[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Free Fantasy Advice Here - Week 10

Hugh 0ne

Hi Hugh,

So I have a delima this week...

I have ...

R. Droughn's at NO where he should run like crazy

D. McAllister at Denver where he should run like crazy

C. Dillion at KC with an okay run Defense

D. Blaylock at home against NE with a slightly week run defense

right now I have these guys starting.....

D. McAllister at Denver where he should run like crazy

C. Dillion at KC with an okay run Defense

D. Blaylock at home against NE with a slightly week run defense

I an only start up to 3 RBs and 2 WR's.  My WR's are T. Holt, D. Givens, D. Mason, and J. Morton.  I'm planning on starting Givens and Holt as of now.

Thanks!

562023[/snapback]

OK, I like the idea of starting 3 RB's for sure. All three are good options, but I think I'd bench Blaylock.

Then, at WR, you have to be careful. Holt is questionable with a concussion, so keep an eye on that. If Holt goes, start him and Mason. If not, go Mason and Givens. I know Mason has a tough matchup, but Volek likes throwing to Mason, so I think he'll produce, and there are just too many options both in NE and KC to make Givens or Morton better options imo.

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hugh,

I am fighting to make the playoffs and have a couple big decisions this week.

Standard performance scoring... 1pt for 10 rushed/recived 6 pt for TD rushed /rec, 1 pt 20 yards passed and 3 pt TD passed

QB's (start one)  Brees @ Oak or Brady @ KC (MNF) or Carr vs GB

RB's (Start two)  Dillon @ KC or Blaylock vs NE or Tomlinson @ OAK

WR's (start one as have Owens as other WR)  Williams @ MN or Givens @ KC or Holt at Buffalo

Thanks for the advice

562027[/snapback]

I think your QB decision is simple. Play one of the hottest QB's, well rested after a bye, with a good matchup. Start Brees all the way.

At RB Ilike Blaylock and LT, but make sure LT is OK. If it looks like he's still bothered by the groin (the bye week should have helped), and they plan on using Chatman, bench LT, because Dillon is a decent option as well.

At WR, you have to start Holt, but once again, only if he's healthy. He's having some concussion problems, so keep an eye on that. If he's gimpy and/or not playing, Williams is the next best bet, because of the matchup, but keep an eye on his health as well.

Good luck.

Hugh

I need to pick 3 wr's for this week.  Regular performance league

Burleson vs Lions

Givens vs Chiefs

Horn vs Saints

Lloyd vs Bucs

McCardell vs Raiders

Thanks

562043[/snapback]

Horn unless he's not healthy.

McCardell for sure.

Burleson.

Use Lloyd only if Horn is banged up or out. He hurt himself in practice yesterday.

Hugh Im torn between Mason v Jax and Chad Johnson v Steelers in 1 league

and Lloyd v Tampa and Fitzgerald v Giants on the other.

562050[/snapback]

I think I start CJ over Mason. Both have pretty tough matchups. Volek likes Mason and all, but I think CJ has more big play capability.

Lloyd.

Typical performance based 10 team league.

Gotta pick 2 from James, Pittman, E. Smith, F. Taylor

James and Taylor were my first 2 picks and I know you ASYS, but these guys NEVER score TDs.  At least Pittman and Emmitt find the end zone.  It takes a lot of yards to make up for never scoring.

562065[/snapback]

Tough call. Alstott back in the mix will hurt Pittman, although it's not certain that he'll play yet.

I start Edge and Taylor if Alstott plays. If Alstott sits, play Taylor and Pittman. Do not bench Fred Taylor. Do not start Emmitt Smith.

Hugh,

Which 3 do you start reguardless of position in a yahoo performance based scoring system with no "required" positons.

M. Clayton TB

An Johnson Hou

O. Smith Minn

K. McCardel SD

R. Smith Den

Burleson Minn

Thanks, look forward to your insight -Bones

562067[/snapback]

Andre Johnson for sure.

K. McCardell for sure.

Then it's between Clayton and Smith, and I just can't bench Smith against New Orleans.

-6 pts per td, 1 pt per 10 yrds rshing or recvng

the choice is to either start thomas jones or start david givens...

thanks

562105[/snapback]

Jones might not play. If he does, it will most likey be RBBC. If that's the case, start Givens. If, for some reason, it looks like Jones will play and be healthy and not split carries, then I'd start Jones, but that's highly unlikely.

Well Hugh,

Last week we both agreed to start Willis, Edge, and Blaylock and sit Curtis Martin.  We Both Were Wrong There.

What do you think this week?  Which 3 of these guys get the nod?  Bledsoe is so bad, I feel that any D can put 11 in the box and stop Willis.  They dont even have to cover the receivers cause Drew will miss them anyways.

Thx

562246[/snapback]

I just mentioned it in another post. It took me 9 weeks, but I don't think I'd sit Martin any more. :D

I go with Willis, Edge and CuMar, although I'm on the fence between Willis and Blaylock.

Hey Hugh, big week and I need the win.  I need to start two RBs and two Wrs.  Same question as last week with a little variation.

Barber v. ATL

Pittman v. SF

DDavis v. GB

I was leaning towards Barber and Davis, then started thinking that Pittman has a good matchup!!!

Mason @ JAX

Ward @ CIN

Clayton v. SF

I am leaning towards Clayton and Mason.

Thanks!

562315[/snapback]

Well, I'll go against the huddle here, and tell you to bench Barber. I'm not sure how the huddle has Manning at 200 yards passing either. Atlanta will put 8 in the box making it tough for Barber to run, and Eli doesn't have the experience to make them pay, so I see a bad day for Tiki.

I go Mason and Ward. The better, proven WR's over the young up and comer.

Hugh, another easy one for you:  Performance scoring:  Griese or A Brooks.  Thanks again.

562394[/snapback]

As hard as it is to imagine, I think Griese is the better option here. SF gives up a lot of passing TD's (20 I think YTD), so Griese should benefit, while Brooks is just struggling, and now Horn gets hurt in practice, so I think Griese is your man.

As hard as it is to imagine, I think Griese is the better option here. SF gives up a lot of passing TD's (20 I think YTD), so Griese should benefit, while Brooks is just struggling, and now Horn gets hurt in practice, so I think Griese is your man.

562398[/snapback]

Exactly what I was looking for! Thanks

Hugh:

Who to start at QB in Week 11?

1. Hasselbeck vs. Dolphins

2. Gerrard vs. Titans

3. Harrington @Vikings

4. Griese @49ers

[1 pt every 25 yds, 5 pt bonus for 300+ yds.]

Thanks.

562406[/snapback]

Well, imo, it's between Griese and Harrington. Garrard is too inexperienced, and Hasselbeck has struggled and is banged up and has a tough matchup.

Now I know the huddle is not big on Harrington because he too has struggled, but as a Vikings fan, I've watched every game this year, and their secondary can make just about anyone look good. That being said, Griese is probably a slightly better option. Close though.

Hey Hugh,

My season is over, but I'm still playing for pride. My underachieving trio of WRs helped to put the nails in the coffin last week, so I'm benching one of them for McCardell. Which lucky used-to-be-a-stud rides the pine? Hines Ward, Chad Johnson, or Darrell Jackson?

Thanks!

Edited by tomfin2000

Hey Hugh,

I think You've talked about a lot of these guys, but this is the WR situation:

harrison - starting

Clayton

Williams

McCardell

I could start one more of those guys, or two more if I bench C.Brown (which I'll clearly do if he's not gonna go)

The question is which to start, and is any other worth Benching Brown for anyway?

and by the way, since i seem to be the last guy who has any faith in McNair,

McNair (if he starts vs. Jax) or Griese?

thanks

Hey Hugh,

My season is over, but I'm still playing for pride.  My underachieving trio of WRs helped to put the nails in the coffin last week, so I'm benching one of them for McCardell.  Which lucky used-to-be-a-stud rides the pine?  Hines Ward, Chad Johnson, or Darrell Jackson?

Thanks!

562414[/snapback]

Djax. Send that Opraher to the bench. :D

To be honest with you, I'd start McCardell over every single one of those guys this week.

Hi Hugh,

I have a real problem this week, please help!

I can start three of the following: A. Green, C. Dillon, J. Lewis, or Antonio Gates (we can start 2 RBs and one flex position) What do you think?

I also need to chose a WR between C. Johnson, R. Williams, J. Smith, and D. Mason.

This is a must win week for me so any help you can give me will be GREATLY appreciated!!!!

Hey Hugh,

I think You've talked about a lot of these guys, but this is the WR situation:

harrison - starting

Clayton

Williams

McCardell

I could start one more of those guys, or two more if I bench C.Brown (which I'll clearly do if he's not gonna go) 

The question is which to start, and is any other worth Benching Brown for anyway?

and by the way, since i seem to be the last guy who has any faith in McNair,

McNair (if he starts vs. Jax) or Griese?

thanks

562415[/snapback]

I'll rank them in this order, and then you can keep an eye on Brown, but I don't think he's going to go:

McCardell

Williams

Clayton

And from everything I've seen/read, Volek is playing so your decision will be made for you.

Hi Hugh,

I have a real problem this week, please help!

I can start three of the following: A. Green, C. Dillon, J. Lewis, or Antonio Gates (we can start 2 RBs and one flex position) What do you think?

I also need to chose a WR between C. Johnson, R. Williams, J. Smith, and D. Mason.

This is a must win week for me so any help you can give me will be GREATLY appreciated!!!!

562419[/snapback]

I think you have to start the 3 RB's. They're safer bets to produce for sure.

WR's for this week I'd rank like this:

Smith

Williams

CJ

Mason

Thanks for the starting QB advice. I have two more for you:

If you were to start one receiver among this group, who would it be?

1. Hines Ward @Bengals

or

2. Eric Moulds vs. Rams

or

3. Derrick Mason @Jacksonville

or

4. Santana Moss @Browns

This one's probably easy - starting D:

1. Bears vs. Colts

or

2. Bengals vs. Steelers

or

3. Redskins vs. Eagles

Thanks again.

I need to start two out of three of these underperformers:

Toomer

Chambers

M. Robinson

What say you?

562434[/snapback]

Me say that sucks. :D

I just can't see starting a WR on the Giants with Eli Manning behind center and an offensive line that has given up 39 sacks. :D

While I think Chambers will not do well with Feeley at the helm, and Robinson may not do well because he's dinged up, I think they're better options than Toomer.