[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Royce Freeman

indyrckstar

8 hours ago, LordOpie said:

either I misspoke or you're taking this personally enough that you didn't spend a moment to comprehend. Of course those professional teams won. But do you think the HC/GM selected Michael Jordan or Tom Brady thinking, these are high-risk center-pieces of a dynasty run that will make ME look so smart? If so, Belichek would've selected Brady in the 2nd so he could declare he was a genius. 

I'm talking about owners that take silly risks or make silly trades, not because they're the right move, but because if it works, they get to declare how smart they are. They put their ego ahead of the team's likelihood of winning. That's fine, but not the point of FF.

lol winning makes you look smart and taking risks typically involves winning. I still don't get why this is a thing for you.

On 8/29/2018 at 6:45 PM, michaelredd9 said:

We have no evidence that Royce has become competent at pass protection or receiving.  We knew he came in inexperienced at both.  He has gotten no public compliments from teammates or coaches for his pass protection or receiving.  He can't be good at those skills.  But the audition isn't over.  It is just beginning.  Each week he will have the chance to prove he isn't a liability on pass plays.  

NFL teams like their running back to be able to run, block, and receive.  If a running back isn't multi-dimensional, they will be used situationally.  Right now Royce projects to be an early down pounder.  He could be an important cog in the Broncos' real world offense.  But early down pounders are fantasy kryptonite.  15 carries with 1 reception has minimal fantasy value.  10 carries with 1 reception has no fantasy value.

wait....whats this?!?!?

General manager John Elway said that proved he's durable, and Freeman also proved his worth as a pass protector for Case Keenum during training camp and the preseason.

Joseph lauded Freeman's maturity, saying he can ''carry the load from a physical standpoint and a mental standpoint. He was really good in 'pass-pro.' That's your biggest worry about having a young halfback playing with a veteran quarterback, but he's shown the IQ and the maturity to be a great 'pass-pro' guy.''

Being named starter is hugh.  The named starter almost always gets the most touches.  The pass protection comments could be coachspeak.  They waited for the preseason to be entirely over before they made their first positive comment.  The week leading up to the first regular season game has coaches giving a lot of compliments to players that aren't sincere.

5 minutes ago, michaelredd9 said:

Being named starter is hugh.  The named starter almost always gets the most touches.  The pass protection comments could be coachspeak.  They waited for the preseason to be entirely over before they made their first positive comment.  The week leading up to the first regular season game has coaches giving a lot of compliments to players that aren't sincere.

Lol....okkkkkkk

They never made a negative comment about it either...and u can't find a beat guy saying he was struggling with it 

Is it possible when joseph made the prior comment about pass pro that it was just "coach speak"? Or nah its just a clear sign he was shaky?

Edited by forever in debt to mo lewis
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, forever in debt to mo lewis said:

Is it possible when joseph made the prior comment about pass pro that it was just "coach speak"? Or nah its just a clear sign he was shaky?

It is possible.  The are lots of questions about Royce where "it is possible" is the answer.  He is an unproven commodity either for the good or for the bad.

45 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

dude, don't tell me I'm wrong, tell me YOUR projection!

what do you think he gets?!

i didnt say you were wrong...i said if your projection is correct then something went horribly wrong...like he fumbled his way out of the job or turned into booker...

id say minimum he shouldnt see less than 230....i think 240 is a good spot...if things go well i could see him up around 270-280

2 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

it's like pulling teeth.

ok, you don't want to give a guess on carries, yards, TDs, catches... no worries.

ill tell you what...ill go on record as saying 275 ok? im going high here....but ill go on record and stand by it.....ill say 1200 yards....11 tds

things would have to go drastically bad for your projection on carries imo.....i think you guys are missing the boat on this guy BIG TIME....i think joseph his playing to close to the vest and trying not to heap too much praise on him....i think deep down they are enamored with him being a focal point of the offense

Edited by forever in debt to mo lewis
  • Haha 1

you do realize cj anderson had 245 carries last year right? and they let that guy walk and sign elsewhere for 500k lol(im actually the one laughing with logic behind what i say)....you think they wanna bring this guy in here to split carries with devontae friggin booker? when they didnt split carries with anderson and booker last year? and this team projects to be a bit better offensively with an adequate qb

you have no logic to back up anything you say...you guys are throwing darts...you dont want this guy to succeed....michael cant even admit hes been wrong already....and he wont admit it...when he shows up he will dance around it

if im wrong about the guy ill eat the pile of manure ....but im willing to stand by what i say....

• Haha 1

On ‎8‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 9:05 AM, michaelredd9 said:

There is more to dislike about Royce than like:

1. He is not a good receiver.  This could limit him to playing 40%-50% of snaps.  A running back with 175 carries and 15 receptions has little fantasy value.

2. He has a below average offensive line.  He is nimble for a big guy but not so nimble that he can create on his own.

3. He has issues with pass protection.  Booker is very good at pass protection.  Royce has at least a 50% chance of losing the starting job because of pass-blocking.

4. He is an unproven 4th round rookie pick.  He will be given nothing.  He will have to earn everything.  He will be on an extremely short leash.

I am officially disembarking from the Royce Freeman bandwagon.  It was a fun summer dalliance.

1. his hands have been complimented as well....hes a capable receiver and several articles ive seen paint him as a 3 down back.....it was also you who suggested most rbs get their receptions on first and 2nd down ....so we can assume if freeman is the early down back he will catch balls

2. you said denvers ol is below average....yet I told you( you can go check up if you think I'm making it up) that football outsiders had them as the 9th most efficient run blocking unit

3. he apparently has NO issue with pass protection...you took typical coachspeak about a rookie as a clear sign he isn't capable or wasn't doing well at it

4. he is a 3rd round pick ...and he has been given the starting job...of course no one ever suggested he was going to be "given" that job....but he went out and took that manure......there were how many backs drafted ahead of him? in the 2nd round? how many of those guys are starting?

you are right about one thing tho...he will be on a short leash ....so are most rookies who aren't #2 overall picks....a couple of fumbles....few missed blocks/assignments....poor ypc....he could find himself in a split if he doesn't perform well......but hes going to get the chance to be the guy here

9 hours ago, LordOpie said:

it's like pulling teeth.

ok, you don't want to give a guess on carries, yards, TDs, catches... no worries.

why don't u try explaining your projection like I did with mine?

oh that's right...you've got 25k posts...u basically get high and troll people for entertainment...and try to crack jokes for social interaction.....

• Like 1

5 hours ago, forever in debt to mo lewis said:

1. his hands have been complimented as well....hes a capable receiver and several articles ive seen paint him as a 3 down back.....it was also you who suggested most rbs get their receptions on first and 2nd down ....so we can assume if freeman is the early down back he will catch balls

Do you have a reputable source saying that he has good hands or are you referencing a Bleacher Report article?  Please link your "several articles".   I researched his receiving abilities and I found nothing positive.  He probably isn't a good receiver.  Just because running backs get most of their receptions on 1st and 2nd down doesn't mean Royce will get many receptions.  Legarrette Blount has always been a 1st and 2nd down running back and has never had more than 15 receptions in a season.  Lots of power runners aren't utilized in the pass game.

2. you said denvers ol is below average....yet I told you( you can go check up if you think I'm making it up) that football outsiders had them as the 9th most efficient run blocking unit

PFF had Denver's offensive line rated as 23rd last year and 19th entering this year.  Football Outsiders doesn't have 2018 offensive line rankings.  PFF is more reputable than Football Outsiders.  Denver's right guard, Conner McGovern, had a grade of 49.2 last year.  Denver's right tackle, Jared Veldheer, had a grade of 54.3 last year.  Right guard and right tackle are usually necessary for a power running game to be successful.  Jared Veldheer has been good in the past so maybe he'll rebound.

3. he apparently has NO issue with pass protection...you took typical coachspeak about a rookie as a clear sign he isn't capable or wasn't doing well at it

There is no way you could know that.  You are basing your opinion on virtually nothing.  You claim I took coachspeak as a clear sign he wasn't doing well and then you take coachspeak as a clear sign he has "NO issue".  We are both interpreting coachspeak.  It is more likely that pass protection is an issue.  Nothing was said positive about Royce's pass protection during the preseason by media, coaches, or players.  It was strange that the media wasn't asking Joseph about his pass protection since he came into camp with it as issue.  Maybe Joseph told them the topic was off limits.  After a complete silence on the issue, his gm and coach say he is good at pass protection and you take it as gospel.

At every juncture, I have admitted I am basing my opinions on little.  I am speculating.  I can admit that I could be wrong.  You have based your opinions on less yet think your opinions are absolutely 100% true.  It is called drinking the Kool-Aid.

Edited by michaelredd9

1 minute ago, michaelredd9 said:

Do you have a reputable source saying that he has good hands or are you referencing a Bleacher Report article?  Please link your "several articles".   I researched his receiving abilities and I found nothing positive.  He probably isn't a good receiver.  Just because running backs get most of their receptions on 1st and 2nd down doesn't mean Royce will get many receptions.  Legarrette Blount has always been a 1st and 2nd down running back and has never had more than 15 receptions in a season.  Lots of power runners aren't utilized in the pass game.

PFF had Denver's offensive line rated as 23rd last year and 19th entering this year.  Football Outsiders doesn't have 2018 offensive line rankings.  PFF is more reputable than Football Outsiders.  Denver's right guard, Conner McGovern, had a grade of 49.2 last year.  Denver's right tackle, Jared Veldheer, had a grade of 54.3 last year.  Right guard and right tackle are usually necessary for a power running game to be successful.  Jared Veldheer has been good in the past so maybe he'll rebound.

There is no way you could know that.  You are basing your opinion on virtually nothing.  You claim I took coachspeak as a clear sign he wasn't doing well and then you take coachspeak as a clear sign he has "NO issue".  We are both interpreting coachspeak.  It is more likely that pass protection is an issue.  Nothing was said positive about Royce's pass protection during the preseason by media, coaches, or players.  It was strange that the media wasn't asking Joseph about his pass protection since he came into camp with it as issue.  Maybe Joseph told them the topic was off limits.  After a complete silence on the issue, his gm and coach say he is good at pass protection and you take it as gospel.

At every juncture, I have admitted I am basing my opinions on little.  I am speculating.  I can admit that I could be wrong.  You have based your opinions on less yet think your opinions are absolutely 100% true.  It is called drinking the Kool-Aid.

Lol....I said they ranked Denver's line 9th in run blocking efficiency last year guy....u are a waste of time 

12 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

i thought projections could eliminate the back-and-forth nonsense. I thought we could put down something concrete. If you don't want to, no worries. Just say you don't do projections/predictions/guesses.

also, I don't see what's wrong with social interactions.

I already did u worthless jackass 

On 8/30/2018 at 11:20 AM, forever in debt to mo lewis said:

tarik cohen is "electric" and has the "sauce" too....and hes expected to get an increased amount of touches

yet Jordan howard is still going in the 2nd round of ppr drafts....

Howard has gone no better than late 3rd round in any of my drafts, 12 team leagues.

Just now, LordOpie said:

you didn't project TDs, catches or receiving yards. If you don't want to, just say you don't.

275 for 1200 yards is only 120 points. Depending on what you have for TDs and receiving could put him top 25 or top 10. Like I said, if you don't want to, that's cool.

I said 11 TDs...but u were probably high and missed it...or seeking negative attention from strangers by cracking jokes or trolling them 

2 minutes ago, forever in debt to mo lewis said:

I saw him go 17th overall(paired with kamara) in a ppr league that 1st pays north of 5k...12 teams 

Ok, I saw Gronk go 3rd overall in a 12 team league. Just because it happens once doesn't mean its the norm. Howard is a 3/4th round draft pick in most 10/12 team leagues

Just now, jamesplante11 said:

Ok, I saw Gronk go 3rd overall in a 12 team league. Just because it happens once doesn't mean its the norm. Howard is a 3/4th round draft pick in most 10/12 team leagues

And the guy that took gronk there is a long shot....the guy that took Howard likes him a little more than most.....he wasn't making it out of that 2nd round in that draft I can tell u that.....the norm is a bunch of people with top 200 ppr lists taking guys that are ranked where they are picking .....not going on projection and feelings....Howard in the mid to late 2nd isn't a bad pick....gronk #3 overall certainly is