[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

How 'bout Dem Cowboys?

Kansas State 2000

The Rice call is up for debate. It looked like there was a lot of contact by both players. Offense is going to get the benefit of the doubt more times than not. The Keyshawn TD was just a horrible call. You cannot even justify it. I can understand the ref missing it, but WHERE WAS REPLAY? Were they packing up, thinking the game was over? It smacks of a fix. Didn't Testeverde also have a rushing TD when he was a Jet that actually wasn't a TD, against the Seahawks? I believe it cost the Seahawks a play-off spot, and Erickson his job. Very curious. . .

The Rice call is up for debate.  It looked like there was a lot of contact by both players.  Offense is going to get the benefit of the doubt more times than not.  The Keyshawn TD was just a horrible call.  You cannot even justify it.  I can understand the ref missing it, but WHERE WAS REPLAY?  Were they packing up, thinking the game was over?  It smacks of a fix.  Didn't Testeverde also have a rushing TD when he was a Jet that actually wasn't a TD, against the Seahawks?  I believe it cost the Seahawks a play-off spot, and Erickson his job.  Very curious. . .

597551[/snapback]

:D !!!!

The Rice call is up for debate.  It looked like there was a lot of contact by both players.  Offense is going to get the benefit of the doubt more times than not.  The Keyshawn TD was just a horrible call.  You cannot even justify it.  I can understand the ref missing it, but WHERE WAS REPLAY?  Were they packing up, thinking the game was over?  It smacks of a fix.  Didn't Testeverde also have a rushing TD when he was a Jet that actually wasn't a TD, against the Seahawks?  I believe it cost the Seahawks a play-off spot, and Erickson his job.  Very curious. . .

597551[/snapback]

Yep, that's it. A conspiracy by an underground, shadowy Ref's organization headed by perhaps Steve Jobs. Hummm, could the Seahawks just be a pawn in the Apple-Microsoft war. Looks like a direct attack to keep the Seahawks from ever reaching the Superbowl to me.

Damm The Man.... :D

Edited by JoJoTheWebToedBoy

And Rice's call wasn't a blown call ?

597537[/snapback]

Ummm, Did I say that?

I was simply stating the fact that they simply blew it on the Keyshawn TD.

I didn't even see the Rice play so I didn't comment on it.

But I didn't have to see the Rice play to know that the Keyshawn TD was a blown call.

The only thing that would have made the Keyshawn TD non-reviewable is if the ref on the field had signaled that Keyshawn had been forced out by the defender. The Ref did not call it that way.

In the absence of that call the replay guy in the booth was obligated to review that play, as close as it was, and at the point in the game at which it occurred.

The coaches on the field can not challenge in the final 2 minutes of a half, so they have to trust that the replay Official will review the plays that warrant being reviewed. They failed in that obligation last night.

As I said I am a Cowboys fan but never-the-less that was a blown call.

And it's not ok to blow a call in the 4th quarter just because you blew a call in the first half against the other team.

...Didn't Testeverde also have a rushing TD when he was a Jet that actually wasn't a TD, against the Seahawks?  I believe it cost the Seahawks a play-off spot, and Erickson his job.  Very curious. . .

597551[/snapback]

Was that the infamous "Vinny got the football logo on the helmet across the goal line" (but not the actual football itself) TD?

I got to listen to the last 1:30 of the game on the radio and the whole time the announcers were talking about Dallas kicking a FG while Dallas had plenty of time and two time outs. B):D:D

I just new Parcells was going for the win.

Obviously the call should have been reviewed because that's the responsibility of the review officials. But I will say that when I saw the catch, I didn't think for a second that it wasn't a catch. I, and possibly all the refs, were looking at his feet which clearly came down in bounds. When Michaels started saying he was out, I thought he was an idiot - until I saw it in slow motion.

Just as a side note, I don't really understand why a coach can't use his challenge at the end of the game if he wants to.

I find it funny that the NFL has been eerily silent about it today. Usually they have a statement after a questionable call. Remember the "leaping" statement after the Colts/Buccs MNF game last year? Or finding out that the onsides kick the Colts used was also illegal? Where has the NFL been today?

In the last two minutes of each half, neither coach can challenge a call in order to prevent the game from being slowed down too much. Seattle also had no time outs left to use even if they could challenge the call.

I think it was a bad call, but it happens. The stinker is that the Seattle Kickoff team did a horrible job during the onside kick.

In the last two minutes of each half, neither coach can challenge a call in order to prevent the game from being slowed down too much.  Seattle also had no time outs left to use even if they could challenge the call.

I think it was a bad call, but it happens.  The stinker is that the Seattle Kickoff team did a horrible job during the onside kick.

598752[/snapback]

Not to mention their inability to stop Dallas from making two decent drives top score the last 2 TD's.