[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

It's the sh... it's the socks

DMD

Expensive socks but if they work...

ASHBURN, Va. -- Washington Redskins running back Clinton Portis was fined $5,000 by the NFL for wearing a pair of red socks last week, violating the league's uniform rules.

Portis wore red socks instead of the team's usual white in last Sunday's 31-7 victory over the New York Giants.

Portis had one of his best games in the different attire, running for 148 yards on 31 carries. After the game, he predicted he would be fined, but he said he had to make the change because, "If you're not looking sweet, you really can't play too sweet."

Perhaps I have the wrong perspective, but wouldn't actually running well make a player look "sweet"?

Expensive socks but if they work...

Perhaps I have the wrong perspective, but wouldn't actually running well make a player look "sweet"?

605568[/snapback]

I couldnt agree with you more DMD.

Players in general need to spend more time getting ready for the games than worrying about their attire or celebration dances.

31 rushes for 148 yards and 1 TD + 3 recpts for 14 yards and another TD!

I, for one, hope he wears those red socks the rest of the year!

I'm not sure that red socks will help him this week, going against Philly, but have you looked at his schedule and the Run D's he faces weeks 15, 16 & 17?

@ 49er's

@ Cowboys

& Viqueens @ Home

That's a sweet B) play off schedule for him, right when you need him the most :D

Just like Boston......Red Socks all the way baby! :D