[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Breakdown of Cowboys last possession.

Cowboyz1

1. Dallas' last possession of the game. Would you of passed on 2-2? Should Dak of taken a knee at the inch line?
  2. Two-Minute Warning
  3. 1-10-GB 19(2:00) (Shotgun) 21-E.Elliott left tackle to GB 11 for 8 yards (31-D.House; 24-Q.Rollins).
  4. 2-2-GB 11(1:24) (Shotgun) 4-D.Prescott pass incomplete short left to 88-D.Bryant. This Call right here was the call that boggles my mind. Zeke just ran for 8 yards and has been dominating this entire drive. You run him here and get the first down, take GB's last time out or peel another 43 seconds off the clock. That was the only call that could be made here. Even if they score on this play you're giving AR too much time.
  5. 3-2-GB 11(1:18) (Shotgun) 4-D.Prescott left tackle for 11 yards, TOUCHDOWN. Easy to say take a knee at the half inch line which would have been smart. We have a 99.5% chance of winning with the ball on the inch line 1st and goal with total control of the clock and GB would have NO chance to come back on offense. It would be all up to their defense, which was gassed, injured and having to defend 1 inch for 4 downs. 
  6. I just can't believe we didn't find a way to win this game. I don't blame the defense so much because they were playing against Greatness. Those plays AR made were perfect passes that were practically indefensible. Save the run maybe. The game was winnable and I am proud of the way my Boys played today. Cowboys get the W against anyone else but perhaps Brady. The play caller has to know you can't leave time on the clock period. As much as I hate to do it, I have to tip my cap to AR and the GB offense. They executed down the stretch perfectly like few teams can pull off, maybe only 1, NE and Tom Brady.
Edited by Cowboyz1

No way does a player take a knee instead of get the touchdown.  You take the points every time.  The pass play I'll give you.  Don't know why they passed when the run was working great and takes time off the clock.  Tough loss.  That last drive by AR was unreal though.  That's why we watch football right there!

12 hours ago, NAUgrad said:

No way does a player take a knee instead of get the touchdown.  You take the points every time.  The pass play I'll give you.  Don't know why they passed when the run was working great and takes time off the clock.  Tough loss.  That last drive by AR was unreal though.  That's why we watch football right there!

Yep,agree take the points but the pass was aweful 

24 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

The fact that you ever suggested they take a knee and don't score to burn more times is simply :crazy:

I would have downed it at the 1 yard line.  There is no way I would have given the ball back to Rodgers with all that time on the clock.  The Packers defense was worn out and incapable of stopping Ezekiel.  The Cowboys defense was unlikely to stop the Packers from at least getting a field goal with all that time on the clock and in 4 down territory.  I would have downed it at the 1 yard line and then taken a knee on the next snap, too.  Then Ezekiel would have had 3 plays to get 1 yard.  90% chance or better that Ezekiel gets that.  Why unnecessarily put the ball in Rodgers hands with all that time left when the defense had little chance of stopping them?

Edited by michaelredd9

1 minute ago, captain77 said:

What happens when you down it at the one and the next play is a false start or holding?  You take the points...you don't pass on 2nd down but you sure as hell take the points!

I'd rather take the risk of a penalty than the risk of putting the game in Aaron Rodgers hands.

54 minutes ago, michaelredd9 said:

I'd rather take the risk of a penalty than the risk of putting the game in Aaron Rodgers hands.

And you'd be out of a job quickly making such dumb decisions.

Also if you're going to take a knee at the one, why try to score until there's no time left.

This idea that you can successfully score and give the other team no time, when you start a drive with 10 minutes is PREPOSTEROUS.

5 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

This idea that you can successfully score and give the other team no time, when you start a drive with 10 minutes is PREPOSTEROUS.

Why does it matter that the drive started with 10 minutes on the clock?  It was 2nd and 2 at the 11 yard line with 1:24 left.  The fact that it was highly unlikely to use all 10 minutes at the start of the drive is completely irrelevant 8 and a half minutes later.  Obviously, when the drive started all they wanted to do was score a touchdown.

28 minutes ago, michaelredd9 said:

Why does it matter that the drive started with 10 minutes on the clock?  It was 2nd and 2 at the 11 yard line with 1:24 left.  The fact that it was highly unlikely to use all 10 minutes at the start of the drive is completely irrelevant 8 and a half minutes later.  Obviously, when the drive started all they wanted to do was score a touchdown.

I think early on in the drive they were already thinking they'd need to use as much time as possible, that is why they were running it so much to chew up the clock.

I just think it is beyond dumb to suggest they take a knee and hope they can score later. Different case altogether if you're just eating up time, or only need to kick a FG (even then I'd say you keep running and score the sure TD).