[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

How much FAAB for Deshaun Watson?

El Jefe 92

14 man league.  Someone had to drop Watson due to Lamar Jackson's bye.  

My QBs are Justin Fields/Geno Smith.  I was going to drop Geno and put in a claim on Watson.  I'm in 1st place and trying to build for the playoffs.  I know Geno has been great but I feel like Watson has more upside.  I have $119 of my $150 budget left.  There just isn't that much upside on the waiver wire going forward so I don't anticipate having to spend a ton more money for the remaining 6 weeks.  I was thinking of bidding $30-$50.  Is that too much? Not enough? 

Edited by El Jefe 92

If you can stash him without dropping a QB I'd like it better. He won't be back for another 3 weeks (week 14) and could be rusty in that game, and you'd have to start him with Fields on bye. Plus if Fields gets hurt (not out of the question as much as he runs) you'd have to grab some scrub off waivers. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

If you can stash him without dropping a QB I'd like it better. He won't be back for another 3 weeks (week 14) and could be rusty in that game, and you'd have to start him with Fields on bye. Plus if Fields gets hurt (not out of the question as much as he runs) you'd have to grab some scrub off waivers. 

We are only allowed 2 QBs on our roster otherwise I definitely would keep them all since we have a huge bench.  He is likely to be rusty but I'll take his upside over Geno.  Deshaun will start week 13, not week 14, so he will get a game to shake the rust off before I would need to start him in week 14 for Field's bye.  Just curious how much FAAB everyone would spend?  

9 minutes ago, Montana is da Man said:

Stick with geno and fields

Appreciate your opinion.  I am going to drop Geno for Watson.  I understand it's a risk. Other than weeks 4/5, Geno has not scored more than 12 points in my league scoring so despite being a top 10 QB, he lacks upside in our scoring settings.  I'm willing to take the risk on Watson and, if anything, I may be able to still trade him away for a better TE and roll with Fields.  How much FAAB should I spend?

14 minutes ago, El Jefe 92 said:

We are only allowed 2 QBs on our roster otherwise I definitely would keep them all since we have a huge bench.  He is likely to be rusty but I'll take his upside over Geno.  Deshaun will start week 13, not week 14, so he will get a game to shake the rust off before I would need to start him in week 14 for Field's bye.  Just curious how much FAAB everyone would spend?  

Yep sorry for the bad info, not sure I got that week wrong on the Watson return, it is week 13 at Houston. 

Good luck, I will be rooting for the Browns to do well when he returns. 

Sorry I don't use FAAB waivers so no view on that. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, stevegrab said:

Yep sorry for the bad info, not sure I got that week wrong on the Watson return, it is week 13 at Houston. 

Good luck, I will be rooting for the Browns to do well when he returns. 

Sorry I don't use FAAB waivers so no view on that. 

All good brother!  Appreciate your responses!

4 hours ago, El Jefe 92 said:

How much FAAB should I spend?

If you want him, spend the $50 to make sure you get him.  I doubt it will take that much but without knowing the others in your league and how they spend their faab, it's hard for me to give you a more accurate number

Edited by Montana is da Man
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Montana is da Man said:

If you want him, spend the $50 to make sure you get him.  I doubt it will take that much but without knowingnthr others in your league and how they spend their faab, it's hard for me to give you a more accurate number

As always, appreciate your opinion and responses.   Put in a bid of $51, we'll see what happens.