[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Quick keeper question

So I have a hand full of good choices but I'm really curious how people feel about who they would rather keep outta these two guys...

Tyreek Hill 1.12

Or

Rashee Rice 11.12

I like both but personally might be leaning towards Rice... just a feeling he could blow up next year and you can't beat that price of getting him in the 11th instead of the 3rdish..

What's everyone think?

Depends a little on your scoring system, i.e. if you get rewarded well for yardage and/or length of touchdown v. standard performance PPR.  In my league where we have huge bonuses for total yards and TDs over 25 and 50 yards, T. Hill was our leagues top point getter, even above McCaffrey.

However, assuming you're  in a typically scored 12 team PPR league and each owner keeps 1 player, I might lean Rice as well.

• Like 1

As @Butkussaid, assuming fairly standard PPR scoring, both technically present some value.

It's not a direct correlation, but early 2024 ADP from Underdog has Hill as the #3 overall pick (non-SF) and Rice as the 20th overall, so Rice presents a much better "value".

At 12, ADP right now has guys like GWilson, AJB, JT and Kyren. At pick 132, where you can get RIce, are guys like Musgrave, Gabe Davis, Jerome Ford, etc.

Which combo do you prefer: Hill/Ford or RIce/JT?

I'm taking Rice here and shopping Hill for whatever I can get if you can find an owner that wants him - I'd suggest maybe finding an owner with an earlier first round pick that would want Hill - then make a deal based on you sending him Hill and the 12 for his 1st round pick, probably need to involve some other small swaps - but he then keeps Hill for the 12, you get an earlier 1st round pick - win-win

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/8/2024 at 11:50 AM, Butkus said:

Depends a little on your scoring system, i.e. if you get rewarded well for yardage and/or length of touchdown v. standard performance PPR.  In my league where we have huge bonuses for total yards and TDs over 25 and 50 yards, T. Hill was our leagues top point getter, even above McCaffrey.

However, assuming you're  in a typically scored 12 team PPR league and each owner keeps 1 player, I might lean Rice as well.

It's ppr that is quite high scoring/bonuses. 1pt bonus for any reception over 20 yards, 3pt for any rec over 40, 4pt bonus for going over 100 and a huge 15pt bonus for going over 200 yards! So while tyreek obviously is gonna hit more points in bonuses, I am aware that it's all about maximizing value. Obviously super early and I have time to make my decision and if KC brings in someone that would change things a little but thanks for your thoughts! I'm a die hard packer fan but tyreek is definitely one of my favorite players especially for fantasy so he's super hard to pass up but I see a ton of potential for rice to kill it next year in KC.. couple other options too btw could be James cook in the 6th or LaPorta in the 8th? Both not bad but I don't think as good.. my other team tho I get Kyren in the 8th which I'm super pumped about lol

On 2/8/2024 at 12:55 PM, Big Country said:

As @Butkussaid, assuming fairly standard PPR scoring, both technically present some value.

It's not a direct correlation, but early 2024 ADP from Underdog has Hill as the #3 overall pick (non-SF) and Rice as the 20th overall, so Rice presents a much better "value".

At 12, ADP right now has guys like GWilson, AJB, JT and Kyren. At pick 132, where you can get RIce, are guys like Musgrave, Gabe Davis, Jerome Ford, etc.

Which combo do you prefer: Hill/Ford or RIce/JT?

I'm taking Rice here and shopping Hill for whatever I can get if you can find an owner that wants him - I'd suggest maybe finding an owner with an earlier first round pick that would want Hill - then make a deal based on you sending him Hill and the 12 for his 1st round pick, probably need to involve some other small swaps - but he then keeps Hill for the 12, you get an earlier 1st round pick - win-win

Hey man thanks for your input! I love your idea about going with rice and trying to trade hill for an earlier pick but unfortunately our league just doesn't do trades.. lol not saying we can't do trades but NOOO one does! Our league is a little different in terms of how many people we have. We actually have 36 teams split into 3 separate division that do interact with each other. So there was 3 separate drafts but it's all one league and out of those 36 teams there was 1 freakin trade haha idk why but people just don't like trading, which is fine cuz I'm not a big trader either. I've been in this league for close to 10 years so I'd call it my "home" league and I've made the championship 3 years,  this year included but unfortunately lost to a wayyy manuretier team.. ginger DJ moore! I am going to look into if the commish would even allow trading a player for a pick. Ik alot of leagues do accept that but some don't cuz then it does get a little messy. But anyways thanks bro 

• 2 weeks later...

Rice is great value but if it were me I’d just keep Hill. Hill is a league winner, Rice is not. If you decide to keep your pick and throw Hill back, you have no chance of drafting him again.

Edited by Finn5033