[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Lamb/Hunt/D'Ernest Johnson for Herbert/3 Rbs

VikingsGuy11

I feel like this would be too desperate of a trade,  but I was offered Justin Herbert, Latavius Murray, Myles Gaskin, and Devin Singletary for CeeDee Lamb, Kareem Hunt, and D'Ernest Johnson.

It definitely improves my qb situation and gives me better depth at rb, but I think I may be better off trying to move Lamb or Diggs for a better RB. Thoughts?

Non ppr, can only start 2 rbs and 2 wrs.

My team is:

QB:Tannehill

Rb Elliot

Rb Hunt

Wr Kupp

Wr Diggs

TE Andrews

Bench

Beckham

Devonta Smith

Laviska Shenault

CeeDee Lamb

Taylor Heinecke

Sony Michel

Tony Pollard

D'Ernest Johnson

23 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

Definitely not. He's throwing you a bunch of scraps. Hang in there, you have a nice roster. 

Yeah I think I'm with you, just getting a little desperate since I'm 3-3 and I have back to back matchups with people that I need to beat. I do think eventually I'll trade one of my top 3 wrs for a running back, but you're right that I should aim higher

3 minutes ago, VikingsGuy11 said:

Yeah I think I'm with you, just getting a little desperate since I'm 3-3 and I have back to back matchups with people that I need to beat. I do think eventually I'll trade one of my top 3 wrs for a running back, but you're right that I should aim higher

You need to trade Kupp or Lamb for a blockbuster deal. 

19 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

You need to trade Kupp or Lamb for a blockbuster deal. 

Yeah best offer so far was Diggs for Deandre Swift which I'm definitely losing the better player but I may have to bite the bullet and take to balance out my roster. 

Going to see if I ca do better though 

I'm not sure I'd totally dismiss this trade. The best players on each side are Herbert (top 10 QB) and Lamb (top 10 WR). The rest on your side are an injured RB (Hunt) who won't play for 4-6 weeks and has an offense full of injuries and a backup RB (Johnson) who may have some short term value. The 3 RBs the other guy offered are all better than Johnson, or Hunt while he is out. 

I personally don't like trading so many players at once, and we generally don't see it in our league since there is a $2 cost per player added. But the better QB and depth at RB help you while you lose a top WR who is mostly sitting on your bench behind Kupp & Diggs. 

Yes probably better to find that RB upgrade with a simpler trade, but that doesn't give you the big QB upgrade either. And if Swift is the best offer you're getting for Diggs that's pretty pathetic. 

PS  Not sure how a guy offering you Herbert and 3 RBs can be labeled as "offering scraps".

• Like 1

I'd be incline to take the deal. Hunt is out 4-6 weeks and Johnson is a 1-week rental on a CLE offense (whose wheels are falling off) against a tough DEN defense (and if Chubb is out another week, the game after that is against PIT). You're converting bench depth into a big QB upgrade and a couple of starting RBs (albeit it low-end fantasy RB2s).

Edited by JumpingJehosaphat
  • Like 1

So you'd both take that deal (Lamb/Hunt/Johnson) for Herbert and the 3 rbs over Diggs for Swift? Seift is the best standalone rb that I'm able to get for him unfortunately. Too many injuries to top backs right now is making it tough.

I may try to get Elijiah Mitchell instead of Singletary

Edited by VikingsGuy11

43 minutes ago, VikingsGuy11 said:

So you'd both take that deal (Lamb/Hunt/Johnson) for Herbert and the 3 rbs over Diggs for Swift? Seift is the best standalone rb that I'm able to get for him unfortunately. Too many injuries to top backs right now is making it tough.

I may try to get Elijiah Mitchell instead of Singletary

Yes I would do that, it has much more benefit to your team. First Diggs is better than Lamb so you keep the better WR, you get a big upgrade at QB and you get some RBs to help you out now. Sure you have to give up Hunt and Johnson which you wouldn't in other trade, but the value with them isn't that high for various reasons. 

Look at it this way, assume you could get Swift for Lamb, so what's better options for your line-up

Herbert, Murray, Gaskin, Singletary 

OR

Tannehill, Hunt, Johnson, Swift 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, stevegrab said:

Yes I would do that, it has much more benefit to your team. First Diggs is better than Lamb so you keep the better WR, you get a big upgrade at QB and you get some RBs to help you out now. Sure you have to give up Hunt and Johnson which you wouldn't in other trade, but the value with them isn't that high for various reasons. 

Look at it this way, assume you could get Swift for Lamb, so what's better options for your line-up

Herbert, Murray, Gaskin, Singletary 

OR

Tannehill, Hunt, Johnson, Swift 

Thanks so much! It's obviously not an ideal situation but yeah I'm desperate for rbs after the Hunt injury and at least this way I get a serious upgrade at QB.