[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Royce Freeman

indyrckstar

Just now, LordOpie said:

Just how many of the 4500+ drafts do you think were tainted?

oh i have no idea..no estimation....

but im guessing there are def some tainted drafts....overall i dont think it really kills freemans ADP very much........but his ADP just doesnt speak anything to me.......i can look around...and you see the huddle has him at 39 overall in a top 200 ppr.....now you look at someone like matt berry( i do not use this guy for ANYTHING lol...but i do check his stuff for fun)....he has freeman at 27 on his top 200 ppr......opinions vary( actually hate that mine is similar to berrys...kiss of death)......my general point was/is...i was never seeing him again if i didnt do it when i did....and i think he can crack the top 10....theres always changes in the top 10 at every position from year to year

1 minute ago, LordOpie said:

i thought matt berry was a pedofile? Is he still on the air?

also, what you're saying about ADP means that you don't understand statistics, at all. That's fine.

Look, you don't like those tools. I get it. No worries. really. I was trying to help. I did not. I'm sorry I brought it up.

was he? is he? no idea....

you can interpret my lack of use for ADP any way you wish sir......just remember this...the general public is dumb...if they werent the vegas books would be getting killed every week...and all the money we won we would invest in the stock market and we could all retire to our yachts like last week! ...oh wait!

im sorry opie...i just dont understand your point about ADP and how it pertains to this discussion....you asked me for my projection and i gave you one

because i took him 24 spots above his MFL ADP im somehow a moron? especially knowing that theres NO WAY he gets back to me when i pick again? its not like i took someone 50 spots ahead of his ADP....its not like some dont have freeman ranked in there top 40 or even top 30 overall.....

what was your point?

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, forever in debt to mo lewis said:

im sorry opie...i just dont understand your point about ADP and how it pertains to this discussion....you asked me for my projection and i gave you one

because i took him 24 spots above his MFL ADP im somehow a moron? especially knowing that theres NO WAY he gets back to me when i pick again? its not like i took someone 50 spots ahead of his ADP....its not like some dont have freeman ranked in there top 40 or even top 30 overall.....

what was your point?

I think his point is

Hypothetically your sitting there in the middle of the 3rd round, and you really want a player like Robbie Anderson. His ADP is roughly 100. You also want Royce Freeman who’s ADP is roughly 40s (I think). You can comfortably take Freeman and there’s a 90% chance Anderson will be there next round. 

All hypotheticals btw. 

Marvin Jones Jr. for example is ranked at 49th yet his ADP is ~65th. That makes him a +16 vADP meaning he has good value for his ADP. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jamesplante11 said:

I think his point is

Hypothetically your sitting there in the middle of the 3rd round, and you really want a player like Robbie Anderson. His ADP is roughly 100. You also want Royce Freeman who’s ADP is roughly 40s (I think). You can comfortably take Freeman and there’s a 90% chance Anderson will be there next round. 

All hypotheticals btw. 

Marvin Jones Jr. for example is ranked at 49th yet his ADP is ~65th. That makes him a +16 vADP meaning he has good value for his ADP. 

i fully understand the concept

but robby anderson isnt in my top 36...or even top 60...so im not considering him in the 3rd round anyway

i took freeman at 26 having him in my top 35 knowing theres NO CHANCE hes there in my league when i pick again at 47(and i was still able to nab two receivers at 47 and 51 that i had in my top 37 overall

i could care less about value when i have my own rankings that may differ from ADP on MFL..or even differs from other sites rankings.....as ive said...the general public always loses...or else they wouldnt be the general public

Edited by forever in debt to mo lewis

@forever in debt to mo lewis

I’m not disagreeing with you, the joys of FFB are that we all have our own way of doing things, none more wrong or right than the rest, some more lucky, some more consistent. 

You keep saying tho that your better than everyone that uses ADP or MFL ranking, or rankings in general. Constantly saying they are for “the general public” and “the general public always looses”

Your saying this on a very successful fantasy forum board. There’s arguably some of the best fantasy players on this site. Yet 95% of them use some for of ADP, Ranking sheets, cheat sheets, projections, etc.

I notice how in the last 4 years you have only won 1 time. That means there has been at least 1 person better than you 3 out of 4 times in the last four years. I almost guarantee they based their draft off some sort of cheat sheet. 

My point being, why can’t people have a different opinion than you? If they do they are wrong or you just argue that same point until they just give up. I’m sure your a great guy, burn  little humility goes a long way sometimes, and I knows it’s hardd but other people can be right too...

This ends the jamesplante11 and forever in debt to mo Lewis annual, long, drawn out , thread hijacking disagreement. Best of luck this season man!

Edited by jamesplante11

19 minutes ago, jamesplante11 said:

@forever in debt to mo lewis

I’m not disagreeing with you, the joys of FFB are that we all have our own way of doing things, none more wrong or right than the rest, some more lucky, some more consistent. 

You keep saying tho that your better than everyone that uses ADP or MFL ranking, or rankings in general. Constantly saying they are for “the general public” and “the general public always looses”

Your saying this on a very successful fantasy forum board. There’s arguably some of the best fantasy players on this site. Yet 95% of them use some for of ADP, Ranking sheets, cheat sheets, projections, etc.

I notice how in the last 4 years you have only won 1 time. That means there has been at least 1 person better than you 3 out of 4 times in the last four years. I almost guarantee they based their draft off some sort of cheat sheet. 

won one time...but finished in the money all 4 times....nobody wins competitive high stakes fantasy football every year...lol...and to be honest if cook didnt get hurt i would have won the league last year(and still had a chance but i blew a couple of lineup decisions later in the year and had the points to win on the bench that would have won it....see im man and sane enough to admit im not the greatest and i (the really bad word) up too)

and i didnt say i was better...i just said i find ADP and ADP articles useless.....and i dont understand opies point about ADP as it correlates to the convo were having about freeman

in your marvin jones ADP vs ranking scenario...what if i like marvin jones so much and have him ranked 42 on my own rankings and my best receive left on the board....but i pick at 40 and i love him this year.....should i look over at his ADP and see 65.... and say "nah i can wait"....and then watch him get plucked at like 48?

i also never said not to use rankings or a cheat sheet...i said to me the ADP tool feels useless...ive stated many times i use a ranking sheet....i make my own....others may choose to make their own or use one that someone else has provided

Edited by forever in debt to mo lewis

If you want a guy, get him, don’t wait. I was taught that at a young age. 

I never said you were wrong, just why not be open to others opinions. 

I drafted 

-Miller in the 4th in all my leagues

-Landry in the 3rd in half of them 

-Jones Jr in the 5th in a bunch 

-Anderson in the 8th in most

In the leagues i didnt get those players it’s because they were drafted earlier than those rounds. 

Some people may think it’s a reach, but I didn’t miss on someone I wanted. If I lose because of bad picks, that I’m me. That’s way better than losing because a guy I wanted got grabbed before me because I waiteD

Back to Freeman, I didn’t like his value in the 3rd rd. I didn’t like the RB situation, the head coach it telling everyone his game plan, and I am pretty sure Booker was last years Freeman

13 minutes ago, jamesplante11 said:

If you want a guy, get him, don’t wait. I was taught that at a young age. 

I never said you were wrong, just why not be open to others opinions. 

I drafted 

-Miller in the 4th in all my leagues

-Landry in the 3rd in half of them 

-Jones Jr in the 5th in a bunch 

-Anderson in the 8th in most

In the leagues i didnt get those players it’s because they were drafted earlier than those rounds. 

Some people may think it’s a reach, but I didn’t miss on someone I wanted. If I lose because of bad picks, that I’m me. That’s way better than losing because a guy I wanted got grabbed before me because I waiteD

Back to Freeman, I didn’t like his value in the 3rd rd. I didn’t like the RB situation, the head coach it telling everyone his game plan, and I am pretty sure Booker was last years Freeman

i hear you....id rather lose with the guys i want 

when you look at ADP as a tool for drafting you are assuming everyone else has the same mind set as the next guy....it doesnt work that way...not in high stakes/high competitive leagues...futhermore how many of those leagues where ADP is calculated from are serious and highly competitive with something real on the line? how many of those leagues have the pats homer taking brady 1, gronk 2, edelman 3.....or insert whatever team....

if i like player x and have him ranked 38...i see his ADP is 65...i cant sit there and say "oh i have pick 60 sweet"....and watch him get nabbed at 58 or even before that...if i have that feeling and want him badly i need to reach(or take him where i have him ranked) and make sure hes mine...

i absolutely think you should rankings or a sheet when drafting....thats pretty neccessary...i make my own....mine might actually differ greatly in certain areas  from the ones you will see on various sites(i find the ones i check out always differ greatly from each other)...i use several tools to formulate( i didnt create them myself but i gather them from several sites)

as far as freeman...well booker has been in the league 2 years now....and hes got 250 regular season carries with a 3.65 ypc.....when freeman does that we can call him the next booker lol....the head coach isnt telling anyone his "gameplan"....he waited to name freeman the starter...he also said freeman was going to dress and be out there for the final preseason game but then he wasnt......i think joseph is just playing things close to the vest and trying not to build too much hype around freeman before the season starts....he keeps mentioning booker and lindsay cause its the "coach" thing to do to talk about how you need the whole position group...deep down i think i see through it...i think they are enamored with freeman and want him to be the guy

So the thing about most ADP's at this point is that information changes, sometimes at the last minute.  In Freeman's case, he won the starting job but wasn't awarded the spot until most mocks were completed.  A change like that makes a huge difference in were I draft him.  A guy like Breida is the same.  Not sure he's a great RB but if he's atop the depth chart then I might actually consider drafting him.  Just saying that it is smart to take ADP into consideration, but when additional information provides itself then an ADP may not be the best thing to go by.  I like Freeman a lot this year.  If I'm wrong so be it, but I'd take a chance on him in the 3rd or even 2nd round based on what I've seen.  

3 hours ago, NAUgrad said:

So the thing about most ADP's at this point is that information changes, sometimes at the last minute.  In Freeman's case, he won the starting job but wasn't awarded the spot until most mocks were completed.  A change like that makes a huge difference in were I draft him.  A guy like Breida is the same.  Not sure he's a great RB but if he's atop the depth chart then I might actually consider drafting him.  Just saying that it is smart to take ADP into consideration, but when additional information provides itself then an ADP may not be the best thing to go by.  I like Freeman a lot this year.  If I'm wrong so be it, but I'd take a chance on him in the 3rd or even 2nd round based on what I've seen.  

Agree w/ this.  ADP is just another tool that you can use.  You don't have to.  I will look at it, but it won't ever be the first thing I look at.  I have my own rankings with tiers.  

2 hours ago, LordOpie said:

and TD gave him permission to wear #30.

Lindsay has been having a great game. He even made a tackle on special teams. Freeman 34 yards :/

Lindsay and Freeman ended up with 15 carries a piece.  Lindsay actually outplayed him but Freeman got his 34 yards to 71 yards on the final drive.  

Not sure what to think about him after today's game.  Just hard to figure out.

Luckily, my team is current high scorer in the league.  Some of my gambles paid off.  Some, I hope will get better like Josh Gordon having a real QB throwing to him.......

13 hours ago, indyrckstar said:

Lindsay and Freeman ended up with 15 carries a piece.  Lindsay actually outplayed him but Freeman got his 34 yards to 71 yards on the final drive.  

Not sure what to think about him after today's game.  Just hard to figure out.

Luckily, my team is current high scorer in the league.  Some of my gambles paid off.  Some, I hope will get better like Josh Gordon having a real QB throwing to him.......

i believe freeman coughed a ball up at some point(just heard about it didnt see it) but the play didnt stand because of a penalty....so he might have been in a bit of "doghouse" for some stretch of the game......but like you said he did have a couple of nice gains late in the game

all in all it was an ideal start.....but even if you take a look at alot of the guys that were going in the 3-4th rounds at rb..guys like drake, henry, collins....there were quite a few duds....some duds by 1st and 2nd round guys too....

would be nice to see him catch a pass or two...i think the biggest key for him is to get going early.......all in all though i mean they had two backs that averaged 4.7 a carry by the end of the day on 30 carries........so i think overall the situation in denver is a good one for a rb to emerge...they should be in most games.....the lindsay kid looks like he could be a thorn in the side here though for sure.......he is small....maybe nobody ever gets to square up on him....but hes pretty small to be handling that kind of workload all year...we shall see

1 minute ago, forever in debt to mo lewis said:

i believe freeman coughed a ball up at some point(just heard about it didnt see it) but the play didnt stand because of a penalty....so he might have been in a bit of "doghouse" for some stretch of the game......but like you said he did have a couple of nice gains late in the game

all in all it was an ideal start.....but even if you take a look at alot of the guys that were going in the 3-4th rounds at rb..guys like drake, henry, collins....there were quite a few duds....some duds by 1st and 2nd round guys too....

would be nice to see him catch a pass or two...i think the biggest key for him is to get going early.......all in all though i mean they had two backs that averaged 4.7 a carry by the end of the day on 30 carries........so i think overall the situation in denver is a good one for a rb to emerge...they should be in most games.....the lindsay kid looks like he could be a thorn in the side here though for sure.......he is small....maybe nobody ever gets to square up on him....but hes pretty small to be handling that kind of workload all year...we shall see

That would explain Lindsay getting more touches early on.  

My strategy now is to get both and stick them at RB2 and Flex.  Would start both to go along with Hyde.  Then waiting on Ingram on week 4 and Le'veon Bell on week 10.  

1 minute ago, indyrckstar said:

That would explain Lindsay getting more touches early on.  

My strategy now is to get both and stick them at RB2 and Flex.  Would start both to go along with Hyde.  Then waiting on Ingram on week 4 and Le'veon Bell on week 10.  

im going to look into grabbing lindsay wednesday....not sure just how much im willing to bid though

• 1 month later...
1 minute ago, michaelredd9 said:

He entered the game as the 35th highest scoring running back.  He has a nice fantasy playoff schedule with 14)49ers, 15)Browns, and 16)Raiders.  I would have to have a short bench and be stacked at running back to consider dropping him.

Did you watch the game?  The guy is the quintessential plodder, and is completely outclassed by Lindsay.  He also tweaked his ankle tonight.   The inconvenient truth is that you'll never start him all season, and the bench spot is better spent on someone who could actually develop into something.

• Thanks 1

I compared his situation on another board to the Jets, with Crowell/Powell.  Almost a 50/50 timesplit in Denver's backfield too, but Freeman isn't as talented as either Crowell or Powell.  I think the workload starts shifting more towards Lindsay after this week, and Freeman was sitting on a majority league's benches to begin with.

• Thanks 1