld...1-matchups?pg=4

James Starks returned from his knee injury against Tennessee and took over as Green Bay's lead back after Ty Montgomery missed two first-quarter blitz-pickup assignments that resulted in sacks. On both plays, Montgomery too quickly broke into a route instead of staying in to block. Montgomery went on to manage five touches on a 28% playing-time clip, seeing most of the rest of his action in garbage time alongside Brett Hundley. Starks wound up with ten touches on 71% of the snaps. Until further notice, Starks needs to be approached as the Packers’ lead back and a viable RB2/flex option against Washington’s No. 30 DVOA-rated run defense.

As the Packers can't trust Montgomery to be on the field with Rodgers, fantasy owners won't be able to trust Montgomery, either. We also shouldn't trust Packers OC Edgar Bennett's post-game explanation for why Montgomery barely played, blaming it on a "rep count." Montgomery flat out got benched.

It would be a surprise if mid-week waiver claim Christine Michael made any Sunday night impact, although his addition could conceivably end the Montgomery-at-running-back experiment for good if Michael eventually earns playing time.

He's in the very last spot on my bench at the moment. If he can't show up vs. Washington this weekend, he's gone. And I may drop him before Sunday to snag Sammy Watkins early anyway...

You should do that ASAP before someone else does. You can't ignore that kind of upside if he returns. He did his best work last year in the last several weeks and the Bills have a juicy schedule. It's more than Montgomery will ever give you.

• Like 2

You should do that ASAP before someone else does. You can't ignore that kind of upside if he returns. He did his best work last year in the last several weeks and the Bills have a juicy schedule. It's more than Montgomery will ever give you.

I dropped John Brown for Sammy. I guess Ty Montgomery was in my next to last bench spot. Too many mouths to feed in AZ, and Palmer hasn't been consistent at all at feeding anyone past Fitz and DJ. At least with Montgomery he showed something for a couple of weeks, and if McCarthy gets his head out of his azz, he'll notice that hasbeens like Starks and Michael aren't the answer. Montgomery might not be either, but at least Montgomery's YPA was over 4.0 (well over 4.0 actually) when he was getting more carries than anyone else.