[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Kansas State 2000's Heisman Rankings

Kansas State 2000

UPDATED 11-14-04

Quarterbacks:

#1 Alex Smith (10-0)

Yards - 2440

Total TD's - 36

Int. - 2

Comp. % - 66.0

Stock - Rising

#2 Jason White (10-0)

Yards - 2513

Total TD's - 28

Int. - 4

Comp. % - 64.8

Stock - Rising

#3 Matt Leinart (10-0)

Yards - 2348

Total TD's - 26

Int. - 5

Comp. % - 65.7

Stock - Steady

RunningBacks:

#1 Cedric Benson (9-1)

Yards - 1599

Total TD's - 19

Avg. per Carry - 5.9

Stock - Rising

#2 JJ Arrington (8-1)

Yards - 1415

Total TD's - 13

Avg. per Carry - 6.9

Stock - Steady

#3 Adrian Peterson (10-0)

Yards - 1431

Total TD's - 9

Avg. per Carry - 5.6

Stock - Slipping

Wide Receiver:

#1 Braylon Edwards (9-1)

Yards - 1049

Total TD's - 11

Avg. Per Catch - 13.8

Stock - Slipping

Overall

#1 Alex Smith

#2 Jason White

#3 Cedric Benson

#4 Braylon Edwards

#5 JJ Arrington

#6 Matt Leinart

#7 Adrian Peterson

My five to be invited to New York:

• Alex Smith
  • Jason White
  • Cedric Benson
  • Matt Leinart
  • Braylon Edwards

Edited by Kansas State 2000

#1 Alex Smith (8-0)

Yards - 1905

Total TD's - 28

Int. - 2

Comp. % - 64.5

#4 Jason White (8-0)

Yards - 1838

Total TD's - 20

Int. - 4

Comp. % - 63.7

Alex Smith has more yards, eight more TD's, less Int's, and a higher comp. % than White ... and his team is also undefeated. White will have to have a few HUGE games to have any chance.

I, for one, am not bias.

#1 Alex Smith (8-0)

Yards - 1905

Total TD's - 28

Int. - 2

Comp. % - 64.5

#4 Jason White (8-0)

Yards - 1838

Total TD's - 20

Int. - 4

Comp. % - 63.7

Alex Smith has more yards, eight more TD's, less Int's, and a higher comp. % than White ... and his team is also undefeated. White will have to have a few HUGE games to have any chance.

I, for one, am not bias.

528649[/snapback]

Heh, Sarge biased? Well we all are, I love my pathetic Huskies and even at 1-7 I still think I can find a Heisman hopeful in there somewhere :D .

I like Edwards to win it. *Unless* OU goes undefeated and AP continues with the 100+ yrd games and White slips a bit. Otherwise they steal votes from each other. Unless that happens my money is on Edwards.

My five to be invited to New York as of 11-4-04:
  •  

• Alex Smith

• Matt Leinart

• Cedric Benson

• Adrian Peterson

• Braylon Edwards

528628[/snapback]

I like my five better:

1. Adrain Peterson

2. Alex Smith

3. Matt Leinart

4. Jason White

5. Cedric Benson

Just curious - with Arrington ahead of AP in TDs and yards/game, is the ranking based on the Sooners being undefeated, perceived strength of schedule, media buzz, or all 3?

Either way, I think Arrington, BEdwards and ASmith are way more valuable (individually) to their team's success than either JWhite, AP, or Leinart - because OU and USC are so loaded, they'd probably still win with the 2nd stringer QB/RBs out there, on the strength of their O-lines and killer D. But these other guys suffer from not being undefeated and lack of media buzz. I'd also have to say that as much as I like to see him play, Smith's QB stats are not as impressive as White's and Leinart's because of the D's they face.

If there was only room for 2 QBs, 2 RBs and 1 WR in NYC for the show, I'd put White, Leinart, Benson, Arrington, and Edwards in there as the most deserving, as of right now.

But I know life is not "fair", so AP will probably go instead of JJ...

Edited by Coffeeman

If life were fair, as you like to call it.  only 1 QB would be going and Leinhart would be left out behind White.

546987[/snapback]

What do you mean - its not fair for Leinart to be in the running right now, ahead of another RB like Arrington? Maybe - its hard comparing apples and oranges like QBs vs. RBs. White does have better numbers so far, but the year isn't over yet. And speaking of counting chickens too early, plenty of voters felt burned by White's poor showing in the last 2 games last year, after the vote. So White probably won't get another one.

And with Benson and Arrington having better numbers so far than AP, along with him being a freshman, I just don't think a Sooner will be getting it this year. Although they'll both probably be in NYC for the show. Bush will probably also get overlooked for the show, since he's not on the field as an every down back. (ASmith, Bush and Arrington making up the "honorable mention" category.)

That leaves Leinart, Benson, and Edwards as the most likely, "fair" or not. I'd put money on it, but I don't know which of those 3 will get it....

Prime example of why I dislike the fact that the Heisman is announced before the bowl games. Leinart/Bush are having similair success to White/Peterson. Wait until after the bowl games to announce the Heisman. If OU wins the NC, then either White or Peterson deserve it. If USC wins, either Leinart or Bush deserve it.

Just my $0.02

Prime example of why I dislike the fact that the Heisman is announced before the bowl games.  Leinart/Bush are having similair success to White/Peterson.  Wait until after the bowl games to announce the Heisman.  If OU wins the NC, then either White or Peterson deserve it.  If USC wins, either Leinart or Bush deserve it.

Just my $0.02

547052[/snapback]

Why? The Heisman is supposed to be for the best player in college football, not the best player on the best team.

Bush has not been in my rankings since September as he has been lapped by those in my list since then.

549213[/snapback]

Maybe, but points/per touch would be very interesting stat - it would show Bush way out in the lead. Chow works at putting him in a position to score a TD every time he touches the ball. Perkins was doing it last year and Bush is doing it this year - no one knows exactly when the TD will come in the game, but odds are, Bush will take at least one to the house as either a RB, WR, PR or KR.

Same can be said for White and AP, (and most of the QBs and RBs in contention with the Heisman,) but they have the ball a lot more often. But you're right - its hard to win the trophy that way. I'm not crying for Bush - he'll get plenty of accolades, with at least 1-2 more seasons after this one to get them.

The way things are going for Stoops and Carroll, Bush and AP might meet 2-3 times for the NC game and be in NYC for the next couple trophy shows too. Cool...