[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Conflicting info on Moss

Brentastic

Isn't it clear by now that Mike Tice is a fat liar?  You won't get a straight answer as to what is happening on that team.

604970[/snapback]

I know, it sucks! He plays more mind games than the entire cast of Survivor Vanahaha.

I personally haven't seen anything about Moss being close to 100%, but I did read that he may be limited to 50 snaps. I read that from cbs.sportsline, which we all know is the bible for FF :D:DB)

From Fanball....

"The News

The Vikings are hoping that reducing the number of plays wide receiver Randy Moss participates in will help him make a bigger impact when he's in the game. Vikings coach Mike Tice told the team's official web site the team would like for Moss to play fewer than the 50-some snaps he's been playing the last two weeks since returning from a hamstring injury that cost him most of five games. "It'll be hard to do with him," Tice acknowledged. "Hopefully we can come up with some type of plan to keep his plays under 50, just so he's got more juice when we call upon him." Tice added that he estimates Moss is at "90-something percent" full health."

EDEN PRAIRIE, Minn. Dec 9, 2004 — Minnesota Vikings coaches hope reducing Randy Moss' workload will help the receiver regain his All-Pro form, beginning Sunday against Seattle.

Moss, who played a token role in two games and missed three others after suffering a partial tear in his right hamstring Oct. 17, has just eight receptions for 71 yards and a touchdown in two games since returning to the lineup.

The seventh-year veteran has battled back problems likely due to inactivity and stiffness in his injured leg, but only sat out a handful of snaps each of the last two weeks.

Vikings coach Mike Tice said he wants to use Moss on fewer than 50 plays on Sunday.

"It'll be hard to do with him, but I talked to him about it for two days, and hopefully we can come up with some type of plan to keep his plays under 50, just so he's got more juice when we call upon him," Tice said.

Tice, who said Wednesday that Moss was "90-something percent" healthy, said Moss hadn't suffered a setback in his recovery.

Moss has 34 catches for 465 yards and nine touchdowns in nine games this season.

Copyright 2004 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

From Fanball....

"The News

The Vikings are hoping that reducing the number of plays wide receiver Randy Moss participates in will help him make a bigger impact when he's in the game. Vikings coach Mike Tice told the team's official web site the team would like for Moss to play fewer than the 50-some snaps he's been playing the last two weeks since returning from a hamstring injury that cost him most of five games. "It'll be hard to do with him," Tice acknowledged. "Hopefully we can come up with some type of plan to keep his plays under 50, just so he's got more juice when we call upon him." Tice added that he estimates Moss is at "90-something percent" full health."

605045[/snapback]

Excellent info sky!! I'm definitely starting Moss the rest of the year. Live and die by the Moss.

And I am actually going the other way.

I am sitting Moss.

I may start him again in the latter rounds of the playoffs but I am willing to miss his 1st big game back rather than to keep getting crap out of him until he does get that 1st big game back.

I have no faith in Mike Tice and if he says that Moss is 90-something % I figure Moss is less than that.

So until I see Moss play well I am sitting him.

And I am actually going the other way.

I am sitting Moss.

I may start him again in the latter rounds of the playoffs but I am willing to miss his 1st big game back rather than to keep getting crap out of him until he does get that 1st big game back.

I have no faith in Mike Tice and if he says that Moss is 90-something % I figure Moss is less than that.

So until I see Moss play well I am sitting him.

605630[/snapback]

It's probably the smart thing to do. After getting crap out of him for weeks, I will continue to "tin-cup" it and start him. Good luck this week. Peace.

From Star Tribune...

Tice hopes to ease up on Moss' workload

Kevin Seifert, Star Tribune

December 10, 2004 VNOT1210

In an acknowledgment that receiver Randy Moss still is working his way back from a strained right hamstring, the Vikings hope to limit his playing time more strictly Sunday against Seattle.

Moss ideally will see action on fewer than 50 plays. He was in for 54 two weeks ago against Jacksonville and all but a handful of the Vikings' 60 plays last week against Chicago.

"Randy looks like he's continuing to improve and getting his legs under him more and more and more," Vikings coach Mike Tice said. "If we can do anything better in the game, we would like to get his plays down under 50. That will be hard to do with him. I've talked to him about it for two days, and hopefully we can come up with some type of plan to keep his plays under 50, just so he has more juice when we call upon him."

Since returning to the lineup, Moss has caught eight passes for 71 yards and one touchdown.

Right on track

On the eve of training camp in Mankato, Tice set two goals for his team: Win the NFC North and win Super Bowl XXXIX in Jacksonville, Fla.

Nearly five months later, the Vikings still have the opportunity to achieve both goals and are speaking openly about it this week.

"Our [first] goal is to win the division championship," Tice said Thursday, "and we still have that goal right in front of us. How? Win out. We want to achieve our goals. We only set two. Why not us? That's how we feel."