[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Fantasy OROY / DROY Outlook

rajncajn

Offense

Rec (YD-RC-TD-TG), Rush(YD-ATT-TD)

Jahan Dotson (40-3-2-5) stood out the most in week 1. Not a great target number or yardage, but he's already a threat in the end zone. Drake London (74-5-0-7), Kyle Phillips (66-6-0-9), Romeo Doubs (37-4-0-5), Garrett Wilson (52-4-0-8), Chris Olave (41-3-0-3+2pt) and Treylon Burks (55-3-0-5) all were involved as well. 

Pacheco (62-12-1) is my dark horse and could be a really nice dart throw payoff. I think he cuts into CEH's touches more as the season progresses. He and Dameon Pierce (Ru33-11-0) (Rc6-1-1) were the only RBs to get significant touches, but as much as Pierce was hyped, he was a major disappointment despite a decent number of opportunities. Breece Hall (Ru38-6-0) (Rc23-6-0-10) was well-involved, but also wasn't very productive in either his rushing or receiving stats. Both Hall and Pierce look to be severely hampered by splitting touches and neither stood out enough on either side of the ball to start carving away a role.

Defense

(T/A-FR/FF-INT-SK)

On defense, Devin Lloyd (8/3-0/0-0-0), Jalen Pitre (5/6-0/0-0-0), Dominique Robinson (5/2-0/0-0-1.5), Quay Walker (7/1-0/0-0-0) and Travon Walker (3/1-0/0-1-1) have all shown they're ready to play from day 1. Lloyd is as-advertised and I think he runs away with this, but Quay Walker doesn't look far behind. Robinson & Pitre are definitely dark horses, Pitre I think will be invaluable in tackle heavy leagues. They play him as an in-the-box FS and let him drop back in coverage, so he's literally all over the field. Robinson's stat line is crazy for someone who probably didn't even get drafted in most fantasy drafts. Whether or not he can sustain that level of production is a question. Trayvon Walker's line was nice, but you don't want to rely on just the big plays. What the heck happened with Nakobe Dean? Only 25 snaps total and not even an assist to show for it.

Edited by rajncajn

Gotta think Nakobe Dean will start spelling TJ Edwards more and more.  Edwards is a 2-down thumper without much athleticism and Dean is a freak.  I think it may also be that Edwards dons the "green dot" and perhaps Dean isn't ready to lead the defense.

As for the offense, I think Treylon Burks - IF he can stay away from the health issue - could be the OROY.  He's just going to be the most involved in his team's offense.  JMHO

14 minutes ago, darin3 said:

Gotta think Nakobe Dean will start spelling TJ Edwards more and more.  Edwards is a 2-down thumper without much athleticism and Dean is a freak.  I think it may also be that Edwards dons the "green dot" and perhaps Dean isn't ready to lead the defense.

As for the offense, I think Treylon Burks - IF he can stay away from the health issue - could be the OROY.  He's just going to be the most involved in his team's offense.  JMHO

As an Edwards owner I really hope you're wrong. Dean is obviously the future, but I'd hoped the Eagles would try to have them both on the field. Seems a shame to sideline the guy who has been very productive and calls your defensive huddle. I don't see why they can't kick one or the other outside or put them both on the field. As it is, Edwards looks to be my most consistent producer not named Devin Lloyd. It's going to be a tough blow to cut double-digit points on a weekly basis.

24 minutes ago, gilthorp said:

My too early vote will be Drake London and Travon Walker. 

London definitely has a very nice opportunity and already a hefty target share. Mariotta looks much improved as well. It won't be long before he puts a score on the board as well.