[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Playoff clincher/elimination

LuckyBub

1 hour ago, loaf said:

Tool

Of the

Year

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: This site is more of a joke if people are this crazy of what can or should be posted on here. It's not like I'm posting irrelevant material on here (cooking, cars, etc). I'm actually posting fantasy football material on here. If you don't like it, then follow a different thread. Whether I'm asking a question or giving entertainment should be irrelevant. As long as I'm posting about fantasy football, there's no reason people should push their thumbs up their asses just because of what exactly I (or someone else would) post.

• Like 1

I personally don't care what you post...if it's in the wrong forum, a Mod will move it. If I have something to add I will. If I don't but I have something sarcastic to add, I will. We are pretty thick skinned and newbs have to realize that or they'll take offense and then they'll get piled on. It's a huddle tradition.

• Like 3

When I first started posting here I got burned by a couple of the old  timers and I still do occasionally.  But yeah, you learn who is just messing with you and who are kind of negative nancy's so to speak and you brush it off. 

In their defense though, there is no way of knowing the answer to your question.  So naturally you got ripped.  It happens.  Its cool.  Live and learn.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, loaf said:

I personally don't care what you post...if it's in the wrong forum, a Mod will move it. If I have something to add I will. If I don't but I have something sarcastic to add, I will. We are pretty thick skinned and newbs have to realize that or they'll take offense and then they'll get piled on. It's a huddle tradition.

Pardon me if I posted in the wrong forum. I never mean any offense to anyone. I'm sorry if I did offend someone. And I think you meant "thin" skinned, not thick skinned. Thin means people are MORE sensitive, not less.

Edited by LuckyBub
*Thin, not thinned
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, LeonardPart6 said:

When I first started posting here I got burned by a couple of the old  timers and I still do occasionally.  But yeah, you learn who is just messing with you and who are kind of negative nancy's so to speak and you brush it off. 

In their defense though, there is no way of knowing the answer to your question.  So naturally you got ripped.  It happens.  Its cool.  Live and learn.

Yeah, it's hard to tell who's serious and who's playing on here (the internet in general). That's why I take people with a grain of salt and give them the benefit of the doubt until it's clear as day what they mean. I don't get upset very easy.

32 minutes ago, loaf said:

Yep.  I recall getting kicked around a few times by Grits back in my newb days.  :nutkick:   Something about "How did the rest of the draft go for the other pre-schoolers?" Or some such...

1 hour ago, LuckyBub said:

Pardon me if I posted in the wrong forum. I never mean any offense to anyone. I'm sorry if I did offend someone. And I think you meant "thin" skinned, not thick skinned. Thinned means people are MORE sensitive, not less.

I meant what I said.

We are thick skinned, newbs generally are thin

I don't post much. I read and then see if I have a comment or not...once and awhile I'm a wise a ss but most times I try to add something IF i post. Threads like these do not threaten me or annoy me at all. I've been here awhile and learned early on new traffic is good . Running off new posters is not productive. Otherwise it's the same old cranky posters sniping at each other and saying the same old tired things over and over. Including me..lol.

Edited by boltnlava
sp ..lol

35 minutes ago, loaf said:

I meant what I said.

We are thick skinned, newbs generally are thin

I'm confused. It seems other people were upset with my thread post. How was I thin skinned if I seemed to have offended others (which I didn't mean, by the way)?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, LuckyBub said:

I'm confused. It seems other people were upset with my thread post. How was I thin skinned if I seemed to have offended others (which I didn't mean, by the way)?

not specifically you.

not specifically this thread.

in general, newbies get thin skinned turned into thick. if they stick around long enough.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, boltnlava said:

I don't post much. I read and then see if I have a comment or not...once and awhile I'm a wise a ss but most times I try to add something IF i post. Threads like these do not threaten me or annoy me at all. I've been here awhile and learned early on new traffic is good . Running off new posters is not productive. Otherwise it's the same old cranky posters sniping at each other and saying the same old tired things over and over. Including me..lol.

I am the same.  Don't post much, but when I do................it's very important!!!  :rolleyes: