[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

New User Questions

deebs71

Just joined The Huddle today, so I'm still finding my way around the site. Heard great things about it and saw it referenced in this book I'm reading on FF. Yet in the 30 minutes I've been bouncing around the site, it seems like several of the articles kind of untimely. For example, the Start/Bench List for Week 13...was posted on 12/2 and doesn't appear to have been updated. Also, no D/ST commentary??? Is there any D/ST commentary other than the IDP area?

The Weekly 6-pack was posted on 12/3 and seems lagging with respect to incorporating current injury updates into the analysis:

'Marshall Faulk has been abysmal in recent weeks, but think about pulling him off your bench for a spot start in Week 13. He’ll face the San Francisco 49ers and a defense that has give up a league-worst 15 rushing touchdowns. In his last game against the 49ers, Faulk racked up 146 total yards.' The latest news as of 12/4 11 pm is that Faulk will not start, Steven Jackson will. This news is reflected in the Predictions/Projections area of the site though.

I didn't expect the site to be a crystal ball, but I'm not that impressed just yet. Any guidance would be appreciated.

:D

Can I answer this or is this board really just for official answers? Ah what the heck ... morning is Jelly Time!! :D

I find it works best to get used to the pace and pattern of the articles which come out at various points in the week and then use the building insight from them as I approach my final roster moves ... Projections gets updated after it's been posted, so that's a good barometer of changes ... Priority news is a good source for updates ... and then, of course, the Boards keep popping 24 hours a day with a mix of great info and great off-topic foolishness (all hail the tailgate).

I've found this approach makes the Huddle very valuable and collectively very insightful. It helps one eat the entire elephant of what will happen on gameday -- not in one bite, but by one bite at a time.

Oh, and I love the banana. :D

Your problem is you read the book before watching the movie. :D The last thing we need around here is another snob aristocrat who thinks they're better than everyone else. Either you need to go or Chavez does.

The start bench list comes out on Thursdays and then priority news updates it as the games get closer, I'd guess. See on Thursday Faulk is a quasi-decent start while on Saturday you learn that Jackson will start. It is difficult for feature articles to contain up-to-the-minute informaion.