[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

How many games

Go Skins

I know it's a big deal, but there's so much talk about Peyton's TD record. How many games did Marino play in regular season in '84 when he threw for 46? Seems to me it wasn't a 16 games schedule, but I could be wrong. If it were less, then is Peyton's record as big of a deal as everyone is making it out to be...

Was that the year they went 17-0, and was his TD total inclusive of the playoffs?

I know it's a big deal, but there's so much talk about Peyton's TD record.  How many games did Marino play in regular season in '84 when he threw for 46?  Seems to me it wasn't a 16 games schedule, but I could be wrong.  If it were less, then is Peyton's record as big of a deal as everyone is making it out to be...

Was that the year they went 17-0, and was his TD total inclusive of the playoffs?

621534[/snapback]

No, that wasn't the year they went undefeated, and yes, Marino played a 16 game schedule.

I know it's a big deal, but there's so much talk about Peyton's TD record.  How many games did Marino play in regular season in '84 when he threw for 46?  Seems to me it wasn't a 16 games schedule, but I could be wrong.  If it were less, then is Peyton's record as big of a deal as everyone is making it out to be...

621534[/snapback]

Marino's record was 48 TD passes in 1984, which he played 16 games.

Their 17-0 record was in 1972.

How many games did Marino play in regular season in '84 when he threw for 46?

Was that the year they went 17-0[?]

No. That was 1972, long before Marino.

was his TD total inclusive of the playoffs?

No.

621534[/snapback]

Beaten by Big John. :D

Edited by Shot_Kings

The QB who won the superbowl the year the Fins went 17-0 is the Dad of the QB in Tampa Bay.

And who can forget Earl Morrell (SP?) that year. Truly a forgotten hero!

Marino's record was 48 TD passes in 1984, which he played 16 games.

Their 17-0 record was in 1972.

621539[/snapback]

Yes Bob Griese was their QB in '72 and Earl Morall I believe releived him while he was hurt.