[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Vikings acquire pick #23 from Texans

Big John

2 minutes ago, Big John said:

Per Tom Pelissero, Viking receive 1st (#23) and 7th (#232) from the Texans for 2nd (#42), 6th (#188) and a 2025 2nd.

Making a move it looks like to move up in the draft and take a QB...Darnold is a stop-gap measure.

Will be curious  as to who they are targeting at QB?    Will Wash or NE move out of 2/3 or are the Vikings looking to move into 4/5?   Williams seem to be #1 but what happens after that?  Washington seems to be linked to Maye and Daniels to NE.    If McCarthy is their target,  what happens if NE takes him at three? Do they pivot to Daniels, who is a different type of QB than McCarthy in my opinion.    OR do they sit pat and take a top D player at 11 and then take Penix or Nix at 23? 

Going to be really fun day one for Vikings fans!  ( hopefully) 

2 hours ago, T-Scorp said:

Will be curious  as to who they are targeting at QB?    Will Wash or NE move out of 2/3 or are the Vikings looking to move into 4/5?   Williams seem to be #1 but what happens after that?  Washington seems to be linked to Maye and Daniels to NE.    If McCarthy is their target,  what happens if NE takes him at three? Do they pivot to Daniels, who is a different type of QB than McCarthy in my opinion.    OR do they sit pat and take a top D player at 11 and then take Penix or Nix at 23? 

Going to be really fun day one for Vikings fans!  ( hopefully) 

I was thinking the same as you. I don’t see this as them for sure trying to move up further. I wonder if they are thinking to stay at 11 and if one of the top 4 QBs falls there than great. But if not they take best player available at 11 and then grab Nix at 23. I hope they don’t draft Penix. Too many injuries already, very goofy throwing motion etc.