[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Panthers @ Falcons 09/10/23 Gameday

Sivaro

4 hours ago, Sivaro said:

The Bryce Young era starts today.   Will Mingo lead the team in receptions?

Is London Drake a breakout star?  Will Kyle Pitts be anything but smoke and mirrors again this year?

Interesting game.  Lets go!

Couldn't watch the game.  Was Pitts just blocking again or did he play limited snaps?  I should have played Schultz

15 hours ago, 1fastdoc said:

Couldn't watch the game.  Was Pitts just blocking again or did he play limited snaps?  I should have played Schultz

FYI  snap counts are available on Pro Football Reference in the game logs, but not always a lot of help on how involved a player is. Looks like the Falcons won by running the ball and getting turnovers. Pitts played 62% of the snaps, Johnnu Smith 50% and 3rd TE Pruitt another 48%. That means they ran 2 TE quite a bit (60% of the time). But they only threw the ball 18 times vs 26 runs. They also won the game but had almost 10 minutes less TOS. 

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/202309100atl.htm

7 hours ago, stevegrab said:

FYI  snap counts are available on Pro Football Reference in the game logs, but not always a lot of help on how involved a player is. Looks like the Falcons won by running the ball and getting turnovers. Pitts played 62% of the snaps, Johnnu Smith 50% and 3rd TE Pruitt another 48%. That means they ran 2 TE quite a bit (60% of the time). But they only threw the ball 18 times vs 26 runs. They also won the game but had almost 10 minutes less TOS. 

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/202309100atl.htm

I don't pretend to know how many plays they're usually are in a game but 44 plays seems incredibly low to me

3 minutes ago, purplemonster said:

I don't pretend to know how many plays they're usually are in a game but 44 plays seems incredibly low to me

I don't know the average, but I trust the stats at PFR, as do many others, it is a very thorough stat site with good numbers. 

44 was just a total of run and pass attempts from the box score. Under snap counts the Falcons OL players show 52 snaps, the total for just one team. The Panthers had 77 offensive snaps, they had 38 pass attempts and 32 rushes in their stats. Maybe extra snaps relate to penalties (I see 9 for CAR & 6 for ATL), or something else. The Panthers had the ball a lot more and ran a lot more plays.